Not losing weight or inches, Professional advice please!

k3ll385
k3ll385 Posts: 3 Member
edited June 2019 in Fitness and Exercise
So February 2019 I joined the gym and changed my eating habits. I do 2 Pilates classes a week ( this is for my lower back injury) , I also do 2 Body conditioning classes . I also try to get in the gym for at least 2 hrs a week , and do 30mins HIIT at home .
The scales are not moving, the tape measure isn't moving the stats on the scales where I weigh at the gym aren't changing. I'm literally losing the will to carry on.
It was so much easier in my early 20s before children, I went from 17st to 9st 3lb !
I only want to lose around 14lb and it's just not happening!!

Replies

• MT1134
    MT1134 Posts: 173 Member
    As previously stated, caloric deficit is where the weight comes off. Diet is about 90 percent of the battle. Eating "clean or healthy" is great but not enough if you're not eating the recommended amount to achieve your goals.

Getting blood work done is a good idea, as also mentioned. Rule out any dysfunction in the metabolic system or autoimmune system.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,080 Member
    k3ll385 wrote: »
    So February 2019 I joined the gym and changed my eating habits. I do 2 Pilates classes a week ( this is for my lower back injury) , I also do 2 Body conditioning classes . I also try to get in the gym for at least 2 hrs a week , and do 30mins HIIT at home .
    The scales are not moving, the tape measure isn't moving the stats on the scales where I weigh at the gym aren't changing. I'm literally losing the will to carry on.
    It was so much easier in my early 20s before children, I went from 17st to 9st 3lb !
    I only want to lose around 14lb and it's just not happening!!

Hi,
    Are you counting calories/aiming for cal deficit?
  • k3ll385
    Thanks for the feedback & questions 😁
    So I'm trying to get my head around it all , as it's so controversial. Do this , don't do that.
    I'm researching all the time and contemplating going to study fitness .

So I'm in a calorie deficit, my BMR is 1462 cals , so I've dropped to 1300 cals.

I'm not eating what I burn at the gym though. I really struggle to eat a huge plate of food. My 9 year old eats more than me!
    For example
    Breakfast- yogurt , raspberries, blueberries, honey. Protein shake.
    Mid AM snack - nuts
    Lunch- salad ham / prawn / tuna
    Mid PM snack -banana
    Dinner - sea bass , salmon, vegetables, potatoes.
    Drink plenty of fluids.

On a cheat night, it's normally a takeaway, but I always go for the healthiest option I can.

• k3ll385
    We're off on a family holiday, so I'm going to take a break and reassess when I get home.

I'm going to take all the advice on board, and possibly look for a PT. Definitely going weigh my foods , and possibly try batch cooking.
    A busy mum of 3, working , and studying doesn't make it easy for me.

Thanks so much , it's really appreciated!
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    k3ll385 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback & questions 😁
    So I'm trying to get my head around it all , as it's so controversial. Do this , don't do that.
    I'm researching all the time and contemplating going to study fitness .

So I'm in a calorie deficit, my BMR is 1462 cals , so I've dropped to 1300 cals.

I'm not eating what I burn at the gym though. I really struggle to eat a huge plate of food. My 9 year old eats more than me!
    For example
    Breakfast- yogurt , raspberries, blueberries, honey. Protein shake.
    Mid AM snack - nuts
    Lunch- salad ham / prawn / tuna
    Mid PM snack -banana
    Dinner - sea bass , salmon, vegetables, potatoes.
    Drink plenty of fluids.

On a cheat night, it's normally a takeaway, but I always go for the healthiest option I can.

I bet because you're only a stone away from your goal, you're fairly active with lots of activity and you mention you had a previous back injury (some inflammation sometimes), and that your daily deficit is 162 calories its just very slow. If you really are sticking to 1300 calories then you will lose weight on the scale (and will have done so in real life). But if you're going over your deficit then you will be maintaining which might be why you cant see the loss (plus any water weight from the exercise).

You would be amazed at takeaway calories despite tryingg to choose the least worst option in terms of calories.

This was my food yesterday - 6 m+s cheese mini muffins for breakfast, on the road, 300 calories, so far so good

Then my only meal of the day, mussaman curry with beef, no rice, some sushi to start, and a small tiramisu pot (like you get in marks or asda) for afters. Half a pint of milk to account for cups of tea. 4 sugars in a coffee.

I was a thousand calories over my deficit, so 500 over maintenance. Luckily I know I can make that up and had some extra calories left over from Saturday anyway.

• nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    By the way that food I just wrote out for yesterday was nearly 3000 calories.