Food

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Foods I don't like.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    I try to stay away from anything with refined sugars, if possible, except on designated days. I love sugar, and if I don't pay close attention I tend to go overboard. Also, I try to stay away from anything too greasy and/or fried, simply because of the way it makes me feel after eating.

In general, I have what I like in moderation and stay away from anything that makes me feel weighed down or sluggish after eating.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Only the foods I dislike. Everything else in moderation, and portion control. Life is too short to stay away from foods I enjoy, and it isn’t necessary.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Liver.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Broccoli. Because I don't like it.
  • amayk
    amayk Posts: 42 Member
    Grains, all kinds of, I get pain, get bloated and constipated.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    • Reese's chocolate.

What does this mean? No PB cups? Or just not the chocolate part?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Sm3018 wrote: »
    What foods do you completely stay away from?

Mushrooms.

But they aren't food ... they're fungus.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I avoid candy just because I can't stop once I start. Outside of that nothing is off limits. And just to balance it out I LOVE lima beans. I'm weird I know....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I avoid candy just because I can't stop once I start. Outside of that nothing is off limits. And just to balance it out I LOVE lima beans. I'm weird I know....

I love lima beans, too! More for us, @cheryldumais.
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Potato Chips and anything 'granola bar' like, especially the chewy kind... and Oreos... I never just stop at three... only once the package is empty am I sedated.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Cilantro.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »
    • Reese's chocolate.

What does this mean? No PB cups? Or just not the chocolate part?

@WinoGelato

Jeez those PB cups are even worse than just the chocolate. A real achievement to combine two things I like and make something truly revolting.

I like really like PB and I like good chocolate but IMHO Reese's chocolate is truly awful with a greasy mouth feel and tastes like it's gone way past its sell by date.
    (And that's speaking as someone from a country where the mainstream chocolate is pretty poor. :( )
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,881 Member
    walnuts

Yeah, they make my tongue swell.

Kale and quinoa, because yuck. 🤢

More kale for me!

/runs off to make a fruit/veggie/PP smoothie/
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Ice cream because I can’t eat it in moderation.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Sm3018 wrote: »
    What foods do you completely stay away from?

Mushrooms.

But they aren't food ... they're fungus.

I'll save you from them.

....does anyone on this thread have some garlic they need saving from?

(Interestingly, I detested mushrooms up until my mid-20s. I could taste the smallest amount of mushroom in anything I ate, no matter how strongly flavoured it was. Now I like them - but I can't detect them in the same way. So I'm wondering whether I've just lost the ability to taste whateveritwas in them that I didn't like.)
  • DrusiliaDD
    DrusiliaDD Posts: 71 Member
    Bananas and celery, because I hate them
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I try to avoid processed good and added sugar. Not 100% successful, but doing a whole lot better

• Kbtm6419
    Kbtm6419 Posts: 22 Member
    Fried foods because it makes me feel sick on the stomach and hamburger for the same reason. Also pasta and potatoes because it makes me feel weighed down after I eat it. Oh and no sweets candy cakes cookies sodas because I really need the weight to come off and I can’t control my self so I just stay away.