What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Happy hump day

6am sprints with PT. 30min of just sprints, no band, no weighted vest. No less hard work than usual though.

4.5 mile fast pace run. Included the uphill part of a race I'll be doing next month

5/3/1 cycle 1 week 2 bench, plus 5x10@25kg. Didn't do any other upper body accessory work because I'm doing the 100 challenge tomorrow.

Piyo first ever time doing this class. We spent a lot of time learning the moves and probably will do for the first few weeks. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Hips are really feeling it, but I knew a lot of the positions from stretching with my pt
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Death by Burpee
    16 burpees - 400m run
    12 burpees - 400m run
    8 burpees - 400m run
    4 burpees - 400m run
    Repeat
    Took about 40 minutes to complete
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited June 2019
    dvmmcw3094 wrote: »
    Death by Burpee
    16 burpees - 400m run
    12 burpees - 400m run
    8 burpees - 400m run
    4 burpees - 400m run
    Repeat

Impressive! I did 400 meter repeats over the weekend preparing for a fun run so know that feel and I've done my fair share of burpees. The decreasing reps for burpees of your workout must have given you a glimmer of hope while mentally preparing for the next round. Creative superset, I like it. Keep up the good work.

• pierinifitness
    6/5/2019 - lunch hour at local park 96F degrees 30 percent humidity -

Run 2:40 walk 0:20 for 10 rounds = 3.18 miles in 30 minutes.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    60 minute Krav Maga class
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    Pilates this morning. Gym tonight for treadmill and some light stretching and abs.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    I had a really good row which was a great contrast from yesterday's discouraging row. After our warmup, we did a handful of starts (which went shockingly well), and then some 3x2min on 15 strokes off, spun and did another 2 or those.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Rain out (well lightning, actually) so no rowing yesterday morning, so I did a bunch of useful stuff in house and garage, plus yard work when it cleared in the afternoon.
    aokoye wrote: »
    Rowed for an hour and a half or so in a double. Bowed for the first time (that was interesting - nothing got run into though), attempted docking for the first time, and remembered that the way that I start to feel more comfortable in smaller boats at first is to be in them with people who are much more experienced than I am. That probably won't happen much until after regionals sadly.

People always have trouble docking at first. Usually takes a couple of seasons. :lol: If your water lets you approach bow-first in line with the edge of the dock as is done at our club, then what I always tell our new scullers is to think of it as aligning to hit the corner of the dock (inch or two in), go slowly, then give it a little tunk (izzat a word?) to move the bowball just off the corner in the last couple of feet, either a slight row on the dock side, or a slight hold-water on the water side. Your solo river turns (which can be good to practice in the double) will develop that confidence with back/row adjustments. Most people are afraid of the dock, and aim too wide. Be bold, but go slowly! ;)

(Non-rowers: A river turn, which has various names, is a way to turn a rowing shell in approximately its own length by turning one blade upside down, backing with that (pushing the handle away from your body), and alternating that closely with rowing (pulling handle toward you) on the opposite side. Boat spins on its center. It seems like a feat of coordination at first, then suddenly clicks kinesthetically and becomes easy. )
    I had a really good row which was a great contrast from yesterday's discouraging row. After our warmup, we did a handful of starts (which went shockingly well), and then some 3x2min on 15 strokes off, spun and did another 2 or those.

Not sure if these were your first starts-practice this season (thinking not), but my first ones are always a shockingly ineffectual splash-fest. Then it improves quickly. ;)

Further not to non-rowers: He's talking racing starts, I believe, which are done in a special way (particular pattern of short, sharp strokes to accelerate the hull off the stationary start in a sprint race), not just about starting to row in a normal relaxed way.
  • StatChicBayes
    StatChicBayes Posts: 343 Member
    strength training/flexibilty class with resistance bands and hand weights for 40 minutes, then 45 minutes of step aerobics class. Did part of my upper body weight machine regime (increased weights by 5lbs!), but plan to go back to gym for tabata and if time permits finish up the rest of the sets.
  • firef1y72
    Thursday

1mile run before PT (as fast as I could as part of challenge)

PT - 100 challenge

100 trx rows
    100 squats
    100 press up (last 16 on toes next time I'll be trying to do last 17)
    1 mile run
    100sit ups (managed first 60 without stopping then the final 40 without stopping)
    2x15 trx tricep extensions and bicep curls

1hr sports massage, he seems to be using more pressure now I'm not in recovery from any long runs. Lower back wasnt too bad, but there were big knots in glutes, quads and one calf.

Circuits- horrible as always with a nasty 5min amrap of 4 sit ups, 4 burpees, 4 combination of the 2. I managed 4 rounds and I won, yay me, could barely breath by the end.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    0.75 mile walk. It was supposed to be 2 miles but my 11 yr old dog made it clear she was done:( I might need to add a separate extra walk for the younger pup as less than a mile won’t do!
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    HIIT - jog for 5min, sprint for 60sec, walk 60 sec, sprint for 60 sec. finish with light 5 min jog. For total of 30 min. Followed by 30 light stationary bike.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    edited June 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rain out (well lightning, actually) so no rowing yesterday morning, so I did a bunch of useful stuff in house and garage, plus yard work when it cleared in the afternoon.
    Rowed for an hour and a half or so in a double. Bowed for the first time (that was interesting - nothing got run into though), attempted docking for the first time, and remembered that the way that I start to feel more comfortable in smaller boats at first is to be in them with people who are much more experienced than I am. That probably won't happen much until after regionals sadly.

