Fitbit syncing

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    With a main point that really should be followed if you want to get out of it:

Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically. We are working on resolving this for all members.

During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will further increase the backlog of sync requests.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    heybales wrote: »
    With a main point that really should be followed if you want to get out of it:

Our team continues to investigate to isolate the root cause of the issue. At this time some users will see no data syncing, while some may see some data syncing sporadically. We are working on resolving this for all members.

During this time, please do not relink your accounts, as this will further increase the backlog of sync requests.

QFT.

There's no reason to fiddle with it or panic. Just let the mysterious forces of interweb connectivity sort themselves out. :smile:
  • staceytaylor66
    staceytaylor66 Posts: 1 Member
    Anyone know how to fix it?
  • MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Anyone know how to fix it?

You can't fix it yourself. They're working on it.
  • dsendrowski2019
    dsendrowski2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Has MFP given an estimated time of repair? This is frustrating.
  • heybales
    That's the kicker with backlog type issues - you can view how many millions of transactions have to go, what the rate seems to be.

But you can't estimate how many people will NOT follow the advice and keep adding to the backlog in their own attempt to fix the issue.
  • HollyPFlax
    HollyPFlax Posts: 79 Member
    Glad they're working on it. It's been 24 hours for me. Hopefully it'll be back soon.
  • cillovely1467
    cillovely1467 Posts: 1 Member
    Glad to hear I'm not alone. Just noticed it.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Oh god. I thought I was going insane. Litterly uninsed reinstalled twice. So I started to google.bmy last 4 days haven't synced at all. Glad I'm not the only one. Hope it gets sorted soon
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    I am using guidance from previous similar days of activity when planning my calories for today. It’s nice when everything syncs, but I’m confident it will catch up eventually. When my diary is updated from the backlog, I’ll find out how good or bad I am at estimating.... I’m deciding to take it as a “learning opportunity” for me.
  • ElizWill024
    ElizWill024 Posts: 14 Member
    Is there an update on the backlog and/or fix?
  • heybales
    I am using guidance from previous similar days of activity when planning my calories for today. It’s nice when everything syncs, but I’m confident it will catch up eventually. When my diary is updated from the backlog, I’ll find out how good or bad I am at estimating.... I’m deciding to take it as a “learning opportunity” for me.

Remember you can always look at your device as day progresses, or Fitbit app - at Total calories.
    Subtract your deficit.
    There's eating goal.
  • sharonbunn6
    sharonbunn6 Posts: 1 Member
    My Inspire HR will not sync with MFP either. Just started today.
  • I can't get it to sync and I've updated firmware and the whole 9 yards. I'm thinking of discontinuing. It's not worth the aggravation
  • emmamcgarity
    heybales wrote: »

Remember you can always look at your device as day progresses, or Fitbit app - at Total calories.
    Subtract your deficit.
    There's eating goal.

Yes that’s my goal. I am comparing my calorie burn to similar days calorie burn in my Fitbit log. Since I look at my calories from a weekly perspective, it’s a little easier to adjust.
  • emmamcgarity
    FWIW I am seeing a slight change in my data. Last night my night time snack had not synced from MFP to Fitbit. The calories from that snack have now appeared in yesterday’s Fitbit log about 30 minutes ago. Today’s data hasn’t synced yet.
  • gtjeddah
    gtjeddah Posts: 7 Member
    Same here, started yesterday judging by my fitbit app
  • gtjeddah
    gtjeddah Posts: 7 Member
    gtjeddah wrote: »
    Same here, started yesterday judging by my fitbit app

OK, the MFP IOS appears to be working right now and it synced ok with the Garmin app but still isn't syncing
    with the Fitbit App
  • DublinGreat
    DublinGreat Posts: 1 Member
    Mine is still not synced. Almost a week now. Anybody else's taking this long?