Just lost 1 months food entries

Hi
I seem to have been one of the people who've had lots of problems syncing firstly my fitbit, then food entries from the app to my desktop. All app entries posted no problem, but showed nothing on mfp site on a desktop.
I saw on their tech support that some people resolved this by deleting and reinstalling the app. I did thus, but, now I've got no food entries logged on either since 9th May!
Has anyone else had this then it's resolved itself OK later?
All that hard work choosing and logging it all but now nothing to be able to look back on!! Very disappointed.

Replies

• sharonlep
    sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
    I'm absolutely devasted with this. Anyone else had the same problem?
    I'm more worried though about it happening again too. I've had lots of fitbit syncing problels, then teamrh never ever syncing to mfp, now this. What's the point if I'm just going to loose it all again.
    Does this happen often on mfp??
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    It has never happened to me in the 8 years I've been here, there have been a lot of issues with syncing lately. Have you tried contacting Tech Support via the Help menu?
  • sharonlep
    sharonlep Posts: 50 Member
    Yes but I saw that they had lots of problems that they were trying to resolve so I cancelled my original posting to them thinking it would resolve itself eventually. Didn't expect it to fix my syncing problems by loosing 1 months worth of food entries 😭.
    Will put a new submission on bug was hoping I'd get the answer via the community.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    My general advice when it comes to synchronization issues is to do nothing. Linking and un-linking accounts rarely fixes back end issues, increases the load on the servers delaying final resolution, and increases the likelihood of something else going wrong.

I would still contact tech support directly so that they can look into your account. I have been here for several years and in spite of the many synchronization problems I cannot say that MFP has been known for losing logged data!

Agreed. There have been a couple of glitches where I lost data temporarily, but usually within a couple of days it was back. I have literally never fiddled with linking and unlinking anything for 4+ years, everything eventually goes back to normal generally, except for the small things they break and decide not to fix!

OP, I would double check as was mentioned that you don't now have two accounts. Also, have you tried looking at both the app and the website? Often when one side is wonky, the other is working fine. Otherwise, I'd go with the Help desk.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    This is happening to me. MFP won’t sync between my phone and my iPad. The recipe I created today on my phone doesn’t show up on my iPad. Plus on my phone MFP is refusing to complete my diary for today.