What can I do for my arms?

nancykhayes
nancykhayes Posts: 20 Member
edited June 2019 in Motivation and Support
vdng9pycbkyl.jpg
What can I do for my arms? I have lost 100 pounds and still have more to lose but I still have to buy larger sizes for my arms. It's embarrassing. I am 59 years old. Any thoughts?

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    I have lost 30 and my arms are saggy, I do weights but actually I think it is an age thing, we lose elasticity as we get older.
  • nancykhayes
    nancykhayes Posts: 20 Member
    That's what I am afraid will be the problem. Thanks for your input!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2019
    It can take up to two years for skin to tighten up after weight loss. It may never be perfect, but it may get better. Keep the area moisturized to help out.

Amazing work on your weight loss, BTW!
  • mango90
    mango90 Posts: 112 Member
    Like has been said, time will tighten them up some. Lotion, collagen powder, and tricep exercises will help. In the meantime, be proud of the weight you lost! That's an amazing achievement.
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    I can relate. I am 45 years old and I loss over 100 lbs in 2017 in 8 months time. I have maintained that loss since. I have the 'bat wings' as many reference them on here. I do think they've improved some over time. I work with a trainer at my gym and building muscle in the arms helps it not be quiet so thin and saggy... but there is still some there that I am sure will always be the case.
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    So I'm not sure how popular this would be but my friend lost a lot of weight but for some reason her arms were a real problem spot for her. She had surgery done to remove the extra skin and now you can't even tell. It was a short recovery for her.
  • eb8566
    eb8566 Posts: 249 Member
    I’m still losing but my arms are a little wrinkly and saggy. It seems like it is getting a bit better. I am doing arm exercises such as tricep dips and I swim. I take collagen each day. I was also told to use Nectifirm and Glypro mixed twice a day. Probably a huge waste of money but I’m continuing because something seems to be working right now. I will get to maintenance and then give it a year. If at that time they look bad I will probably have surgery. They have new procedures with minimal scarring now.