The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Getting old sucks
    Got a cortisone shot today to relieve the pain of my shoulder while I wait for a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to repair my shoulder tear and the bicep that's tearing too. I hate needles but in excited at the possibility of being pain free for a bit.

Happy almost weekend let's go Raptors
  • AliNouveau
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    TomFit18 wrote: »
    Good morning my friends.....one day closer too the weekend! I could really use it! Hope you all have a great day.

Looking forward to the weekend also. After my unplanned vacation last week I am really hating work this week.

Hey Mike how are you doing? Make sure you're looking after yourself

I know it sounds cliche, but just taking it one day at a time. I'm ok most of the time, but there are those moments where it just seems to be overwhelming.

That's what you've got to do. Sometimes it's all you can do. Hang in there
  • AliNouveau
    Getting old sucks
    Got a cortisone shot today to relieve the pain of my shoulder while I wait for a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to repair my shoulder tear and the bicep that's tearing too. I hate needles but in excited at the possibility of being pain free for a bit.

Happy almost weekend let's go Raptors

I feel ya on the shoulder pain and hating needles. Follow the Dr. orders and hope you stay pain free.

Not a Canadian but Go Raptors.

TGIFF to all and have a great Friday!

Haha thanks. I'm always so good at following orders hahsha
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Happy Friday fitfam, hope y'all have a excellent weekend.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend Middle-agers :)
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Happy Friday everyone!
    It was my day off today and for the most part, I did take a much needed rest day. Even if I did get a 20 minute workout in. But the rest of the day was pretty much resting. Work has been nuts this past week!
    I work this weekend, but I hope you all have a great weekend!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning my friends.....one day closer too the weekend! I could really use it! Hope you all have a great day.

Looking forward to the weekend also. After my unplanned vacation last week I am really hating work this week.

I know it sounds cliche, but just taking it one day at a time. I'm ok most of the time, but there are those moments where it just seems to be overwhelming.

I have no idea what you are going through but I’m sending positive vibes and healing thoughts your way 😕💜

Thank you. My son passed away last week, just trying to get on with life. I also live in the area of Ohio that was devastated by multiple tornadoes, all of this happened at the same time. Fortunately I didn't have any damage myself, but just 1/2 mile down the road a lot of homes were lost. We did donate a lot of my sons things to the local church to distribute to the victims. It was hard to do so soon, but I think it helped us get through the first few days.

I'm so sorry for your loss.. I can't even imagine how you are feeling..
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member

I have no idea what you are going through but I’m sending positive vibes and healing thoughts your way 😕💜

Thank you. My son passed away last week, just trying to get on with life. I also live in the area of Ohio that was devastated by multiple tornadoes, all of this happened at the same time. Fortunately I didn't have any damage myself, but just 1/2 mile down the road a lot of homes were lost. We did donate a lot of my sons things to the local church to distribute to the victims. It was hard to do so soon, but I think it helped us get through the first few days.
    My deepest condolences.......
    There is no greater pain than losing a child.
    *HUGS*.......
  • AliNouveau
    Happy weekend everyone!
    Raptors won last night! Toronto is one big party atmosphere and I think the rest of the country is starting to feel it! So much fun!!!

I swear if I'm ever offered a cortisone shot again I'm not getting it. Still waiting for the good feeling from it
  • forestfreek
    Happy weekend everyone!
    Raptors won last night! Toronto is one big party atmosphere and I think the rest of the country is starting to feel it! So much fun!!!

I swear if I'm ever offered a cortisone shot again I'm not getting it. Still waiting for the good feeling from it
    I’m a few hours north of TO and yep - Raptors fever is everywhere. Though we have 2 huge festivals going on in the town I live in so everyone’s a tad preoccupied here. And very drunk by the sounds of it.....lol😜

• adlenemomant73
    adlenemomant73 Posts: 24 Member
    48....plz add me
  • forestfreek
    Hi there!
    I just sent you a request😊
  • AliNouveau
    Right?! Had one in my shoulder 4 weeks ago...it felt numb for about 5 hours, but pain returned next day while trying to lift...off to get MRI next

What's up with your shoulder? My MRI showed all sorts of fun stuff.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy weekend everyone!

I’m a few hours north of TO and yep - Raptors fever is everywhere. Though we have 2 huge festivals going on in the town I live in so everyone’s a tad preoccupied here. And very drunk by the sounds of it.....lol😜

Hey it's beautiful in Ontario lately so why not enjoy!!!
  • ladonnakerbs
    ladonnakerbs Posts: 1 Member
    Add me... 37 and back at losing weight again. However, this time I will not be gaining it back. Slow and steady wins the race.
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    I am 42. I have lost a total of 99 pounds. I feel better now than I did in my 20’s.
  • QuinntessentiallyMe
    QuinntessentiallyMe Posts: 88 Member
    Hi, I'm Quinn! 39, Pennsylvania. I lost 112 lbs. since 2017. Always looking for friends of all ages on here, but especially those around my age who may understand me better than a 21 year old! I do appreciate younger people, and think everyone has something to offer everyone. :-) Please feel free to check out my profile and send me a friend request if you'd like to.
  • forestfreek
    Good morning everyone😊
    Another beautiful day here in Ontario.
    My poor son has been sick all weekend so I’ve been housebound. He never gets sick - has one of the healthiest immune systems I’ve ever seen - but this flu has levelled him ☹️☹️☹️. Going to try and hit my treadmill today so that I get some exercise in......
    Have a great Sunday, all!
  • srbeaty
    srbeaty Posts: 2 Member
    Hey guys!!! 46 here...love seeing more of the 40+ crowd into fitness!!!
    I was in the world of triathlon and Ironman from 2001-2012, but didn't start lifting until I was 42...best thing I've done for my body yet!!!