LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Staying strong is the key! I really like the phrase, just not right now....that helps me realize that yes I can have food, or coffee, but when it is my time...just not right now....

You are doing great though --best of luck with weight lifting --hopefully you will enjoy it!!!

Steak ---oh how delicious that sounds right now..... <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    vol- Right now I'm telling myself... "It's just until 3." It's been helping until I start focusing too much on what time it is and it feeling like the day is dragging lol.
    I have a few DIY projects that I need to get started soon so I'm hoping that once I start on those, it will help distract me until it's time to eat.

So I've changed my plan for exercising today. No cardio b/c screw cardio!
    I looked up a beginners strength training plan and came upon this one
    LINKLINK

I'm going to have to do it my own way since I can't use a barbell right now (nowhere to use it) and we don't hav 2.5lb weights we could add anyway.
    I have my 3lb 5lb and 8lb dumbbells that I'll be using instead and will try to upgrade to the next one each week.

I did the Day B plan which was chinups, overhead press and deadlifts. Just with my 3lb dumbbells.
    I can NOT to a pullup to save my life so I looked up alternatives and saw that you can do a bent over row type of exercise, which is what I did instead.
    I also added in a butt exercise at the end too. Not sure what it's called (lazy and don't feel like looking it up lol)... I only did 7 reps of it though.
    I plan on adding that in every exercise day as well with maybe more too once I feel like I can do it.
    Next week will be official week of starting that program so I'll be using 3lb weights then. /nodnod
  • LiLee2018
    Where is everyone at?? lol

Anyway... breaking my fast with a coffee and man... yall.. today has been awful. Nothing major happened, but my hormones and my kids combined equal a lot of stress. A LOT of stress.
    My kids weren't even doing anything out of the ordinary. Maybe acting up a bit more, but still nothing out of the ordinary and it was seriously getting to me.
    I hate days like this. Stupid hormones.... seriously though my 2yo is in super hyperactive must've suddenly turned deaf wrestling screeching banshee throw everything spitting MOMMY x infinity mode right now and it is absolutely exhausting.

I really wanted to break my fast earlier, but just kept telling myself.. 3pm 3pm 3pm.
    I dunno how well that will work once my daughter is out of school though. 3pm works now b/c that's when we get back home from picking her up lol.
    We'll see I guess :)

Some good news though is that I started off this day at 167 exactly and right before breaking my fast I was 165.8. Yay :)
    Might be even less if I get a good coffee poop! ;) lol
  • volgirl1322
    YAY YAY that is so awesome on the weight loss!!!! Way to go!!

You did good not breaking your fast till 3pm!!! #victory!!
  • LiLee2018
    YAY YAY that is so awesome on the weight loss!!!! Way to go!!

You did good not breaking your fast till 3pm!!! #victory!!

Thank you! It was a victory since I just haven't been feeling OMAD lately. I know it helps though and I want to get back in to doing it more frequently again. Just gotta get the little bit of willpower I have and keep it up until it becomes easy again! :)

• LiLee2018
    Friday weigh-in and....

164 on the dot! WOOOOO!
    Considering I was up to 171 last friday b/c of multiple cheats and eating my weight in watermelon.... hell yeah!!
    It's only 0.6lbs less than my lowest weight, but I will take it all day!
    No OMAD today (or most other Fridays)...

I think adding back in more veggies to help fill me up helped this week. Really helped keep my calories down and make me feel satisfied with my meals.
    I do like carnivore, but think I'll switch back to a keto diet more often. Sometimes just meat, majority of the time keto. /nodnod

Week after next is amusement park day and I think I'm going to cheat the day after too. Need to get down as much as possible. Probably won't happen though b/c my period will be starting soonish. UGH hopefully it will start really soon so I'm not still on it during out trip.. stupid week long period!

Feeling really happy with my progress though and I know with continued OMADing, I WILL get down to the 150's by the time our beach trip comes along :)

Hope everyone is doing well! Been so quiet here lately :(
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss👍 Cheering you to your 150s👏👏👍
  • LiLee2018
    And back up to 167 today lol. I really need to stop weighing myself after my Friday FFA calories.
    I also need to stop eating watermelon. I had more yesterday. Decided to see what the macros were and holy crap. 2 cups is over 20g of carbs! I was still considered low low carb yesterday even after eating that but still.... no.. no no no.
    Damnit...
    I might be over again today too b/c a U-pick blueberry farm just opened and we're wanting to go.
    I know berries aren't that bad though, but that's IF you keep an eye on portion which pfft... freshly picked blueberries.... come on..... come on. ;) lol

Anywho... no OMAD today either.

Yesterday I had 2 cups of coffee w/ monk fruit and unsweet chocolate almond milk which just didn't taste right.
    Leftover grilled steak
    Fried coleslaw mix w/ soy sauce, sesame oil, spices
    2 bites of pimento cheese
    Dinner was out to eat with inlaws and I had 10 hot wings and a greek salad
  • LiLee2018
    Oh yeah forgot to include the watermelon to my list of food. Woops..... I had about 2-3c of it.
  • jadepearl
    May be you should weigh-in once a week? Have a wonderful weekend❤️
  • LiLee2018
    Yeah I should only weigh once a week, but I always feel like I'll be UP when I would weigh. I definitely don't weigh as much as I used to, but I do still weigh myself a lot lol.
    Oh well.

So today didn't go quite as planned. Blueberry season has started, but we also haven't gotten rain in a few weeks AND the temps have been consistently in the 100's or close to.
    We got to the farm and it was just sad. Almost all of the berries were shriveled up. We didn't even get one bucket worth in the time it would normally take us to fill 2.
    Really hoping they get some raiin soon along with all the other farms.

