What's the best thing you ate today? (Motivational/Reflective)

As a way of trying to get to terms with my eating habits, I started asking myself what the best thing was that I had eaten that day. Doing that has really helped me confront the fact that it wasn't the chocolate bar (but the avocado and tomato with some seasalt) or the chips (but the homemade potato wedges), which is one of my first steps to coming to terms with the fact that the "filler foods" (e.g. chocolate, chips) aren't what I really enjoy eating: I mostly just do it out of habit.

So I am now asking all of you: what's the best thing you ate today?

Replies

• nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Today, the best thing I ate was a juicy orange when I came home from my sister's.
  • My lunch was a baby spinach salad with 1 serving of shredded cheese, candied pecans, and a blue cheese vinagrette. I had an avocado but it got all brown and bruised so I had to toss it.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,454 Member
    Oatmeal.
  • cemetree
    cemetree Posts: 17 Member
    My brunch.. I had a turkey, ham, cheese, and basil sandwich on a wheat sandwich thin with a cucumber salad in bolthouse yogurt ranch dressing with Parmesan and chia seeds on top
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Chicken salad sandwich and some tortilla chips. But, that's all I've eaten so far. After supper in a couple hours my answer will be the nachos I made. :D
  • colorlessgreen
    colorlessgreen Posts: 173 Member
    I had a delicious salad for lunch, and got an iced mocha from Starbucks on my way back to the office. In hindsight, the salad was way tastier and satisfying than the mocha! (Salad was romaine, black beans, red pepper, tomato, corn, with *small* amounts of white cheddar cheese, red pepper ranch dressing, and jalapeno chips. YUUUUUM.)
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    A homemade beef soup that I made that had a ton of veggies in it. Very flavourful and delish 😁
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Half a Reuben sandwich with half a Braums fruit and yogurt swirl(with extra yogurt to cut the sweet) for dessert.
  • annspal4
    annspal4 Posts: 8 Member
    I cut up a cantaloup from the season's first local produce stand. So juicy and delicious!
  • bluemalick
    bluemalick Posts: 12 Member
    Salmon with salt-free lemon pepper seasoning and a sauteed onion and bell pepper medley =)
  • L_jaimee
    L_jaimee Posts: 10 Member
    My lunch today. Spinach salad with peatos cheese things which are like croutons, with egg, bacon, grape tomatoes, and boathouse yogurt blue cheese dressing.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Canned tuna w/ mayo, chipotle peppers, bac'n bits, lettuce and tomato. Grilled between two pieces of bread. Kind of like a tuna melt without the cheese. But that's only because I ran out of cheese.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,476 Member
    Eggs with squash and orange bell peppers.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My morning coffee
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Today it was the three peaches I ate after returning from my walk.
  • moxiefitman
    moxiefitman Posts: 16 Member
    3/4 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt(aldi’s)
    1/4 fresh blueberries
    1/4 fresh raspberries

Above equals one of my 3 meals everyday.
    It never gets old.