NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    @trooworld so sorry about your little pup. It's so upsetting when something is wrong with them. I hope the vet can figure it out. How old is he?

@theslightedgeforever glad your journey is making progress. I'm sure walking on some trails will feel good after jostling around in a truck!

@TeresaW1020 hope your legs feel better! It is always a tough balance between exercising and juding when our body needs to rest. Gentle walking is always good for recovery though, so maybe your shopping trip will be just the thing.

I've been MIA, just busy. Last week I applied for a management job I'm not sure I want, but I applied anyway.

And....tomorrow I'm going to the Raptors/GSW NBA Finals Game 5! For anyone not following basketball this is the championship series. I've been watching on tv and I just very spontaneously decided to buy a ticket for tomorrow even though it was insanely expensive. So- I will not be going to the Grand Canyon this year lol.

I'm super excited, but also nervous because there will be a bazillion people downtown, the whole city is in on it. There were actually people last night lining up already to get into the free outdoor fan area. And the game is Monday so they will be in line for like 2 days. If you want to see some scenes from the other games just Google Toronto Jurassic Park.

So I'm excited but hoping I don't get walked on by eleventy thousand people, and hoping it is just a peaceful, happy event.

The job and the game has me a bit strung out so I haven't been sleeping well, and also haven't been exercising much, as I said before. Hoping to get back to routine next week.

Food- eh, this week is not going to be very good, but I'm doing my best. Was out yesterday at a baseball game and had lunch out, plus a beer, couple of drinks tomorrow, then Friday night going out with friends. So I'm tracking but I'm not getting too fussed with it.

Take care all
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Hello all, I haven't posted in quite a while & rarely as well, though I do read the posts & would like to post. I really need to be part of a group. I shared before that I gained 10 lbs after I quit smoking & it's been very hard not to snack after dinner also haven't been exercising like I used to but I've been working on my thinking for a while about it & felt ready to get back to it. It would help me a lot if I can share at the end of the day if I stayed within my calories-I have no one around me to share with who can relate or cares(not in a bad way, it's just not as important to them as it is to me) I did good yesterday finally & so far it's good today. Am going to the gym soon. Summer has started last week so it's 100+ degrees. Fortunately there's a really nice year round pool at the gym I go to which is 3 blocks away so I have no excuse not to go. My whole life changed last summer & a couple times this year too & am finally settling down & getting into a routine, I know...change is slow for me to adapt to. It took me 1 1/2 years to lose 50lbs & I maintained for over a year then life happened & it's very upsetting to have gained this weight & I never want to gain it all back so I must be disciplined & work on it & never go back.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    GM everyone

I am back and I have skimmed through the messages, so I am kinda up to date. We went into the country and there were 100Km winds with a horrible chill factor. The rain just pounded down. The wind rocked the caravan (RV) badly. I could not get warm, no matter how many layers I wore. We were away as DH had one of our puppies in a competition. Unfortunately, his club was running the competition, so I was the person who fed and watered the judges every 2hours and the people at the let outgate (the let out gate is where the sheep go in and out). DH has come home with body chills and a high temp and I am not feeling particularly well either.

@theslightedgeforever _ How is @cbabie? Did she end up with surgery? Have you got to your daughter's new abode yet or are you still travelling?

@trooworld - sauce looks good, I had to google where I could find the Braggs Aminos as it is not in the supermarket. It seems it is a health shop item over here. I was wondering if I used soy sauce instead.

@TeresaW1020 - No coffee machine ??? I would personally be devastated. DH would say boil the kettle and use instant :)

@its_cleo - Hope your team wins after buying a ticket and missing out on the grand canyon.

@evamutt - Welcome back, hope you post more regularly and we do understand/support each other on our journeys

Take care everyone
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @theslightedgeforever ...Rochester is a very vice city..my sister lived there for about 15 or so years, so I have visited it quite a few times. My Mom was also there in assisted living for a few years & my sister-in-law had open heart surgery at Mayo in Feb.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @teresaw1020 I'm talking about finding walking trails because of all the junk in between meals I"m currently eating and then all the restaurants. I'll be glad to get to my son's house so I can at least eat at home. I found a walking trail but didn't go. I think my body hit the wall today. Exhaustion. So I've planned it for tomorrow. Plus I'm not sleeping well with dh in a tiny bed. I also found a little lake that has paddle boats or I can rent a bike. That's on the schedule for Tuesday. But it's cold here, well for me. Dd says it's called getting older. It was 55 today. I like it to be around 75-80s.

