Intermittent fasting

Does IF itself help burn more fat or is it the fact that your eating is restricted to a smaller window so you eat less calories

Replies

• andISeeMyFitness
    andISeeMyFitness Posts: 16 Member
    There are also quite many different styles on how to practice IF. The 16/8, 5:2 and eat-stop-eat just to mention few. Try them and see what fits for you so that you don't get into eating overdrive once your fast ends. I think most, if not all IF styles suggest that you should be more or less on your maintenance level when not fasting.
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    ogtmama wrote: »
    I don't know why but when I eat early in the morning it seems like I am starving all day long. Putting off my first meal until noon helps me keep my calories in check and makes my day more pleasant. No magic though...I still have to watch my intake❤

Same for me - it turned out my brain needed to have it proved to it that I didnt need to Eat All Day. My understanding of hunger has been reset which has then supported CICO overall.
  • lukejoycePT
    lukejoycePT Posts: 182 Member
    Those of us who practice IF and don’t have eating disorders such as binging never gain weight practicing IF and know at a personal level the benefits received that others can do nothing other than scratch their head in doubt because they haven’t experienced the same.

I’ve never gained weight practicing IF (disregarding normal fluctuations day.)

You're lucky man, I fast 16 hours a day and yet i can gain 2lbs over a weekend if i allow myself to fall off the wagon. We are talking over 3000 calories here though haha.