Leila’s OMAD Journey

indymomma19
indymomma19 Posts: 4 Member
Might as well start my own.
Height 5’2”
SW 170
CW 163
GW 110
OMAD meal choice Paleo/Keto. Absolutely no calorie restrictions.
The first day of OMAD was the hardest. Felt the worst hunger pain and craved all kinds of junk.
The second day was easy but less energy. As a stay at home mom, I have the luxury to nap during the day.
As of DAY 5 I feel lighter and happier. Crazy pregnancy and postpartum hormones seem to have been balanced out finally. Not sure if it’s related to OMAD.
I let my body decide how much I eat. I ate about 3000 calories in one meal because I eat calorie dense Paleo/Keto meal.

Replies

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Great job :) I wish I could eat that much and still lose weight... and nap.... I wish I could nap too. SIGH!
  • indymomma19
    indymomma19 Posts: 4 Member
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    Great job :) I wish I could eat that much and still lose weight... and nap.... I wish I could nap too. SIGH!

Not that much food per se. Just a regular size plate with calorie dense fatty ingredients such as salmon, cod, lamb, crab legs, sardines, lobster, shrimp, bacon, oyster, avocado, butter, olive oil, feta cheese, Parmesan cheese,... etc etc
    Also, you eat only once so you get to afford pricey items.
    Fatty food doesn’t spike insulin, insulin store fat. So it doesn’t matter how much I eat, I still lose weight. Weight loss is not a math problem. It’s a hormonal problem.
    Calories means nothing!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the group!
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Calories still mean something to my body. I eat keto/meat heavy and when I don't keep track of calories in, I don't lose.
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    A warm welcome and congrats on your weight loss! <3
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome! And me too Lisa - on my free eat days, sure but on my regular OMAD or mini-fast days :noway: I'd never lose - so keep it up! It's amazing that you can do that!