@trooworld I have an aversion to celery. A childhood thing. When you eat it there's a little squirt of celery juice in your mouth. Blech! lol I like it cooked though added to beef or chicken. Yeah, I don't think I could live without my food processor. I'm too lazy to chop everything up. I hope your doggy gets better soon.

@its_cleo The basketball game sounds fun. Sometimes things are worth it. I'm one of those people who would stand in line for hours to see something. I checked out the pics. Looks crazy but I bet the energy there is amazing. So get this week behind you and move on to better choices.

@evamutt Welcome back to the group. Sometimes we are just at the contemplating stage and then we are ready to move on to the execution stage. I think you're there. I seem to go back and forth between the two. But I'm getting better at the execution part more consistently. I'm trying to follow my own food rules. Exercise is a bit harder for me now than it used to be. I need to figure out why. Change is slow for me too. I'm right there with you.

@trishastime Cbabie is hanging in there. She's talked to the ortho surgeon but they haven't done surgery yet as far as I know. We're in a hotel right now. We're going to look at apartments tomorrow. She doesn't start work til end of August. I love this town. It's like where the kids went to college but slightly bigger. Traffic is so much slower here.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @RetiredAndLovingIt I do love Rochester. While I love living near a big city for the opportunity to do things, I really love a city this size. Things feel comfortable here. Thanks for sharing your experiences about the city.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,868 Member
    @its_cleo Thanks, he's 8 yrs old, a pug, but he's a rescue most likely from a backyard breeder situation so probably has a lot of health issues (he's always going to the vet). I'm particularly concerned it might be his kidneys or liver. Congrats on applying for the management job, good luck! I hope you have fun at the basketball game, that sounds fun.

@Evamutt Welcome back. Yeah, it does help to check in, I think.

@TrishasTime That does not sound like an enjoyable vacation lol...I hope it was better than it sounds! re: Braggs Aminos vs. soy sauce, you might be able to, I think it's worth a shot.

@theslightedgeforever That's good you found a walking trail and are planning for tomorrow. re: the celery squirt lol that's hilarious...I've never noticed that and now I'm going to be looking for it. ;) I hope my doggy gets better soon, too.

Hello all. Well, we got two out of three things put together. We didn't put the entertainment center together because two of the main pieces arrived BROKEN. Gee, maybe because it's a cheap piece of $#@&!? I did resist saying, "I told you so!" to my husband but I do hope he learned a lesson in ordering cheapo stuff. I should hear more about what is going on with my pup today. He was a little better by the end of the day in that he ate a few bites of food, but he was still not himself. I'm extremely worried.

EMPOWERED.
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

@theslightedgeforever - it is a warm 56F today (well compared to last week - it is WARM). I imagine eating out gets a bit tiring after a while (as well as expensive). it is good to know when your body has hit a wall and you do not push it. I hope you are feeling better tomorrow

@trooworld - Fingers crossed for your puppy. What are you going to do about the entertainment unit - get a different one? Can you send the one you bought back for a refund?

Speaking of "Old" - my ankle still gives me the whoops - still taking over the counter pain killers so I can tolerate the throbbing. The everything takes longer because you are older sucks!!

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld along with a celery squirt, I have a tomato squirt problem. I'll those cooked too. Just not raw. Yaaay on getting your stuff put together, but sorry about the entertainment center. Have you been tracking your food? I need to get back to that.

@TrishasTime I did feel a bit better today and did some outdoor exercise. Ouch on the ankle.

I went to a lake today and my dd and I did 30 min on paddle boats. That was so hard. My legs were screaming. My legs are too short. When I scrunched down a bit, it became easier. Then we took a 50 min walk around the lake on one of the trails. So I got in some good exercise finally.

