• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Welcome❤️
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    welcome!!
  • lbride
    lbride Posts: 248 Member
    I'm struggling to get back into OMAD. I had so much energy when doing OMAD! And am trying to get that back. (Wouldn't hurt to lose those 5 lbs I gained, but they, those will come and go throughout my life).
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome back!
  • metalangel777
    metalangel777 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi today is day 1 on OMAD 4 me :) I'm type 2 Diabetic and wish to lose 100 lbs and lower my blood sugars that run normally around 300. (hoping to get off diabetic meds too) *waves hello*
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!
  • arguablysamson
    Hi today is day 1 on OMAD 4 me :) I'm type 2 Diabetic and wish to lose 100 lbs and lower my blood sugars that run normally around 300. (hoping to get off diabetic meds too) *waves hello*

Hi,

Sugars will come down slowly but surely in most cases. Keep tracking them in the meantime and stay in touch with how you feel.

Reach out if you need more help!

-Joe
  • lexirosevelazquez
    lexirosevelazquez Posts: 3 Member
    Hi I am Lexi on Day 7 OMAD :)
  • arguablysamson
    Hi I am Lexi on Day 7 OMAD :)

Welcome!
  • LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    Hello Angel & Lexi! Welcome to OMAD and the group -- Both are great
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Hey all,

I’m on day 3 of OMAD and day 6 of IF.

I’ve been on and off (mostly off) MFP for a few years now. I started this last time about 5 days ago at 183.5 (which is more than I weighed after I delivered my 3rd child 4 years ago!!)

I was 173 in December 2018 and in 6 months without really noticing I put on 10 pounds. It was when I saw a candid pic of myself last week that my husband took that I realized I had really let myself go.

What’s crazy though is that this was all gained despite making healthier choices, and exercising more. All home cooked, eat your veggies first, whole foods etc. The exercise I think gave me license to eat more, and boom! 10 pounds.

I have to weigh myself regularly or I lose sight of where I am... no bueno. Lesson learned.

Doing OMAD because I love to eat a full dinner ans chocolate after dinner so would rather have all my calories at the end of the day. I naturally skip breakfast anyway, so I’m basically cutting out my usual 2pm lunch and 5pm snack. I’m also going to give up the wine for a while. At least during the weekdays.

Thanks all for reading!!
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    I just went through my MFP history and at my lowest weight I was 165. When I see the progress pictures of myself that I took then I realize I looked really good at that weight. Despite my ideal weight on paper being 120. But I didn’t see it at the time. I just saw that I had 49 pounds to loosed

I actually thought in my head until last week that I looked now at 180 the same as I did at 165 but clearly don’t. I look much worse but I didn’t see it in the mirror.

So bizarre....
  • arguablysamson
    edited June 2019
    Hey all,

I’m on day 3 of OMAD and day 6 of IF.

I’ve been on and off (mostly off) MFP for a few years now. I started this last time about 5 days ago at 183.5 (which is more than I weighed after I delivered my 3rd child 4 years ago!!)

I was 173 in December 2018 and in 6 months without really noticing I put on 10 pounds. It was when I saw a candid pic of myself last week that my husband took that I realized I had really let myself go.

What’s crazy though is that this was all gained despite making healthier choices, and exercising more. All home cooked, eat your veggies first, whole foods etc. The exercise I think gave me license to eat more, and boom! 10 pounds.

I have to weigh myself regularly or I lose sight of where I am... no bueno. Lesson learned.

Doing OMAD because I love to eat a full dinner ans chocolate after dinner so would rather have all my calories at the end of the day. I naturally skip breakfast anyway, so I’m basically cutting out my usual 2pm lunch and 5pm snack. I’m also going to give up the wine for a while. At least during the weekdays.

Thanks all for reading!!

Hi,

Sounds like you are ready to set your goal and knock it out of the park! Life teaches us those lessons, and when we get to that point where / when we've changed, we realize the need to get back to a good weight, we make the necessary changes.

Having kids will change your perspective, too!

Welcome!
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Hello everyone,

I'm on day 6 of OMAD. I'm 240 pounds and 5'7.

I have battled my climbing weight since I was a teenager. I have tried to "do things right", i.e. eat less, move more by counting calories, lose weight slowly and don't go on crash diets. However, I always regained the weight I've lost and in the end I yo-yo'ed a lot. I'm currently at my highest weight after completing graduate school.

I did became jaded a bit, having lost the weight twice and having to do it again. Once by counting calories, and another time by going plant based (I don't enjoy meat anyway). I've realized that the problem is emotional. My re-gain happen whenever a major stress happens in my life (death, separations, etc.) This time I'm tackling the mental aspect of weight loss by reading literature on how to break Binge Eating Disorder patterns and attending therapy to deal with my underlying issues of depression and anxiety.

I like the OMAD approach so far because it helps me control my intake without putting a lot of mental energy in planning/preparing what to eat and beating myself up if I slip up.

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Welcome!
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Welcome to the group!!! Best of luck with your journey!
  • greenandblack77
    greenandblack77 Posts: 18 Member
    Thank you both! :smile: