Eggs!

lemmonie21
lemmonie21 Posts: 11 Member
Please hit me with your favourite low calorie egg based meals x

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    i'm pretty boring. my lunch is two boiled eggs with fancy spices for taste (and ta the moment siracha), veggies, two laughing cow wedges and a home made protein bar :)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I like them really simple, in this order:
    Hard boiled
    Poached on light English muffin
    Scrambled
  • anonuser369
    anonuser369 Posts: 76 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

Recipe please. Is that PB on the bread?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2019
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

If you're near a Trader Joe's, their frozen shakshuka starter is good, quick, and low calorie.

In my opinion, peanut butter would be a weird thing to have with what is essentially tomato and egg stew. My guess is it's hummus in the picture.
  • nae5001
    nae5001 Posts: 3 Member
    1 cup of ratatouille over a scrambled egg, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. ~200 calories and very filling.
    I make a huge batch and freeze in individual portions (FoodSaver).
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    apullum wrote: »
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

If you're near a Trader Joe's, their frozen shakshuka starter is good, quick, and low calorie.

In my opinion, peanut butter would be a weird thing to have with what is essentially tomato and egg stew. My guess is it's hummus in the picture.

Lots of good recipes for chicken & groundout (peanut) stew out there, so I don't see it as especially weird from a flavor context (assuming it's not one of those sickly sweet peanut butters aimed at kids). But I would guess that's tahini (which makes a good sandwich with banana).
  • anonuser369
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

Thanks!

And of course it would be hummus - wonder why my mind jumped to peanut butter? :D
  • anonuser369
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

Peanut butter would be a horrible thing to eat with shakshuka lol.

That's why I asked :D
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Shakshuka.
    9z0smybg4djj.jpg

Will you just come and make that for me :D
  • alcu5885
    alcu5885 Posts: 2 Member
    Scrambled eggs with onion, bell pepper, jalopenos, tomatoes/ salsa, and a little cheese.
  • Zhatan
    Zhatan Posts: 45 Member
    Nothing fancy. I just do scrambled eggs with onions, tomatoes + salt & pepper and then some vegetables on the side.
  • trich97
    trich97 Posts: 7 Member
    I make an omelet with eggs and cauliflower or green beans. Sprinkle on a little garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and grated Parmesan cheese. Eat with a little crushed tomatoes on the side.
  • MADgical72
    MADgical72 Posts: 81 Member
    Crustless spinach quiche

I sometimes steam spinach in microwave and also cook onion & garlic in microwave, eliminating the need for the oil.

Ingredients

A little oil to sautéed the veggies

Pam
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1 onion chopped
    10 ounces spinach fresh (washed) or frozen (thawed and drained)
    5 eggs (OR 2 eggs beaten & 3/4 cup eggbeaters)
    2 cups shredded cheese
    2 tbsp grated Parmesan
    1 tablespoon dried parsley
    pinch nutmeg optional
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    pinch pepper

Instructions
    1. Spray a 10 inch pie plate with Pam. Set aside.
    2. Preheat oven to 350℉.
    3. Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
    4. Add garlic, stir-fry for 1 minute.
    5. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or until softened.
    6. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally until mixture has lost its' moisture.
    7. Meanwhile, combine eggs, cheese, herbs and spices.
    8. Remove spinach mixture from heat and set aside to cool slightly for a few minutes.
    9. Combine cheese and spinach mixture.
    10. Pour mixture in prepared pie plate.
    11. Bake in oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until mixture has set.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    I make crustless quiche a lot. The base I do is 5 eggs, 1 cup of whole milk (or 1/2 cup any milk + 1/2 cup half and half), whisked together with salt and pepper. I put that in a glass pie plate greased with Pam spray. Then I add whatever toppings I feel like that day. My favorites are: Bacon & swiss, and Ham & swiss & broccoli. Sometimes I make a tuna version- for that one I use 4 eggs, the same amount of milk/cream and cheese, and add 1/4 cup of mayo for the base. Then I add one can of drained tuna, a sprinkle of dill, and then I put thin rounds of lemon slices on top. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
  • TreasureDiver1
    TreasureDiver1 Posts: 35 Member
    Crack 3 fresh eggs into a cup and drink em down, Rocky style!
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    My favorite way to have eggs are scrambled eggs with salsa, hard boiled eggs with everything bagel seasoning, or a poached egg over toast.

Not so much low cal, but I make this breakfast bake when I have a lot of people staying at my house and it is very yummy. you cube up a half loaf of Italian bread, toss in a baking dish with cut up breakfast sausage a diced onion and a diced green pepper, mix together 12 eggs 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, pour mixture over the whole baking dish, bake for 45 mins and top with more cheese, bake 15 more mins and serve.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    This morning was eggs over easy with guacamole on toasted multigrain bread with a side of blueberries and raspberries. SO yummy! 😍