Keto diet?

sherina87marie
sherina87marie Posts: 4 Member
If you’re on a Keto diet, please tell me what your daily meals are.
Thank you so much 💋

Replies

• Nallheli
    Nallheli Posts: 1 Member
    I recently started, normally I have eggs for breakfast, with tomato, onions, or mushrooms, chicken for lunch with cauliflower rice and a salad and tuna for dinner
  • nomasexcuses
    nomasexcuses Posts: 17 Member
    I typically do eggs and cheese with some kind of breakfast meat in the morning. Lunch it usually leftovers from the night before or either an egg salad or tuna salad in pickle boats. Dinner varies based on what is on sale as far as meat goes. Last night it was taco bowls, tonight it is chicken and broccoli alfredo as an example. Feel free to add to take a look at my diary for ideas. I don't go as strict on my carbs as some though. I base carbs off a percentage of diet instead of saying flat out under 20 per day.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I do keto for migraine control and my diary is open if you want to look.
  • sherina87marie
    sherina87marie Posts: 4 Member
    Is rice in a Keto diet?

• deejor3613
    deejor3613 Posts: 1 Member
    No grains of any kind. No pasta, bread or any other refined carbohydrate source. I typically eat a lot of salads with cheese and various types of sliced meat. The only food item you should be getting carbs from are vegetables.
  • Jelliqal
    Jelliqal Posts: 17 Member
    I am working on Keto Flex 12/3. Still figuring it out. My bfast is yogurt ( coconut or greek), ounce of nuts, ounce of berries, and maybe an ounce of cheese. Ginger Lemon tea to drink and maybe hot tea.

For Rice you can use cauliflower rice - make it yourself or find it in the freezer section.

Good luck - I am doing well on the program -more energy thinking clearer and yet losing weight.

Jelliqal
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    If you search Keto it will give you a ton of suggestions/recipes for meals...there are even keto beginner meal plans etc...YouTube also has all kinds of coaching for eg Dr Berry or Dr. Berg. Sounds like you need to do some research for Keto basics to get started.
  • tanishadw
    tanishadw Posts: 18 Member
    I eat 1200 calories a day because I'm 4'10. I've found that doing 16/8 intermittent fasting works really well for me.

I really love cooking, so my day yesterday was a homemade, almond flour crust spinach and feta pie with a lot of salad and some cheese on the side for lunch and Keto Fathead dough pizza with rocket for dinner. I also had a homemade Keto brownie for pudding :)
  • Jelliqal
    Jelliqal Posts: 17 Member
    tanishadw wrote: »
    I eat 1200 calories a day because I'm 4'10. I've found that doing 16/8 intermittent fasting works really well for me.

I really love cooking, so my day yesterday was a homemade, almond flour crust spinach and feta pie with a lot of salad and some cheese on the side for lunch and Keto Fathead dough pizza with rocket for dinner. I also had a homemade Keto brownie for pudding :)

Sounds great - share the recipes?

A resource I was recommended by a friend was dietdoctor.com
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Today I had an omelette made of 2 eggs and with smoked salmon and cucomber by the side for breakfast. For dinner I had chickenlegs, homemade coleslaw, green cabbage, spinach and broccoli. Perhaps I eat some cottagecheese with a few walnuts later on.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Diet doctor is a good starting point
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,893 Member
    My food journal is open to all to see....you are welcome to look to see what I eat on keto :)

Before I bought a bunch of keto cookbooks these are some of the keto websites I used....Dietdoctor.com.......ruled.me.com...........ibreatheimhungry.com....pinterest.com
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Diet Doctor is a good starting point, but it's not free.

I begin the day with coffee. I have one cup with 15 ml heavy cream. I have 1 cup with 1/2 scoop vanilla creme whey protein isolate + 1/8 tsp cinnamon. I have more coffee, black. My blackberry bushes are in fruit now, so I have 3 fresh blackberries with my morning coffee.

After noon arrives, I prepare my breakfast. 3 eggs, 2 slices bacon, 1 oz kale, a few grams of Nopalina and chia for the fiber, 2 oz cheese for the cheese. I mix it all in the same pan and consume every bit of the bacon fat. As long as I have some unneeded quinoa in the pantry, I'll add a few grams of quinoa to my breakfast. This is only so that I deplete the supply eventually.

For dinner I have 2 links of sausage. Each link weighs about 100 grams. With this meal I have also a serving of steamed vegetables. This varies, but I try to keep it to fairly low-carb varieties. I add an ounce of kimchi to this.

If I have exercise calories to consume, I'll have a can of sardines, maybe a pork chop or a steak.

To finish the day by accomplishing my protein goal, I'll have more cheese.

If I have the carbs available, I'll have a snack of ice cream (2 oz of Blue Bell No Sugar Added with a strawberry) and possibly a square of 86% chocolate.