Who needs motivated? Well ALL ABOARD THE MOTIVATION TRAIN!!🤩🥰

Replies

• Eddie_Ice
    Eddie_Ice Posts: 115 Member
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Eddie_Ice wrote: »
    Ugh, I looked ...my eyes , my eyes!!!

Lol Brody, dang brother I told you not to do it!

Both of your comments were too much for me to take...my curiosity took over and got the best of me...I LOOKED!!! SWEET MOTHER MURRY, I LOOKED AND I MAY NEVER BE RIGHT AGAIN!!!🥶🧿🤣😱🧿🧿🧿🧿😣😂🤣

RIGHT?!!! I’m even Leary of the Waffle House ...y’all better not try and sell me some blue waffles 😱😂🤣

Waffle house lawd I cant wait to get back stateside!

WAFFLES? Who eats waffles when pancakes exist?!? 🥞🥞🥞🥞🥞OMM NOM NOM..YUMMY!

Hey, I pick waffles over pancakes any day, especially a strawberry waffle with lots of whipped cream!

YES! FINALLY someone with some class!
  • Eddie_Ice
    Hi! I am 56 and starting over on this again. I was almost to goal when my son died and it all went downhill. This is my 3rd attempt. The first time I lied to myself and told myself it would be okay if I took a break between Christmas and New Years and it took me over a year to get back on. I have 118.4 lbs to lose and I hope we can support each other and get to know one another! Anyone who would like to add another supportive friend, just add me. Laura

Laura welcome! We definitely keep it positive and motivational around here, except when people are disrespecting the culinary advancements of man kind choosing pancakes over waffles. I look forward to motivating each other!
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Hi! I am 56 and starting over on this again. I was almost to goal when my son died and it all went downhill. This is my 3rd attempt. The first time I lied to myself and told myself it would be okay if I took a break between Christmas and New Years and it took me over a year to get back on. I have 118.4 lbs to lose and I hope we can support each other and get to know one another! Anyone who would like to add another supportive friend, just add me. Laura

So sorry to hear about your son passing. You can and 'will' do it this time! Take one day at a time and celebrate each victory no matter how small.
  • bjdavidson964
    Wait wait wait - why eat pancakes OR waffles when there are CREPES?!!? :smiley:

What do you all do when you're in a motivational slump? I've been doing so well for like 3 weeks and now... it's like I have stopped caring! HELP!

Motivational slump in terms of exercising? or tracking? or both? It's been said it takes 21 days to form a habit, but I think it takes longer than that. Don't overthink it ... especially exercise. To borrow from Nike ... 'Just Do It'! Also joining challenges here on MFP helps keep me motivated. And oh yeah ... Pancakes > waffles > crepes ... :D !!!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019 Posts: 935 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wait wait wait - why eat pancakes OR waffles when there are CREPES?!!? :smiley:

What do you all do when you're in a motivational slump? I've been doing so well for like 3 weeks and now... it's like I have stopped caring! HELP!

Hello friend, I was off of MPF yesterday because my babygirl GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL !!!💥🎓🌟❣ But I digress.

Crepes are in a class of their own...a delicious delicate addictive class of their own!!!

As far as being in a slump..I agree with Eddie, remember WHY YOU STARTED THIS JOURNEY, HOW FAR YOU'VE ALREADY COME IN IT & HOW AMAZING YOU FEEL WHEN A WORK OUT IS COMPLETED...

..Also, you may need to TRY SOMETHING NEW!!! MIX IT UP A BIT!! Maybe you aren't so much unmotivated as you are bored with the same old workout spot and routine...
    I'm RARELY in the gym...its sooo suffocating to me at times...SO I RUN AROUND MY FAVORITE PARK...
    HIKE THROUGH MY FAVORITE NATURE HILLS/RESERVES
    GO KAYAKING
    DANCE IN MY BACKYARD
    TAKE YOGA
    Whatever I need to do to make my workouts NOT always feel so much like...well...like work!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    Ugh, I looked ...my eyes , my eyes!!!

Lol Brody, dang brother I told you not to do it!

Both of your comments were too much for me to take...my curiosity took over and got the best of me...I LOOKED!!! SWEET MOTHER MURRY, I LOOKED AND I MAY NEVER BE RIGHT AGAIN!!!🥶🧿🤣😱🧿🧿🧿🧿😣😂🤣

RIGHT?!!! I’m even Leary of the Waffle House ...y’all better not try and sell me some blue waffles 😱😂🤣

Waffle house lawd I cant wait to get back stateside!

WAFFLES? Who eats waffles when pancakes exist?!? 🥞🥞🥞🥞🥞OMM NOM NOM..YUMMY!

