Serial Starters

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Good morning all!
    Lana - I heard that apple process before. Told to always have an apple ready to bite into on the counter! It does work. Asking that "am I hungry" question and I find a follow up affirmation to myself "you deserve to be healthy" helps me either walk away or change what I eat.
    Sara - sorry to hear about your friend. and you are a great friend with your kind gestures!
    Suzu - Happy belated Anniversary!
    Have the best Monday possible everyone!
    Lynn
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I understand the "apple" process. My answer, will almost never be "apple" because, it's a process for me to eat an apple. I'm unable to just bite into an apple. Which means, unfortunately, I will grab that cookie just out of sheer laziness. But, there are many, many times that I will just walk away and not eat anything. Sometimes, still hungry.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Lana - I have heard that about the apple too. I keep apples in the house just for that purpose, unfortunately there are too many times I ignore the apple for something else.

Just got caught up from missed posts from the weekend. I had such remarkable time, the smoke cleared and the sun came out so it was nice enough to get out on the lake and the house was incredible.
    Such a pleasant weekend, one I will never forget.

Now to get back to eating healthy because according to the scale my weight is up to over 180 again. I need it down for my dress to fit more comfortably in 33 days!

I'll post some pics in a minute.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    A sampling of my weekend.
    mnxurk858ugs.jpeg
    c1v56nefv2r1.jpeg
    aunp980bdce7.jpeg
    gdq2wesrv6dq.jpeg
    3kzdyrmn9kgv.png
    efhfgo1lscds.jpeg
    e83ts7t6rb2i.jpeg
    ael746fev9nk.jpeg
    0sopjdprgag0.jpeg
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    edited June 2019
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/kathy.crafton1/videos/1841326342556621/&amp;&lt;/iframe&gt;

I'll call this a NSV. :D

Actually this video is from last year. But I have been able to balance a bit more smoothly now.
  • hickchic67
    Tracey - that looks like it was a GREAT weekend!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    u7ayx1o05mse.png
  • arniedog74
    hickchic67 wrote: »
    <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/kathy.crafton1/videos/1841326342556621/&amp;&lt;/iframe&gt;

Actually this video is from last year. But I have been able to balance a bit more smoothly now.

I thought I saw video of you, last year. Look at you! NSV for sure!
  • arniedog74
    Tracey- love the crafts! Glad you had such a great weekend! 33 days... you can do it..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    9019 total steps

3 tests for state I have passed.Took another tonight. Will probably have to take a typing test.... gets me so nervous to take typing tests.

Sup out tomorrow, I am gone Wednesday and Immed Sup on medical leave starting Thursday, see a trend??

Long day hope to sleep well. Wishing all a good night.
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Marsellilove - I will have to try that gin combo❤️

I forgot to record calories so back to starting again on recording all. So difficult to be disciplined on holiday. Lost my 8 days streak which is frustrating but my own fault.

Anyway hoping I will be better in sticking to being mindful of what I eat and getting some exercise in.

Hi to all 👍
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Air quality and my congestion are connected so no open windows for a couple of days. :p

I stopped recording what I ate, probably should try again. Put that on my list of things I "should" do.

Gave lady her purse/pouch and she liked that it was cotton yarn and did not aggravate her medicine portal the way so many other straps did. She also liked the idea of a romance novel to read while having her chemotherapy.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Tracy - That looked like a great weekend and your daughter is beautiful. You can get back on track for the 33 day push!
    Morning all - busy week ahead. I'm heading to grocery on the way in. My food stock at work is seriously depleted.
    Apples (always), 80 cal yogurt, V8, individual cottage cheese, frozen meal for lunches. I've fallen in love with Healthy Choice Korean Beef spicy power bowls (it is really spicy). Not crazy about some of the others, but love that one.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

The Apple....

Lynn - thank you for the simple, good idea of having the apple ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER. Such a simple tweak, but that would be key for me and maybe a lot of peeps!

Lana

243.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Tracey in Edmonton~~

Amazing photos! You all are just beaming!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    hickchic67 wrote: »

Kathryn - that is just crazy!!!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    TUESDAY

I stopped recording what I ate, probably should try again. Put that on my list of things I "should" do.

Gave lady her purse/pouch and she liked that it was cotton yarn and did not aggravate her medicine portal the way so many other straps did. She also liked the idea of a romance novel to read while having her chemotherapy.

Sara - So glad to hear the lady likes her purse/pouch. Chemo is tough stuff.
    Get yourself a pretty journal to track your food. My local drug stores have some prettied-up versions of the old black and white composition books; that's what I use. Mine is pink with silver sparkles on it. It helps me.

Waving to Suzu and Dawn and Laura and Kate and Missy and Tracy in Tenn. and Meghan and all who stop by later on....

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hello all!
    Kathryn - great NSV :smiley: thanks for sharing. I can't get my car up on ramps let along on what what you did! wow~
    Tracey - also thanks for sharing. Lake time looks great! I am so glad you had such a great time. 33 days - one day at a time and you will look AMAZING!
    Sara - good luck with the tests. Sounds like work is not getting easier for you. Take a deep breath and just type. you got this!
    I did order my dress off the rack and got my first try on yesterday. I wanted a simple summery dress because my daughters is outside ceremony and tent reception. So here it is. Needs some alterations. Taking it about an inch off ground, raising shoulders and some tucks. Happy with the color! Might put a broach or something on the side of the waste where it gathers. Need to find a colorful shawl/scarf yet I think. 13y7lgcuwml6.jpg

Lurking from work.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    suzu - Korean beef in that line is too spicy for me - I eat the white bean vegetarian when I can find it. Cafe is owned by Koreans and so we get Korean beef specials often

Lynn - that is a fabulous dress one that you can wear again after the wedding - love the color.

We are almost at page 500!! Wow pretty amazing.

At work, crawling back under rock.
  • hickchic67
    Lynn - LOVE that color! a very elegant design too. You look great!
    Sara - like Lynn said, take a deep breath and type. you are knocking out those tests like a champ! we never had tests like that for state work here. lucky there wasn't because, at the time, I couldn't type worth anything.
    suzu - Korean Beef Power Bowl, I will have to look for those. I like spicy and for my days at satellite office, frozen is the easiest lunch!
    Lana - do you log in the paper journal, then put it into MFP? or just track in journal alone?

One sup deployed, the backup just gave 2 weeks notice. I have lots of work falling in my lap. Not too happy about it, but I cant complain. Keeping fingers crossed that the contract get picked back up so I have a job after July.