People always have trouble docking at first. Usually takes a couple of seasons. :lol: If your water lets you approach bow-first in line with the edge of the dock as is done at our club, then what I always tell our new scullers is to think of it as aligning to hit the corner of the dock (inch or two in), go slowly, then give it a little tunk (izzat a word?) to move the bowball just off the corner in the last couple of feet, either a slight row on the dock side, or a slight hold-water on the water side. Your solo river turns (which can be good to practice in the double) will develop that confidence with back/row adjustments. Most people are afraid of the dock, and aim too wide. Be bold, but go slowly! ;)

(Non-rowers: A river turn, which has various names, is a way to turn a rowing shell in approximately its own length by turning one blade upside down, backing with that (pushing the handle away from your body), and alternating that closely with rowing (pulling handle toward you) on the opposite side. Boat spins on its center. It seems like a feat of coordination at first, then suddenly clicks kinesthetically and becomes easy. )

Not sure if these were your first starts-practice this season (thinking not), but my first ones are always a shockingly ineffectual splash-fest. Then it improves quickly. ;)

Further not to non-rowers: He's talking racing starts, I believe, which are done in a special way (particular pattern of short, sharp strokes to accelerate the hull off the stationary start in a sprint race), not just about starting to row in a normal relaxed way.
    I've, thankfully, started to figure out river turns in a double and quad. We actually just started figuring it out without being taught explicitly because everyone in my sculling class also rows sweep and so we just transferred that logic over. Again for the non-rowers, rowing sweep involves each rower having one oar, sculling involves people having two oars a piece (thank you Ann for indirectly reminding me to do this - I don't mind it, I just forget to do so sometimes). Our dock isn't parallel to the river which makes things challenging. It's also really really challenging to dock on the shore side because there's only so much space you have and the current is trying to put you into the rocks.

You are very correct, these were not the first starts of the season ;) My coach is actually ramping down how many starts we do on Thursdays and saving them for Saturdays to prevent injuries. We did more today than he had planned, probably because they were going so shockingly well. My boat was also coxed by a woman who is in town for the summer and normally coxes for her university and it was awesome! There's another cox who coxes for us in the summer on Saturdays and it's the same situation. He coxes his university's women's varsity 8 in during the school year and coxes for us in the summer. It's great for them because they get to keep up/increase their coxing skills and we get awesome coxes who are here specifically to cox.

Also boo for lightning. We haven't gotten any this year, but I'm wondering if people who have practice tomorrow might end up having it canceled for that reason. Forecasts are point to thunder storms. We have had it canceled for river conditions caused by too much rain, but thankfully thunderstorms are not common here.
  • pierinifitness
    edited June 2019
    6/6/2019 - late afternoon at park, windy -

#1 - Weighted alternating pull-ups and chin-ups testing the waters with 24kg KB - 2 reps every 2:00 for 12 rounds = 24 reps in 22:19 - some 2nd reps for pull-ups lacked chin clearance during latter rounds but all chin-ups reps were solid - will drop back to 20kg KB added next time.

#2 - Walk 30 minutes and set of alternating pull-ups and chin-ups every time passing pull-ups bar - 4 x 10 reps equals 40 pull-ups/chin-ups and 1.64 miles.
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    dvmmcw3094 wrote: »
    Death by Burpee
    16 burpees - 400m run
    12 burpees - 400m run
    8 burpees - 400m run
    4 burpees - 400m run
    Repeat

Impressive! I did 400 meter repeats over the weekend preparing for a fun run so know that feel and I've done my fair share of burpees. The decreasing reps for burpees of your workout must have given you a glimmer of hope while mentally preparing for the next round. Creative superset, I like it. Keep up the good work.
    @pierinifitness - Yes- the round of 8 and 4 shed a glimmer of hope of getting it done :)

Today: Cathe Upper Body Pyramid
  • firef1y72
    Friday

1 hour PT - wow a real doozy of a session today. Boxing warm up then
    50 squat jumps
    10 burpees
    40 sit ups
    10 burpees
    30 lunges (10kg weight)
    10 burpees
    20 dumbbell swings (10kg)
    10 burpees
    Bear crawl
    10 burpees
    20 swings
    10 burpees
    30 lunges
    10 burpees
    40 sit ups
    10 burpees
    50 squat jumps

Then we moved on to hill sprints, not just hill sprints but trail hill sprints , 10 of them.

After a couple hours rest and taking boys to school.

1 mile warm up run

Deadlifts :
    5/4/1 cycle 1 week 2.
    Followed by 5x10@40kg sumo deadlifts.
    3x10 single leg push down supersetted with lat pull down.

Total body conditioning:
    45min class and we did a lot of deep burn muscle work and spent a while working on the little muscles in the shoulder and rotator cuff.

That's me done for the day, yes I have spent most of the morning exercising, but will be resting the rest of the day except for picking boys up from school.

I was already aching before I started this morning (doms not injury) and I don't think theres going to be a single muscle that doesn't hurt in the morning.
  • pierinifitness
    6/7/2029

Rest day, knees said so.
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    I haven't really yet? I delivered today at my job it waa so hot out. Active time was 3hrs 28 mins (i worked 6am to 2pm) and logged in over 1200k steps which my app estimates to be roughly 700 calories. Im resting now before I get on the treadmill in which I will do 30 mins rest 10 mins then 30 mins (app says its roughly around 400 ish cals?) Thatll be it for the day unless I decide to do a quick 20 mins before bed just to tire me out. I wonder if this is even good enough
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Leg Press 3x10
    Dumbbell bench press 1x10, 2x8
    Seated row 3x10
    Calf raises 2x12
    Tricep pushdown 1x12
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    I usually work out 3 days a week in the gym and outside the gym ALOT of cardio - you can thank Pokemon GO for that lol