What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Saturday

3.5 mile easy run practising the uphill section of a race I'm doing next month

Bootcamp - trx based in the rain
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Yesterday:
    1 mile walk warmup
    One leg Romanian deadlifts 2x12
    Push ups 2x12
    Lunges 2x12
    DB row 2x12
    Planks

Today:
    60 minute Krav striking class
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Rowed a double yesterday (Friday) and today: 6.8K, 7.7K. Long rollers in spots today, bit of chop everywhere. (East wind, counter current, so rougher water.)

A varsity women's pair came close to hitting us, at speed. (I say it that way because they were the ones out of traffic pattern; we were where we were supposed to be). They're used to having coxswains: In small boats, they mostly don't look. :grimace:
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Spin class was full so I did 80 min on the elliptical for 1000 cals
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Way to go @RunnerGirl238 💥

For me today- Cathe Ripped with HIIT lower body.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Rowed a double yesterday (Friday) and today: 6.8K, 7.7K. Long rollers in spots today, bit of chop everywhere. (East wind, counter current, so rougher water.)

A varsity women's pair came close to hitting us, at speed. (I say it that way because they were the ones out of traffic pattern; we were where we were supposed to be). They're used to having coxswains: In small boats, they mostly don't look. :grimace:

Bleck to choppy water and a pair almost hitting you at speed. I hate that.
  • aokoye
    Swapped riding my bike on the trainer for erging this week and will probably do so through the summer, maybe. I tentatively started the sweet spot base training program on TrainerRoad. Friday was an hour long ride on the trainer and tomorrow is 90 min, though I might swap out the 60 min version depending on how I'm feeling.

Today was an hour and a half in a 4 with three of the four people in my novice 4 for regionals (and we have no idea who is coxing us). It went ok. We had a new novice in the boat which was somewhat fun and I was sitting stroke (I'll be stroke for this boat in regionals). For the non-rowers, this means that I was sitting in the closest seat to the stern and everyone behind me had to follow me. So I had the job of, among other things, setting the rate, making sure my ratio of drive to recovery (the time the blade of the oar is in the water vs when it's not) wasn't too fast, making sure my stroke rate wasn't too fast, doing some communication with the cox, etc. It was also the first time we practiced (racing) starts with me in stroke. That was a bit nerve wracking for me but it was fine in the end.

In more frustrating news, there are dragon boat races going on this weekend on the river we row on so launching and docking was - interesting. To paint a picture, normally from the late spring through the late Fall/early winter get in the rowing shell, walk in down the dock, have half the boat row towards closest of the five million (ten) bridges that within the typical boundaries that we row between during the year for 5 or 10 strokes, stop, spin, cross the river, spin so we're pointed in the correct direction, and then row it up to a specific point and wait for our coaches. The juniors do something similar but they typically will just push off the dock.

Today we walked it down the dock, rowed for two strokes, did 180 degree turn, rowed the wrong way for a fairly long while until we were able to get past the dragon boat course, cut across the river, and then wait. docking was slightly better but it was so narrow that we had to row up single file to our usual congregating spot (which was smaller than usual because of this course).
  • apatel8614
    apatel8614 Posts: 1 Member
    Running
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Saturday - 6/8/2019

Rest day - mysterious sore sternum, tomorrow may be another rest day too; stuff happens.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Sunday

4miles race pace. Did a route a last ran around a year ago and was 30sec/mile faster, so it looks like my pace is starting to improve again. Also consistently back under 11min miles for 3-5 mile runs and at the kind of pace I want to be to break my half pr in august. Would maybe like to get under 10:30 miles for the mid length runs and possibly could have in race conditions as I don't think I was going anywhere near all out.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I did a little walk-run-walk in the morning and in the afternoon I skated a roller derby bout!
  • justin_black38
    justin_black38 Posts: 2 Member
    My work out today -
    35 min on elliptical burned 400 calories
    Leg curl 3 sets of 12 150 lbs
    Leg press 3 sets of 15 210 lbs
    Leg extensions 3 sets of 15 210 lbs
    Squats 3 sets of 15 210 lbs
  • aokoye
    It was going to be a bike ride, but depending on how long it takes me to write this paper, it might just be a very long walk.

The paper is due on Tuesday but I want to get the first draft done today.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    I call today's work out: Errands.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    My workout yesterday June 8th was the following:nxq06u85kbaw.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    My work out today -
    35 min on elliptical burned 400 calories
    Leg curl 3 sets of 12 150 lbs
    Leg press 3 sets of 15 210 lbs
    Leg extensions 3 sets of 15 210 lbs
    Squats 3 sets of 15 210 lbs

Nice job of blasting your wheels. Were your squats ATG?

Keep marching forward!
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    1.5 mile walk with the dogs
    3.5 mile trail bike ride with my son
    Lovely day!
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Spin- HIIT hills with GCN on You Tube
    Holy moly :0