23:1

Options
lexirosevelazquez
lexirosevelazquez Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2019 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
What do you think of intermittent fasting (one-meal a day)? Has anyone tried it and had success with it longterm?

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    I practiced 22:2 for 45 consecutive days recently and liked it. It’s challenging to do considering family and friends, easier if you’re a one-mand band and have a regimented life most days. I like it.

It’s an advanced form of IF and not for a beginner. At a higher level, I consider it a lifestyle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    What do you think of intermittent fasting (one-meal a day)? Has anyone tried it and had success with it longterm?

It's an advanced method of IF and not really for a beginner. Personally, I'm not sure how I could stuff myself with the calories I require in a one hour window.
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of OMAD, after doing IF for about 4 months. I needed a reset for my body. I was carrying bloat and water weight that I could not just not get rid of (OMAD helped with this). It is tough to do, and I wont be doing this long term. I found that IF works best for my lifestyle, and I feel better doing that, compared to OMAD.
  • lexirosevelazquez
    lexirosevelazquez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sijomal: my roommate does IF and OMAD depending on the day, it sounded interesting. I don't feel full on 3 smaller meals usually without going above my calorie count. Also, I am in college and my roommates and I are vegan/plant-based and buy local/organic. It gets expensive, so also it seemed like a good way to save money. lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Sijomal: my roommate does IF and OMAD depending on the day, it sounded interesting. I don't feel full on 3 smaller meals usually without going above my calorie count. Also, I am in college and my roommates and I are vegan/plant-based and buy local/organic. It gets expensive, so also it seemed like a good way to save money. lol

So try it.
    If you like it and can get a good, sustainable, overall diet with appropriate calorie levels not seeing any reason not to give it a go. It's not like you are committed to continue if you don't find it either enjoyable or sustainable.

Not seeing how it saves money to eat the same maintenance amount in 1 meal compared to 3 though?
    Lower cooking costs? Saving in hot water for washing up? :smiley:

I do agree with other posters that working up to it might be sensible. I tried 16:8 and disliked it despite being someone who frequently skips breakfast / defers eating until the afternoon.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options

Not sure how you hope to save money? You are supposed to eat to your calorie goal, so the same amount in one meal as you would normally target in 3.

Now if OMAD helps keep you under, while you struggle on 3 meals a day, I guess that could be one way. But this isn't a type of decision I'd make based on allegedly saving money.
  • sefajane1
    sefajane1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I suppose if hou had to eat a shed load of calories in 1 meal then it may be cheaper to eat cheap high calorie foods like chocolate, pizza, pies etc.?