Best running app?

Hiiii can anyone recommend a good running tracker/logging app? I'm more interested in keeping a log of my progression rather than a super accurate pedometer. Thanks!! o:)

Replies

• Gen216
    Gen216 Posts: 32 Member
    Strava... amazing
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    I have an apple watch but I also run Map my Run for the additional information it has
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Get on a treadmill with a spreadsheet.. Keep track of it your self.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    I use Runkeeper for tracking distance/calories/etc and Nike Run Club for creating a running plan. Both free and easy to use, plus Runkeeper syncs with MFP.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Gen216 wrote: »
    Strava... amazing

Strava sometimes screws up when it tracks. They seem to be focusing mostly on the interactive stuff, like the segment comparisons and run-to-run performance.

I use a Garmin Watch and link to Strava. I keep postings private by default and edit them to be public when it suits me. Then you can go on vacation and do a bunch of runs, turning them public after your return. This gives some peace of mind about people knowing you're away.

I can't decide if it's worth paying for Strava premium since you get so much information from the Garmin app itself. The Strava app does let you know how you've done relative to prior workouts, which is helpful.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Garmin watch with Garmin Connect.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I use MapMyRide. It's free and tracks my total distance, distance per mile, speed, and time. It's simple, but works.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Garmin connect if you have a watch/tracker... Strava if you don't.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    Garmin & Strava
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    grimendale wrote: »
    I use Runkeeper for tracking distance/calories/etc and Nike Run Club for creating a running plan. Both free and easy to use, plus Runkeeper syncs with MFP.

How do you sync Runkeeper to MFP? I've been trying to find it and am having no luck. That would make things so much easier!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    I use Runkeeper!
  • rickybrown1021
    rickybrown1021 Posts: 1 Member
    I use Nike run app
  • smcurtis1981
    smcurtis1981 Posts: 53 Member
    Runkeeper is my favourite. I don’t try and sync it as I don’t eat my exercise calories so it doesn’t matter. I just like to see my stats and my speeds etc.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    grimendale wrote: »

How do you sync Runkeeper to MFP? I've been trying to find it and am having no luck. That would make things so much easier!

Not sure how it works on the website, but you can find it on the app under Apps and Devices. You plug in your login info and it pulls workouts from Runkeeper.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I use a combination of strava and run keeper.
    Strava is connected to Garmin and so tracks all my runs and activity. I like being able to see my various stats on their like how my hr is responding to pace, incline etc.
    Runkeeper I use for the training plans. I'm currently using it to try and improve my half time and go for a pr in August. Once that's over I'll probably use it to improve my 10k time (or possibly 5k but that's not a distance I really race)
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    I use Runkeeper. I like it because it keeps track of all your workouts and you can see how long your ran, how far, how many calories (which is an estimate that I don't use to calculate calories burned...I find it underestimates at times), and it will tell you if you just did a run that was your 'fastest 3-5 mile run' or 'fastest 4-6 mile run'.....and as you begin to run more or faster I find that that motivates me really well when I have a good run. I always go home feeling really accomplished. I use this app in conjunction with a Polar HRM, which I use for my calories burned calculation.