Tips for newbie who wants to gain after losing weight.

Options
After losing the weight (Fat) and reaching a optimal fat percentage.
My butt and thighs have deflated from their former glory, but it didn't bother me as much since I know its possible to refill them using muscle.
Now what are some good tips to bulk up the butt and thighs without regaining fat?
Or some general good tips for a newbie.

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching your goal!
    Unfortunately you will gain some fat on a bulk. To keep the fat gains minimal there are a few things you can do:

-Keep the surplus reasonable, I would say no more than 0.5lb per week gain or 250 extra cals per day or less. Any more than that and your fat gains will be more likely to increase. (this is the general recommendation for females, males can go higher)

-Programming, I would make sure you are following a progressive lifting program, something geared towards your goals. Glute/leg gains I would recommend Strong Curves. It is awesome and straight forward and 3-4x per week. There are many other programs but if you are a beginner it is great.

-Minimum protein 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight

-Also starting off fairly lean (which it sounds like you are since you say you are at an optimal bf%)

Be consistent and bulk for at least 5 months or more

Good luck
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    There are a few things you can do..
    Go off your diet, enjoy eating, but slowly. 100 calories per week, so you and your body can adjust to it.
    Work out more + drink = That should add volume