2019 Welcome Noobs to MFP

Replies

• ZaraMalik2019
    ZaraMalik2019 Posts: 9 Member
    Hey guys. Anyone there? In may 2019?
  • FoxyJedi
    FoxyJedi Posts: 20 Member
    My name is Jazzmin and I’m a huge video game nerd that needs to break my lazy habits and become a healthier me. I’m tired of avoiding the mirror and being less social because I’m ashamed of the way I look. I’m here to break the ugly habits I have from the inside out and find the self love I know is inside somewhere it’s just covered by the negativity I can’t seem to shake. So here I am ready to try (again after many attempts) to conquer my goals and break barriers. I’d really love some supportive friends who carry similar struggles so we can do this together. Who’s with me?? New to this so friends would be appreciated. 💕
  • mikej63082
    mikej63082 Posts: 2 Member
    New here just started goal is eventually 30 40 pounds
  • periholland
    periholland Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, would love to make some friends on here, recently rejoined! Lost my old profile :(
  • GemmaCampbell2019
    GemmaCampbell2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi all, would love to make some friends on here, recently rejoined! Lost my old profile :(

Hello Perri, I've just started using this app again after a few years out and also looking to make some fitness friends :) you are more than welcome to add me! X
  • lagilmore1021
    lagilmore1021 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Folks. I have been a MFP member off and on for a while. But I don't really understand how the community works. So... you just make comments here and hope someone replies?
  • itsmeswine
    itsmeswine Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! I'm Weslee. I'm a South African entertainer and i started MFP 3 weeks ago. i've managed to lose 10 pounds correctly: by eating according to yhe eating plan my Nutritionist has drawn up for me. What i've been enjoying the most is redeveloping my relationship with food and learning HOW to actually eat. :) Howdy!?
  • victoriaf1998
    victoriaf1998 Posts: 4 Member
    Hey guys! If you need someone active for some support feel free to add me 🌸
  • TheFearlessFreep
    TheFearlessFreep Posts: 2 Member
    Long time observer, first time poster. I am trying to gain some weight and maintain. I am not a constant user of the food diary. I hope that being more active on the forums/community will help me with keep up the entries.
  • jackieohoglund1557
    jackieohoglund1557 Posts: 3 Member
    Hello!
    I’m new to this app and loving it so far! I’m a fairly active person - I run, rock climb, mountain bike, hike and ski. However I’ve never really been good at restricting my eating and tend to over eat. Also I was diagnosed with a mental health condition two years ago and prescribed drugs that made me gain some weight despite my activity level. This spring I decided to stop making excuses and work towards being the fittest version of myself I could become. So far I’ve lost over 15 pounds and want to lose another 20 pounds. Would love to have a support network for this change and maintaining the weight I want to be so feel free to add me! Also wondering if anyone has found some good information on the internet about calculating macros. I’m trying to follow a low carb paleo diet during the week but am interested in having a bit of a higher fat content for mental health but not sure what I should set my macros at. Do you folks use the defaults? Or customize them? Also if anyone has tips on supplements or nutrition for mental health I’d love to hear from you!!!
  • jkhrn6779
    jkhrn6779 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone. My daughter used this app to transform herself. She looks fantastic and I’m extremely proud of her accomplishments. It’s Mom’s turn now. I’ve been overweight and then obese for as long as I can remember. I have a sedentary job but do a lot of walking/jogging outside that.
    I’m signed up to run a marathon in February 2020. Losing some weight will make the training and the race more enjoyable for me.
  • gcurry13
    gcurry13 Posts: 1 Member
    Been fit my whole life until the past couple years. I had two knee surgeries and can no longer run which was my favorite form of exercise. I recently realized I can’t fit a lot of my favorite clothes anymore. On top of that I struggle with depression and being overweight adds a lot of ammunition for my negative self talk. I know it’s not January and a lot of people may have fallen off the exercise/healthy eating train at this point but I thought I’d go out on a limb and see if any other later comers wanna join me in this journey.
  • livehealthychris
    livehealthychris Posts: 1 Member
    I'm a newbie to this site but not to losing weight. I'm a senior (69) with some back/knee issues and struggling to lose the weight I have regained. Original loss was #85 lbs. to reach my goal weight again I want to lose #19 lbs. One issue is the back pain that has kept me from my usual workout schedule and I count on that weight loss help. So slowly coming back to working out in a more modest way and I know it will be slow but that's OK as long as I lose and make progress. Anyone out there who is experiencing anything similar pls post yours ideas and encouragement.
  • joannahartley7854
    joannahartley7854 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello I'm a new member and I'm hoping to lose weight and stop comfort eating. I have osteoarthritis and due to the constant pain, I don't get out of the house or exercise much. Fed up of taking painkillers and hoping by losing weight I can reduce the amount of tablets I take.
  • Pioneer08
    Pioneer08 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Wanda. I'm hoping to drop at least 20 lbs. this year. I lost 23 last year, but it's harder to figure out now. My body fat % and BMI keep improving, but the weight doesn't come off. Maybe I'm watching the wrong numbers for progress.
  • christina_marie007
    christina_marie007 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi. I’m Christina and I have quite a bit of weight to lose up to hundred pounds. I am having issues with friends and families showing up with the goodies and treats and sweets and it is sort of discouraging. So I’m looking about for support and what not. I never did this before I mean getting on a site and chatting, so anyway looking forward to it.
  • zarams319
    zarams319 Posts: 8 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm new on here. Have a lot of weight to lose (100 lbs) Doing this alone and could use some friends who are encouraging and supportive.
  • Sami_Alsayed
    Sami_Alsayed Posts: 8 Member
    My name is Sami looking for new active people
  • pow3391
    pow3391 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi all, new here.
    Have to get fit but strong for an October fishing trip.
    Destination will be spartan for food, sleeping in a tent, daily battle with serious GT monsters.
    Need to last the 2 weeks there and not get KOed early.

Joined this community to monitor diet and gradually get used to eating less.
    Will be joining a gym soon.
    Anyone here does GT fishing and can recommend some exercises please?

Have saved up and worked towards this trip all my fishing life.
    Do believe this will be life changing personally.

Cheers all

Philip
This discussion has been closed.