Where do I start and how do I stay motivated?

Elpeevie
Elpeevie Posts: 2 Member
edited April 2019 in Motivation and Support
Hello, I'm new at this MyFitnessPal stuff but I feel it might be the little extra help I need to get things back in order. I'm 32 and I used to be motivated and go to the gym, eat well and keep myself in shape but since last summer, I fell off my good habits and routines so I've gained lots of fat and lost a lot of muscle mass. I am looking for female friends, in a similar situation or not for moral support and help me get started. I'd like to chat about positive way to stay motivated and encourage each other to be our best selves.

Replies

• Elpeevie
    Elpeevie Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    Start by logging your (weighed) food. Make small changes that you can stick to. Then they become habits and you don't need to be motivated to stick to them. If you want to add exercise, it works the same way. Find something you enjoy so that you're inclined to stick to it. There will be plenty of days when you're not motivated, but if you look at it as "what you do," you'll show up more often.
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    When motivation is low, that is when self-discipline comes in. Look into that, and see if it doesn't help. Plenty of books and websites out there, so you can find approaches and wisdom that speak to you and techniques that work for you! Best wishes!!
  • asliceofjackie
    asliceofjackie Posts: 112 Member
    Hi there!

I'm 28, female and just started my journey for what feels like the hundreth time. Determined to make this work this time. I've got about 50 kilos to lose, and lost my first one last week. Might've gained a bit now during easter though :tongue:

Feel free to add me if you want to chat for some motivation, I'll do my best to answer :smile:
  • amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    You can add me
  • MrsTitus2
    MrsTitus2 Posts: 61 Member
    You can add me.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 179 Member
    Add me! I am working on discipline!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    Start with what you know and at the same time also start with what you don't know and work at that.

You say you used to go to the gym? right? Pick that right back up since you're comfortable with that routine and environment.

You also say you used to healthy? Right? Get back to those eating habits.

What may be new is logging your food...and that is educational ...as you'll learn what you ate that put the weight on you. You cut that out..and eat more of the stuff that is lower in calories.

simple as that.. you can do it!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Here is a good thread to read:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

personally i don't rely on motiviation. because that will fail you now and then. I rely on a good routine, preparation and eating a reasonable deficit without banning all foods i enjoy. Basically i make the process reasonably enjoyable.