Tomorrow I'm headed to IA to see my son.
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime They think he has diabetes, they are going to do a urine analysis tomorrow to confirm. That means insulin shots every day, maybe twice daily. :( But at least he will live. re: the entertainment center...they will send us replacement parts for the broken parts (hopefully those won't be broken as well!). It would be a pain to send the whole thing back but we could. We probably won't go through that hassle, we'll just keep this one and get the replacement parts. I'm sorry your ankle still hurts. :(

@theslightedgeforever ahhhh the tomato squirt! LOL You are very funny, I think. ;) It's funny that you asked about tracking: yesterday was the first day I tracked in a long time. I would have tracked a couple of days ago but when I tried, the website was having problems and it was frustrating so I gave up. Now, it is fixed. Paddle boats sound fun but I'm sure it was a lot of exercise and not so fun. That's good you can see your son while you are over that way.

Hello all. It's warming up over here on the west coast. It feels good to finally feel the sun. I did track my food yesterday for the first time in a long time and I went over my macros. I was also up on the scale...is that a coincidence? I don't know. Today, I'm going to lunch with a friend at a Thai restaurant. Since I don't go out to eat very often, I am inclined to get whatever I want, but I'll make the decision when I'm there.

EMPOWERED.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,300 Member
    good morning, thank you for the welcome. I did real good at a low deficit for 2 days then last night I ate at maintenance. Today I'm ready for the deficit. I went swimming last night at the gym & was SO craving something cold, I made a smoothie. It was so good. Something I can't understand is, when I was at 148, my maintenance calories were 1777, which I did for over a year, now that I'm heavier, I gain with that. mfp wants me at 1210 for 1 lb/wk & 1500 for 1/2 lb/wk. Before, I kept losing at 1500
    Summer has started 100+ temps, ugh. I'm on the west coast
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    @theslightedgeforever ...where does your son live in IA? Just asking..that's where I live, lol.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @its_cleo, dang girl you must really love basketball to give up a trip to the Grand Canyon! I hope they won? :D What about the job? Is it a place you already work? I've applied and gotten management jobs in the past so I know what you mean about not sure if you want it. sometimes the money isn't worth the headaches. Good luck! <3

@Evamutt, welcome! How long has it been since you were in maintenance? MFP will take your age into account. Also, you would get more calories for maintenance than for weight loss. I know that it can all be very frustrating. :/

@trooworld, how was the Thai food? What did you get? :D We are warming up here too. What I’ve found since doing IF is that I’m always cold, so I actually like going outside. Today, I just went and stood in the sun for about 5 minutes. Bummer about the entertainment center. Are you going to be able to return it?

@theslightedgeforever, I hope you have a great time with your son! Did your daughter find the perfect apartment? Did I miss you saying that? :blush:

@TrishasTime, bummer about your ankle! Is it hurting more now that your weather is getting cooler? <3

I spent a great deal of time the last two days watching videos from The Sugar Summit that I found on one of my Facebook groups. Very interesting people and have me really thinking about how much junk I’ve put into my body over the years and praising God that I’m not sick with diabetes or some other health issue. I don’t want to be either and that is why getting healthy and losing this weight is so important! So, I’ve spent a good part of my day meal planning and along with my IF I will start low carb. I’m not going full Keto unless I have to. I plan to keep at it for at least two or three months and see what happens. I figure it can’t hurt and I just might drop a pound or two. :D I’ve changed my WW meeting to Wednesday so fingers are crossed that the scale will be nice to me.
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone

@Teresaw1020 - Would you mind sharing the link for the sugar summit? I think it would be an interesting watch. How did the coffee machine purchase go? It does indeed seem to be hurting more now the weather is cooler.

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Where is IA - I am in Aus.

@evamutt - I hate the difference between maintenance and losing calories too.

@trooworld - Diabetes :( Are you the one going to give the shots? I am glad that they will send the replacement parts.

@theslightedgeforver - paddle boat - geez that brought up memories :) Travel safely when heading off to your son.

it is bitterly cold here. DH came down with man flu (no it is really a bad dose of flu), despite been given the annual flu shot. I am just grateful that he had the flu shot or it could be much worse. The A/V has been running 24/7 here. Once he gets cold - the hacking cough starts

Off to work I go
  • theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 A decision hasn't been made on the apt yet. We saw 3 more today. Now she just has to make a decision. She won't move in til Aug and just live with her brother. I'm just glad not to have to look at apts anymore. Some of them were really nice. Heck, I'd like to live there. I liked all the fitness rooms they had. One had a separate room with a TV on it and a Fitness on demand system where you can just put on any workout program you want. Then there was a yoga pilates room. Now having said all this, I have a home gym. I wonder why they interested me more than my own. lol

@trishasTime I tell you that paddleboat was hard. I'm glad I didn't rent it for an hour. It seemed to be easier when I was a kid but maybe I didn't do anything and just let my sister or father do all the work. I'll have to ask her. Man flu. SIGH.
  • theslightedgeforever
    @Evamutt, on the calories, were you very active back then? Maybe you had a really high metabolism. I used to be able to lose about 1521 last year but now since I've lost a bit of weight I'm down to about 1350. Just track everything and see what your numbers are and go from there and experiment with it. One thing too is I was a lot more active than I am now. So I'm trying to get back to that.