I also had 2 small bites (like teeny tiny just to taste) of some baked goods.
    One of a chocolate filled churro, some cupcake minus the frosting. We went to a Mexican bakery/grocery store and wanted to try something. That churro... wow.... SO damn good. The cupcake was also good. My daughter wanted it b/c it had sprinkles but the kids didn't like it for some reason. Like it's literally just a big cupcake without the frosting. Weird children.

Dinner is going to be ground beef taco meat. I might have 1 or 2 low carb tortilla shells etc but we also went to the Korean market too and I got myself a giant jar of kimchi that I might fill up on.
    We'll see.
  • LiLee2018
    Dinner last night ended up being 2 burritos in low carb tortilla shells w/ pimento cheese, romaine lettuce and tomato and hot sauce.
    I also had more of the meat minus the tortilla shells and cheese. Had a handful of blueberries and that may have been it for dinner.

Tonight's dinner will be hamburger patties w/ some kimchi and maybe a salad too. OMAD today and already struggling with it this morning.
    Haven't been sleeping all that well lately for some reason. Just tossing and turning. Could be hormonal b/c I usually get like this before period starts.

I hope everyone is doing well! It's been so quiet here lately.
  • volgirl1322
    Congrats on your loss. As always your meals sound great!

I can't give up watermelon I love love love it <3 But I am not doing the low carb either :)

Keep on keeping on!
  • LiLee2018
    Yall, I dunno if OMAD is going to happen right now b/c PMS is hitting me really hard. Period hasn't even started, but all I want to do is stuff my face and I think I'm going to.
    Still going to try to keep my calories in check, but OMAD may be put on the back burner right now. I just.... I want to EAT! lol
    Last night though.... I got a really good reminder of how far I've come.
    Last February, we went to Disney World. I wore a fanny pack the entire time b/c I'm just cool like that ;) lol
    I hadn't touched it since we got home though. I want to bring it to the amusement park next week and... yall..... this is how loose it is on me now. Again, I haven't touched it since last Feb. There was still Disney junk in it! lol
    vb192egtqmd7.jpg

2 more weeks and I'll be at my 1 year weight loss journey mark.. and seeing that.... I'm SO damn proud of myself.
    Yeah, I get hella frustrated when the scale moves in the wrong direction or not at all, but as the saying always goes.. this is a marathon and damnit... I'm going to finish it no matter how long it takes!
  • volgirl1322
    you are doing great that is a huge NSV for you!!!!

Stay the course you will finish the race!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Dinner tonight was chicken breast with this chicken marsala sauce on it (cambell's prepackaged stuff). It was pretty good.
    Also ate a big *kitten* salad with it. I've had 1.5c coffee today, some taco meat w/ kimchi and blueberries w/ whipped cream. Also had about 1.5tbs of pimento cheese and... I think that might be it. Oh I also had 2 chicharrones I forgot I bought from the Mexican grocery. They're just meh. I like the texture, but the flavor is kinda gross. You can taste the oil they fried it in and it's not good. Boo :(

I am really enjoying my kimchi. Wish I could have rice with it but oh well. it's really good on its own.
    BUT man does my gut HATE it. It's why I think I have a nightshade intolerance. I get bloated and bubble guts.
    I love hot sauce and peppers and tomatoes though. SIGH

No idea about calories. I'm sure the pork didn't help anything and it was extremely disappointing to boot. BOO I say. BOO
  • jadepearl
    A huge congrats! Love it when things remind us how far we have come. <3
    Got myself some napa cabbage (very cheap at the supermart this morning) and since DH is also sick now, he requested for kimchi jjigae stew. He had it with rice. I just love anything with kimchi...yum <3
  • LiLee2018
    OMG YUM. I love me some kimchi stew. I usually eat about half of a jar or so if it's fresh, then leave the rest to keep fermenting so I can make soup later. Yum yum yum. Making me want some! lol

OH I forgot to mention that I exercised yesterday too. Started a new lifting program, but taking this first week to do it easy to get used to the moves. It's all just dumbbell exercises. Deadlifts, squats, curls, etc. Nothing weird :)

Feeling ok today. Still PMSing and wanting to eat. I doubt I'll get back to OMAD within the next 2 weeks. After these 2 weeks though... I gotta get back with it. Stop letting excuses keep me from doing it. Need to lose before the beach trip!
    I'll still keep track of calories though. :)
  • volgirl1322
    Sorry about the PMSing that stinks......All of your meals sound great though!

• LiLee2018
    Today went ok.

I had 2 cups of coffee. Half and half, monk fruit, unsweet chocolate almond milk
    I then ate a salad for lunch. Romaine lettuce, 1 hard boiled egg, ham cubes, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumber, pimento cheese (maybe about 2.5tbs worth), w/ ranch.... A LOT of ranch lol, oh and an avocado
    Dinner was ribeyes w/ another salad minus the avocado, cucumber, cheese, ham and egg and more cauliflower and broccoli and caesar dressing instead.
    Also just had a couple of hits of whipped cream all up in my mouth! lol

I think it's been pretty successful food day in terms of calories... even though I didn't track at all. I'm sure I'm not over. I didn't eat a lot of steak and even though I use a lot of dressing, it's not a ton of calories.

For some reason I thought I needed to cook a lot of steak though..... and I did. It's gonna be leftover steak for the next couple of days. I think some steak burritos sound yum! lol

All in all, not a bad day.

I do stink though. This is another reason why I hate summer. Oh no no... I couldn't inherit that no funk Korean/Asian gene that they're blessed with. NOPE! I had to inherit the funk.... the rolled around in a rotting onion field soaked in hot dog juice funk when I sweat. Awesome :neutral: