I need some help.

So basically, I’ve been doing quite a lot of working out in the gym the past 3/4 months and I go with my friend. The first 3 months, I was doing just cardio which insisted of 3-4 days a week for about an hour to an hour and a half of cardio training each week. Now this did make me fitter but I just found it boring so I moved on to weight training. I do weight training for 4 days a week now and train shoulders, chest/triceps, back/biceps and legs. Now 4 months ago I was about 28 percent body fat and I am now down to 18. I really want to start seeing abs because my friend used to be quite chubby and now he has abs and I’m still like, not as fat as I used to be but I’m still not in amazing shape.

Getting to the point, I don’t think my current workout will get me seeing abs. I need a weight lifting workout that will help me strip body fat really fast but I just don’t know what because I’m a beginner and I don’t know a lot. Any help would be appreciated and thanks!

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Body fat loss comes from a caloric deficit overall, not from a specific workout plan.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Abs will come down to having a low enough bodyfat to see them but also adequate muscle base as well. Keep eating in a deficit... keep lifting and get adequate protein to maintain muscle. Here is a list of lifting programs to get you started

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    Abs don't usually reveal themselves in men until around the 10% body fat mark. So you still have some body fat to lose before they reveal. But there is no way to "get them quick". You need to lose at a slow, reasonable deficit or else your body will burn muscle for fuel, which means you won't have well defined abs no matter how low you go.
  • JoeyFitness1718
    JoeyFitness1718 Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks everyone