@RetiredAndLovingIt He lives close to Des Moines in Johnston. All my kids went to UNI in Cedar Falls.

Tomorrow I will unpack the scale and figure out how much I've gained on my little excursion to MN. I hate not being able to weigh everyday. I did nothing but sit in a truck for 3 days. plus eating out at restaurants for at least 7 days. My plan is to go to the store and buy some healthy food so I can start eating here at the apt for the next two weeks.
  • TeresaW1020
    @Teresaw1020 - Would you mind sharing the link for the sugar summit? I think it would be an interesting watch. How did the coffee machine purchase go? It does indeed seem to be hurting more now the weather is cooler.
    Here is the link. Today is day 3. You can register and listen to each day for free or you can buy all the videos if you want. It's been VERY interesting!! :)

http://kicksugarsummit.com/?afmc=5l&fbclid=IwAR12TelyJJxwTzBHgZduoRxry4Bp8tpT1voa-lpqVBdGd9j6CTIuW3dvyiM

I'll write more later!
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 The Thai food was really good and I had a great time. I got pad thai with mock duck. :) I don't want to go through the hassle of returning the entertainment center, so we are having the company send us replacement parts for the 2 parts that are damaged. Hopefully, those two parts don't arrive damaged as well! lol I've also done a lot of damage to my body over the years and it's a straight-up miracle that I don't have diabetes or some other serious health issue. Thanks for sharing the videos, I'll try to watch them later. I wish you (((( SKINNY VIBES )))) for weigh in today!

@TrishasTime We haven't decided who will give the shots, but I will if I have to be the one. Yes, I'm glad too, that they will send replacement parts. And now they are saying that they want to refund us $40 for our trouble. I don't know if that is in addition to sending the parts? I guess so? I asked them. I hope your husband feels better soon and you don't catch it.

@theslightedgeforever It sounds like your DD has a good selection to choose from.

Hi all. Thai food was good but I didn't dare get on the scale this morning as I know it would have skyrocketed as a result. We didn't do meal prep this week, I was too busy unpacking and my husband wasn't home, so we are struggling to cook after we get home from work. Last night, we ate emergency dinners that were in the freezer that were terrible. We don't have any more of that kind of thing, so some cooking must be done. DH is going to cook this morning before we take the dog to the vet (I think).

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    @trishasTime, ohhh dear! I hope you don't get the flu too! Don't touch him!! :D:p

@theslightedgeforever, is your home gym designed or decorated in a way that makes you want to go in there? Maybe you liked the looks of the apartment gym for their design. Do you need to spruce it up? I love my home gym, which also doubles as my reading room and ironing room. But it's super pretty! :)

@trooworld, glad you enjoy the Thai and yeah, it probably was a good idea not to weigh! Thanks for the skinny vibes. I think they worked!!! <3

I went to my new WW meeting and lost 2.4 lbs this week. Wahhooo!! That is the most I've lost in forever and it felt good. B) Maybe this no sugar and low carb thing is working for me! I really liked my WW leader. She is very engaging and good at getting the group to talk. Plus, going that early makes Trader Joes and Walmart delightful to shop in! :)
  • TrishasTime
    GM everyone
    @TeresaW1020 - Thankyou for the link and "High five" on the loss. I am glad you found something that works for you

@theslightedgeforever - I am glad you can get back on track. Your DS must have a large apartment for all of you to be there. Good luck on the scales

@trooworld - I do hope that they give you some money back as well as the parts. That would be excellent customer service on their behalf. I hope you get the meal planning done

I bought myself some fingerless gloves and a snood yesterday as work is just so cold. We are not allowed to bring in heaters as it mucks up the central heating, but boy is there a difference in warmth between the floors

Take care