Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

day 3 of my fitbit not syncing to MFP

2»

Replies

• comptonelizabethcomptonelizabeth Posts: 1,681Member Member Posts: 1,681Member Member
    I've had similar problems but had assumed it was because I was on holiday in an area where the signal was very poor. Now back home and it's still not synching but I guess it'll be sorted eventually . In the meantime I'm logging my steps on mfp as walking, leisurely pace, though I notice that seems to give me more calories to eat back than fitbit would.
    I've also had, on occasions, problems with food entries on mfp being duplicated dozens of times - eg around 30 entries for oats, making it look as though I've eaten a 3000 calorie breakfast :D
  • glenderspenderglenderspender Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Have not synced since last Sunday. I understand there is a backlog but a week??? Being slightly over my 1200 cal limit each day has the 5 week projection saying I'm gaining weight daily. VERY DISCOURAGING!!!
  • MrsJ1210MrsJ1210 Posts: 134Member Member Posts: 134Member Member
    RBloves8 wrote: »
    Mine still has not synched 😒 it hasn't since the first

After nearly a week I've revoked access on my Fitbit and then reconnected MFP on my Fitbit and now it's finally syncing again, so I can recommence in earnest tomorrow 😁
  • ksharrell48ksharrell48 Posts: 146Member Member Posts: 146Member Member
    Thanks, MrsJ1210, for your post. I decided to do the same as you, with fingers crossed, and for the first time since June 3rd, I'm syncing again:) I noticed it's only synced today's (Sunday) exercise but not previous days, so I just went in and manually added my exercise for those other days. I hope others see syncing progress soon.
  • MatthewHaggardMatthewHaggard Posts: 4Member, Premium Member Posts: 4Member, Premium Member
    I was having pretty much the same problem with a Galaxy S3 Frontier synced through Samsung Health. No steps tracking, negative adjustment putting me in the red instantly, dozens of entries on my journal every time I worked out, etc. Logging out of both, clearing cache on both apps and logging back in fixed this issue.
  • glenderspenderglenderspender Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    MrsJ1210 wrote: »
    RBloves8 wrote: »
    Mine still has not synched 😒 it hasn't since the first

After nearly a week I've revoked access on my Fitbit and then reconnected MFP on my Fitbit and now it's finally syncing again, so I can recommence in earnest tomorrow 😁

Thanks for the info. I did this tonight after reading your post and it worked on todays entries. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. :smiley:
  • bkastelbkastel Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Still not syncing for me. This is very disappointing. It started back on the 3rd and it's the 11th now. If I were to have this delay in my IT Department I would have been fired. MFP should invest in more/faster database servers and infrastructure. It should be able to process billions of transactions overnight without a hitch.
  • yarnscapeyarnscape Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    Hasn’t synced for a week now. Can’t you just clear out the ‘enormous queue/backlog’ and start over? I don’t doubt there are multiple (many!) sync requests from each affected user in that queue. Wiping all the stale requests would surely help?
  • PhirrgusPhirrgus Posts: 1,904Member Member Posts: 1,904Member Member
    Logging into the fitbit site and revoking, then re-adding access worked for me this morning. I had been about 6-7 days without a sync, and since this morning, it's blissfully syncing away.
  • j_marie_tj_marie_t Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    @Phirrgus, did it sync the data from the past week for you? I followed that same advice from Fitbit to revoke and then reconnect. After re-linking, today's data synced, but the data for the past week did not sync.
  • PhirrgusPhirrgus Posts: 1,904Member Member Posts: 1,904Member Member
    j_marie_t wrote: »
    @Phirrgus, did it sync the data from the past week for you? I followed that same advice from Fitbit to revoke and then reconnect. After re-linking, today's data synced, but the data for the past week did not sync.

Hi @j_marie_t - it did not pull the weeks data for me. I'm hoping it might backfill later, but not expecting it.