Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Keto Slim RX

2»

Replies

• IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER
    IUSE2BAHEAVYHITTER Posts: 105 Member
    You still have to have a keto diet and workout.. u do that you can lose without the pills
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    MikePTY wrote: »
    The placebo effect is a very powerful solution to many disease states in humans keeping about 50% of new Rx meds from gaining FDA approval.

The placebo effect is certainly a real thing in medicine which is why real studies require it as part a control for medical research. Particularly fir conditions that can be influenced by an emotional state. But one thing a placebo cannot do is cause pounds to magically burn off fat. The body doesn't work that way.

Some people may take these pills and also do others actions that cause them to lose weight (diet and exercise) and think the pill is responsible. But nobody can just sit at home and burn fat with the power of their mind.

Mike that was my thought once but with the placebo effect being due to quantum mechanics I think the below will put a big question mark on your current thought on the subject.

"The placebo group improved just as much as the other two groups who had surgery."

The Strange Power of The Placebo Effect Explained

https://collective-evolution.com/2018/06/07/the-strange-power-of-the-placebo-effect-explained/

".....A Baylor School of Medicine study, published in 2002 in the New England Journal of Medicine, looked at surgery for patients with severe and debilitating knee pain. Many surgeons know there is no placebo effect in surgery, or so most of them believe. The patients were divided into three groups. The surgeons shaved the damaged cartilage in the knee of one group. For the second group they flushed out the knee joint, removing all of the material believed to be causing inflammation. Both of these processes are the standard surgeries people go through who have severe arthritic knees. The third group received a “fake” surgery, the patients were only sedated and tricked that they actually had the knee surgery. For the patients not really receiving the surgery, the doctors made the incisions and splashed salt water on the knee as they would in normal surgery. They then sewed up the incisions like the real thing and the process was complete. All three groups went through the same rehab process, and the results were astonishing. The placebo group improved just as much as the other two groups who had surgery......"

".....Perhaps this is why more and more people are gravitating towards alternative forms of medicine. As Garth Cook from Scientific American points out:

A growing body of scientific research suggests that our mind can play an important role in healing our body — or in staying healthy in the first place. . . There are now several lines of research suggesting that our mental perception of the world constantly informs and guides our immune system in a way that makes us better able to respond to future threats. That was a sort of ‘aha’ moment for me — where the idea of an entwined mind and body suddenly made more scientific sense than an ephemeral consciousness that’s somehow separated from our physical selves.

Neuroscientist Fabrizio Benedetti explains:

There isn’t just one placebo effect, but many. Placebo painkillers can trigger the release of natural pain-relieving chemicals called endorphins. Patients with Parkinson’s disease respond to placebos with a flood of dopamine. Fake oxygen, given to someone at altitude, has been shown to cut levels of neurotransmitters called prostaglandins (which dilate blood vessels, among other things, and are responsible for many of the symptoms of altitude sickness....."

".....So what does this mean?

It means that through the power of belief, your biological body can react in a necessary way to target whatever ailment you are experiencing. Thoughts, feelings, and emotions are directly responsible for changing your biology....."

The placebo effect is more interesting and complicated than most people realize . . . and I say that as a skeptic and rationalist.

It's still not as unequivocally magical as you're suggesting.

I think it's interesting that you're lately heading out to the fringes where interesting and provocative things are being explored scientifically - like placebo effect and human microbiome - then positing all sorts of details that are waybigfar from proven.

You know that sensible people could become intrigued by those things, accurately presented . . . but you understand you're encouraging them to the contrary, I hope?

You know in no way did I suggest anything
    because did not write what I posted but it was posted from a peer reviewed source. It concerns me that anyone would make non true statements to mislead others who might take your state, "It's still not as unequivocally magical as you're suggesting." as being a factual statement.

There is NOTHING that is magical period. A Zippo lighter it not magical but if one did not understand the technology might call it magical. Magic just a term used by people that do not understand the science behind what they are calling magical.

Fear of the unproven is not a trait of the scientific mind. Instead of fear the unproven is just another mountain to conquer.

The placebo effect has been discussed in science circles for a couple hundred years and fully accepted as settled science for the last 75 years as you know or can read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo_in_history

As to the subject you raised about human microbiome the gut-brain axis discussions have been around for a while but it just recent months these discussions are popping up in news feeds more and more. Many of us just never thought about our gut brain but did talk about it as in saying, "I just had this 'gut' feeling.

https://sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S245223171730012X

Quantum Mechanics does explain the possibilities of so called miracles and I find that interesting.

My hunch to cut out sweeteners and all forms of grains and their derivatives came from somewhere outside of me as does all knowledge I expect. Was an overwhelming hunch to stop eating food containing added sugars and or any form or grain a feature of Quantum Mechanics in my case?

That is a contradiction in terms. Quantum mechanics is a model of particle physics operating under normal laws of nature. A miracle is typically taken to be an event or occurrence where the laws of nature are suspended.

Despite a lot of people making claims about quantum mechanics like What the Bleep Do We Know, there is nothing in the actual application that shows quantum mechanics's observer effect is anything like the mind over matter claims or claims that they are evidence of Subjectivist Idealism. All of the unexpected effects accredited to an observer in quantum mechanics could be more clearly called the measurement effect because all of the results hold if the "observer" is a prepogrammed, non-conscious machine.