What 3 things you wish you knew about life?

Phoenixsunflr
Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
Mine are:
1. People don’t keep secrets so no point telling friends and family personal things because they’ll use it against you and tell it to the whole world sooner or later. And there will be people disguised as friends as people you trust but they secretly get enjoyment seeing you suffer from your failing, mistakes and shortcoming so they feel better about their own miserable lives.

2. Put your health first. And that includes your physical and mental health. Eat the right foods, exercise, and don’t feel bad for removing toxic people from your life. Don’t listen to the haters making comments about your fitness journey because I’ve noticed the ones that give you *kitten* for it with their passive comments are the ones who are the most jealous and insecure of them all. Self development books and meditation help (yet I haven’t really meditated properly but I know it will be beneficial but if you have any tips let me know).

3. Quit that job you hate! I mean it! Nothing quite worse than waking up everyday going to that dumbass job you hate so much. It is literally destroying your soul. Money is just money it doesn’t define who you are.

What are yours?

Replies

• amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    edited June 2019
    You sound like you’ve been burnt. Most of us have. Believe it or not, there are good people, moral people and I think most people are. But there is something about our society can override this and push people into a conniving, malicious and self-preservation mode. This is wired into us, and there is that sensation...fight or flight. If course it is all circumstantial and no two people have the same path in life, but we do have that in common...we are on a path.

Your fellow man often have the same innate needs as you and me and he’s just trying to make his way to a destination with no real name. We all carry this burden so lets us not hate but rather, try to relate. What I wish I knew...I’d like to be able to put myself in other’s shoes and even if they do seem vile try to see their point of view. To better understand the motivations of others, and choose to be more optimistic. Most of the cynical, get caught in positive feedback loop where their confirmation bias only makes them see the negative and fuels this angst and distorts their world view.

There was a lot of projecting in this post and I’m sorry for that.
  • Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    No good deed goes unpunished

People will let you down

99% of people are decent human beings so don't let the few that aren't get you down
  • laprimaJenny
    laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
    I don’t have as much to lose as I think. If it looks right and but feels wrong it’s most likely fear. If it looks wrong but feels right it’s most likely intuition.

To stop worrying so much over things I can’t change and about what others think about me. Simply be honest with myself and with others.

But the most important thing I wish I knew when I was younger is that the struggles and mistakes I’ve made defined the person I am today. It didn’t make me any less or weakened in any sense. It helped me learn and grow into a better person. That’s something to be proud of and not ashamed of.

• Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    1. Others opinions do not define you. Do not live to appease others’. There will always be someone who doesn’t like you.
    Key to happiness, is understanding yourself and accepting who you are, living life. Don’t worry about how others live their life, spend time in working how to live your best life.

2. When you find your mind rushing and accumulating too much down time, find a hobby or exercise to fill up your time.

3. Be kind. Be that person who lights up someone else’s day, with small acts of kindness. Don’t be that person with an interaction that was someone else’s last straw.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    1. am I raising my kid right? What will he be like in 20 years?
    2. what my pets were thinking
    2. if I have enough money for retirement
  • Phoenixsunflr
    Phoenixsunflr Posts: 78 Member
    is their aliens

what government conspiracy theories are true

what happens when we die

eta: i dont think i read question right maybe

Watch this it’s very interesting might answer some of your questions
    https://youtu.be/FhjoEnG4gww
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Nothing gets better by worrying.
    You only got one life, live it.
    Listen to your mom...wish I knew that before, wish my kids know it now :D
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    1) Most of the shite you’ll experience, really isn’t worth giving a *kitten* about.

2) Never stop being kind- it can make more of a difference than you’ll realise at the time.

3) As cliche as it sounds- life is short. Enjoy it all. Relish the good, the bad and the ugly. There’ll be pain, love and everything in between. Embrace it all. It’s not always easy or fair, sometimes it’s a downright shitshow..yet, it’s YOUR life and that means more than you’ll probably ever realise.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    1) eat healthy, realize overeating is doing nothing positive for you, just making you fat.
    2) there are a lot of narcisstic people in the world, dont argue with them, waste of breath, just escape
    3) dont wait on an abusive husband or wife to grow up, some never do, so run