Hey, I pick waffles over pancakes any day, especially a strawberry waffle with lots of whipped cream!

Strawberry ones?!? WHIPCREAM!!!??? You are NOT playing fair.😉
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    edited June 2019

Hello Dear,

You've come to the right place. This is and AWESOME group of kind, intelligent and HILARIOUS fit friends...WELCOME!🥰
    Loss is a cruching one isnt it...those days when just getting out of bed or managing to make it to the grocery without falling apart takes everything you've got, leaving nothing for a hour of cardio or motivation to meal prep..but what if seeing this weight loss journey through helped you work through your hurt and made to more fulfilled in general??
    Try some fitness classes that focus on inner peace as well as fitness...YOGA & MEDITATION are amazing...I CANT RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH...REIKI massage is also a mind, body & soul soother ...all of these things can usually be found right at your local YMCA or gym...also, what if you dedicated your fitness journey to your son(?) We know he would want YOU to be happy and healthy...so you do this for you...and for him.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    I’d say my slump is more diet and tracking than exercise, @bjdavidson964. I just gotta do it!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I’d say my slump is more diet and tracking than exercise, @bjdavidson964. I just gotta do it!

When I start to fall off the tracking it spirals. I miss tracking things, completely stop and then eat whatever I want. I started to go back and if I miss a day go back and put it in anyway. Even if it is not 100% accurate and even if it is scary. That way I am still holding myself accountable for my choices.
  • bionicpuffy
    bionicpuffy Posts: 93 Member
    Jamie2663 wrote: »

When I start to fall off the tracking it spirals. I miss tracking things, completely stop and then eat whatever I want. I started to go back and if I miss a day go back and put it in anyway. Even if it is not 100% accurate and even if it is scary. That way I am still holding myself accountable for my choices.

Yes, you're 100% right. I'm going to commit myself to honestly tracking all day today, even if I go way over and even if it's not perfectly accurate. That's a big hang up or hurdle for me - feeling like if it's not totally accurate (was that 1 oz or 1.5 oz?!?) it's not worth doing.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm re-upping RIGHT NOW!!!
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    I teach walking meditation , on the weekends usually...it can be very healing...if you're interested in maybe trying it...here are a couple videos to check out...

https://youtu.be/8D3oh2Rdvyw

https://youtu.be/09EO9IJgOi
  • bjdavidson964

Looks delicious! Please be sure to let us know how it turned out if you decide to make it.
  • Eddie_Ice
    Jamie2663 wrote: »

Yes, you're 100% right. I'm going to commit myself to honestly tracking all day today, even if I go way over and even if it's not perfectly accurate. That's a big hang up or hurdle for me - feeling like if it's not totally accurate (was that 1 oz or 1.5 oz?!?) it's not worth doing.

Thanks for the advice guys! I'm re-upping RIGHT NOW!!!

YAAYYYY back at it! We got this!
  • Eddie_Ice
  • Eddie_Ice
    I teach walking meditation , on the weekends usually...it can be very healing...if you're interested in maybe trying it...here are a couple videos to check out...

Running in most cases is pretty meditative for me but it focuses a lot on how my body is doing not really where my mind is. I actually enjoy the fact that I can run without thinking of anything at all. On the flip side of that, I have recently found an app that goes through guided meditation and I use that to really sit down and check on my mental state which is nice. I found it on accident through this Achievement app I use that lets you rack up points for doing healthy things and pays you after you get enough points or donates the money to a charity. Never been the meditative type but I'm learning a lot of the things I do to relax IS meditating just without the expressed label.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019

Running in most cases is pretty meditative for me but it focuses a lot on how my body is doing not really where my mind is. I actually enjoy the fact that I can run without thinking of anything at all. On the flip side of that, I have recently found an app that goes through guided meditation and I use that to really sit down and check on my mental state which is nice. I found it on accident through this Achievement app I use that lets you rack up points for doing healthy things and pays you after you get enough points or donates the money to a charity. Never been the meditative type but I'm learning a lot of the things I do to relax IS meditating just without the expressed label.

I love that you carve out time to check in on (evaluate) your mental health..THAT'S SO IMPORTANT.
    W,ell 'm headed to find that achievement app.! THANK YOU for sharing...it sounds like something many could really benefit from.❣
  • bjdavidson964
    edited June 2019
    I would love to know the app also. These days I typically listen to books-on-tape while running. The noise clutter from that doesn't leave much room for introspection.
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    I found a couple in the play store @bjdavidson964
    ghjolydlt94v.jpg
  • IMNOTHERE2HOOKUP2019
    bnbbrhkyssjo.jpg