Has my Libra app got it wrong, or me?

Options
y5mbx15o6ufv.jpg

Can anyone figure out how Libra has come up with this month's weight loss please?

June 1st I was 111.4lbs

Today I'm 109.8lbs

It's showing a 2lbs loss.

How can that be right? Surely it should be 1.6lbs?

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    You log in at a specific time on June 1st. So based on your May 31st weight, and your June 1 weight, Libra creates an estimate of what your weight was on June 1 at midnight. That is why it is showing 2 pounds, since it is factoring in part of your drop from May 31st to June 1st.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    You log in at a specific time on June 1st. So based on your May 31st weight, and your June 1 weight, Libra creates an estimate of what your weight was on June 1 at midnight. That is why it is showing 2 pounds, since it is factoring in part of your drop from May 31st to June 1st.

I've been weighing in at roughly the same time each day; as soon as I wake
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    It looks like you're about two pounds away now from hitting underweight (you'd said before that you are 5'4", and 108 is the bottom of the healthy weight range for that...). Is that your goal, or are you moving to maintenance?
  • sefajane1
    Options
    @PAV8888 I'm relatively new to this app so I don't really understand the "smoothing" and "forecast" days settings. Mine are automatically set at 14 and 12, respectively. Should I change them?

I have reset my MFP goal to maintenance since the end of my holiday (as I said I would) and I'm not trying to lose weight still. I just got a bit confused as to why the the Libra figures didn't add up.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    It looks like you're about two pounds away now from hitting underweight (you'd said before that you are 5'4", and 108 is the bottom of the healthy weight range for that...). Is that your goal, or are you moving to maintenance?

I moved to maintenance last week, after a big blowout holiday.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    sefajane1 wrote: »

Yes it looks like about 710am give or take. That means Libra used trend data between your 112.8 710am login on May 31st, and your 114.4 login on 710 am June first, to estimate what your weight was on June 1st at 12:01am. It looks like it estimated it to be 111.8, which would be why it is saying a 2 pound loss.

So that's why the data works the way it is. The other advice given on this thread about maintaining a healthy weight is important to follow. But this explains why you are seeing a difference from what Libra is telling you.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    The holiday was not a blowout. As evidenced by your continued downwards weight movement!

Both scale and libra.

Libra is not the answer. Daily scale is not the actual answer. Addressing the imbalance between expended and absorbed calories IS!!!

I know you've done it before!

Pav, I jiggled my settings about a bit earlier and even if I increase my activity to lightly active (which I'm not) it only gives me an extra 170 calories/day. That's not going to make much difference, surely?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I am not so sure that even the more than 500 Cal a day extra that ~3lbs lost over ~20 days would suggest as the lowest of entry points will prove fully sufficient. MFP activity labels are meaningless for you at this point of time.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    I am not so sure that even the more than 500 Cal a day extra that ~3lbs lost over ~20 days would suggest as the lowest of entry points will prove fully sufficient. MFP activity labels are meaningless for you at this point of time.

So you think I could go 500 extra?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    It looks like your apparent effective deficit was about 500 the past ~3 weeks. You are more likely to need that and more as opposed to just that.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    It looks like your apparent effective deficit was about 500 the past ~3 weeks. You are more likely to need that and more as opposed to just that.

Thank you.
  • sefajane1
    Options
    sefajane1 wrote: »

Yes it looks like about 710am give or take. That means Libra used trend data between your 112.8 710am login on May 31st, and your 114.4 login on 710 am June first, to estimate what your weight was on June 1st at 12:01am. It looks like it estimated it to be 111.8, which would be why it is saying a 2 pound loss.

So that's why the data works the way it is. The other advice given on this thread about maintaining a healthy weight is important to follow. But this explains why you are seeing a difference from what Libra is telling you.

Thank you, that makes sense now 😊