The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    srbeaty wrote: »
    Hey guys!!! 46 here...love seeing more of the 40+ crowd into fitness!!!
    I was in the world of triathlon and Ironman from 2001-2012, but didn't start lifting until I was 42...best thing I've done for my body yet!!!
    You look incredible!😊
    What an inspiration you are. Sending a friend request!😁

• Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend! This humidity makes me want to stay indoors.🤬 Sucked it up and got my run in anyways!
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Right?! Had one in my shoulder 4 weeks ago...it felt numb for about 5 hours, but pain returned next day while trying to lift...off to get MRI next

What's up with your shoulder? My MRI showed all sorts of fun stuff.

I injured it over a year ago, I’ve been to therapy, tried deep tissue massage, electro shock treatments, And cortisol... now seeing orthopedic surgeon who just ordered the mri , he said it will show much more than the xrays , so we’ll see...

Have you had an MRI before? Don't let people freak you out it's not scary i found it quite relaxing although I was forced to lay with a meet edge behind my back which made that hurt haha

Hope you ok. We can be shoulder surgery buddies hahah.

I am pleased to announce the shot has calmed down and i can move more freely hooray
  • AliNouveau
    Right?! Had one in my shoulder 4 weeks ago...it felt numb for about 5 hours, but pain returned next day while trying to lift...off to get MRI next

I injured it over a year ago, I’ve been to therapy, tried deep tissue massage, electro shock treatments, And cortisol... now seeing orthopedic surgeon who just ordered the mri , he said it will show much more than the xrays , so we’ll see...

Have you had an MRI before? Don't let people freak you out it's not scary i found it quite relaxing although I was forced to lay with a meet edge behind my back which made that hurt haha

Hope you ok. We can be shoulder surgery buddies hahah.

I am pleased to announce the shot has calmed down and i can move more freely hooray
    I’m glad it helped and you’re moving freely

I had a MRI once before ...years ago...in a tunnel listening to nothing but banging for what seemed like a lifetime, lol...I guess they’re all open MRIs now...with music! ( so long as it’s not opera ...then I’ll gladly take the old style one back

Absolutely, I’ll be your shoulder surgery buddy! ...if it comes to that..which hopefully it won’t 🤞🏼

I didn't get music. Just the technician telling me how long each segment would be and telling me to not breathe too much since it would create movement. She thought I had fallen asleep haha

Once I see the surgeon I'll learn if Inger surgery or not but theres so much wrong in my shoulder it looks like that will be my only option
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited June 2019
    Slappy74 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend! This humidity makes me want to stay indoors.🤬 Sucked it up and got my run in anyways!

Well done 👍 on getting it done.
    AliNouvau wrote: »

I hope they find an easy fix Mike 🙂

Good morning Middle -agers..
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    I’m pushing 46 in 8 days. Took a couple years off from training but am finally back at it. Feel free to add me
  • AliNouveau
    srbeaty wrote: »
    Hey guys!!! 46 here...love seeing more of the 40+ crowd into fitness!!!
    I was in the world of triathlon and Ironman from 2001-2012, but didn't start lifting until I was 42...best thing I've done for my body yet!!!

I'm 46 in exactly a week!!!!
    We're all doing awesome for oldies hahah
  • Goal155at50
    Goal155at50 Posts: 6 Member
    Rejoined MFP after a lot of time off (and weight on). 14 days strong and am fully motivated. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Cheers from Virginia. Feel free to friemd me.
  • SugaSugaNooo
    SugaSugaNooo Posts: 106 Member
    Ah here you are, dropped down to the 6th page, you must all be living on a different continent than me :D

Hope you all had a good weekend, mine was fairly uneventful really. The usual taxiing around with children and doing chores. Back in work now. I signed up for some UFC Open Day thing later in my lunch break, doing three 20 minute sessions of different types of fighting. Eeeek!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Good morning my friends! Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Good morning everyone 😊
    Happy Monday! If there is such a thing.....lol.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Sup geezers & happy Monday.

Anyone else have SI joint issues? Such a pain in the ***. leaning over my desk to plug in a new monitor and - klunk - now I'm hobbled & waiting for the chiropractor to call me back. SIGH.

I'm in the best shape of my life, yet every now and then my body decides to remind me that I'm 50!!!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers.. I'm on to Tuesday shortly but Monday wasnt too bad, so enjoy it 😁
  • 927caryo
    927caryo Posts: 121 Member
    55 year old almost empty nester - (22 year old daughter just graduated and is home for a bit). I have let myself go and am probably in the worst shape of my life. I have set multiple goals for myself and would love support and can provide support as well.

Enjoy yoga, being outdoors (though I don't do it enough!), cooking though I don't do THAT enough either (see goals for both), music. I have an apple watch and would like to start tracking with it - just starting out with that. I have an elliptical which I'm pretty sure I hate. I'm moving in a yoga direction. Good luck in your health journey!

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had a silly weekend:
    Friday - yoga (1 hour), indoor rower (sprints), then lifting (bench +deadlift). All of these went well.
    Saturday - indoor rower (8k), then walk (5 miles), then lifting (squat + OHP). Rowing was good, lifting not so much.
    Sunday - indoor rower, then walk (8 miles), then bouldering. Rowing was bad, other two were OK.

All is good.
  • AliNouveau
    Happy Monday to all the middle agers out there!

It's a rainy day here but I just saw on the new people are lined up to get into Jurassic Park to watch the game since last night. It's down closer to the lake too so it will be chilly there. I sent hubs off to work in his Raptors Jersey with a cookie commemorating his favourite player who is also on his jersey . Gonna be a late one tonight so I better tidy. LEt's hope the shoulder holds up cause it wasn't last night
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Sup geezers & happy Monday.

Anyone else have SI joint issues? Such a pain in the ***. leaning over my desk to plug in a new monitor and - klunk - now I'm hobbled & waiting for the chiropractor to call me back. SIGH.

I'm in the best shape of my life, yet every now and then my body decides to remind me that I'm 50!!!

Oh yeah and it sucks royally when it happens! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!
  • kibrakoons52
    kibrakoons52 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I'm a 52 yr old newbie here. I'd love to join.
  • kellydee19
    kellydee19 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm 40. Please add me
    I'm looking for friends on this app