Any tips accepted! Getting tired

Hi, I have been trying to stick to a keto diet thus far. It's been okay minus the small moments when I crave chocolate. I have also been exercising 35 minutes everyday. But I was hoping for that big first weight loss reveal...where is it?

I'm 5'3 346 pounds presently 336

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    How long have you been on plan to have lost the 10 lbs? Are you logging your food?

If you've been going less than 2 months, 10 lbs is great! The big weight loss when you start keto or low carb is water weight, and if you aren't carrying an excess of water in the first place, that might not happen.
  • carylamodia
    carylamodia Posts: 60 Member
    Hello! Just keep going. Personally I just log my food and aim for the highest calorie deficit. Then exercise 4x a week at least 60 mins each at moderate to high intensity. I find cardio helps (my preference is running) and lift some weights.

As for a specific diet, I find keto hard for me. I just aim to eat less in general.

All the best!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Just keep showing up and be patient...
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    It is just my experience that fad diets like KETO.or Adkins... or IF.. all those things.. just are not sustainable. Do you want to eat like that the rest of your life? Will you? Be honest with yourself. Just remember.. how you lose your weight is how you have to maintain it..

• ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    lshaunda wrote: »
    Hi, I have been trying to stick to a keto diet thus far. It's been okay minus the small moments when I crave chocolate. I have also been exercising 35 minutes everyday. But I was hoping for that big first weight loss reveal...where is it?

You can have dark chocolate on keto! In fact, you should. It has a lot of health benefits. I like Green & Black's 85%. You can get it at Walmart for $2-$3, which is not cheap, but you won't need to eat more than 3 or 4 squares at a time. Lindt 90% is also good but I think the G & B has a better, richer mouth feel. I find that just a little keeps that chocolate craving under control.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    It is just my experience that fad diets like KETO.or Adkins... or IF.. all those things.. just are not sustainable. Do you want to eat like that the rest of your life? Will you? Be honest with yourself. Just remember.. how you lose your weight is how you have to maintain it..

Exactly. Sustainability is key. It shouldn't be a diet so much as a change in lifestyle.

• Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    lshaunda wrote: »

How long have you been at it?
    How many calories are you burning in 35 the min?