Best exercises for cellulite

Now I know you can't get rid of it but I just want my legs to look better so I already do body pump classes but wondering what I can do further to slim my legs and tone them up ?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,122 Member
    Same as above for me, my legs look much better since I started strength training, I always drank a lot of water anyway but if I am dehydrated they do tend to look worse. I also find they look better when they have a bit of colour on them too.

• jdartford99
    jdartford99 Posts: 2 Member
    Awh thank you so much I've lost nearly 3 stone still have another 1 and a half to go of baby weight but I'm just so conscious of my legs I'd really like to wear shorts on holiday so trying to make myself a bit more confident.
  • peachymcpeachface
    peachymcpeachface Posts: 3 Member
    WOW that's incredible! Literally amazing you should be so proud of yourself!! Have you heard of the Nike Training Club app? It's free and you can choose the type of workout you want and time, why don't you try 20 minute fasted workouts in the morning 3 times a week? (before you eat anything) They have a huge range of guided workouts on there, You can choose option 'no equipment' for home workouts and it won't take too much time out of your day. Try this with a combination of a coffee scrub 3x a week and you should see the benefits. But don't forget how far you have come, you need to remind yourself, and see how much of an incredible achievement it is to be where you are now. The more you love every part of yourself now the more successful you will be in achieving that 'little bit more' that you may want.
    YOU HAVE LOST NEARLY 3 STONE, that's amazing - AMAZING. Love yourself now! You need to literally stand in front of the mirror, look at where you started, and tell yourself you look amazing. Trust me once you do everything else will become easier :).
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    surgery
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Awh thank you so much I've lost nearly 3 stone still have another 1 and a half to go of baby weight but I'm just so conscious of my legs I'd really like to wear shorts on holiday so trying to make myself a bit more confident.

Aw, honey, wear the shorts! Life's too short to wait for the perfect body to wear what we want :)
  • TheRealSlim_Shelly
    TheRealSlim_Shelly Posts: 66 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Contrary to what many magazines and hyped up ads state, cellulite differs from person to person. NO AMOUNT of weight lifting will get rid of it since muscle lies underneath it. In fact what gaining muscle (which actually takes a lot of work to do) will actually push it out more and if your body fat percentage is higher than normal, accentuate it more. That's NOT to say you shouldn't weight train, just that the claims of reducing cellulite with it are highly exaggerated. Since it's FAT that overloaded in the cell that causes the appearance, then logically reducing your overall body fat percentage will decrease the appearance of cellulite. And that has more to do with your diet than anything else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

This.

Just wanted to offer you some comfort. Even the “skinniest” of girls can have cellulite. And I know girls who are bottom heavy who have zero cellulite on their legs. I have to think genetics plays some part in this (not to say you can’t do something about it of course, just trying to offer some comfort that’s it’s not a reflection of a lack of hard work).

When I started HIIT workouts regularly my body changed rapidly and my cellulite reduced to almost nothing as well. But I also tend to lose weight first from my legs so it may be purely coincidental. Fat loss is your friend in this case, as well as keeping your diet tight.

I find having a little bit of a tan also makes me feel more confident in shorts when it comes to cellulite. I have to be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever noticed another woman’s cellulite unless I was feeling self conscious about my own. Believe me when I say no one is looking or seeing what you’re seeing. I used to know a girl in college who was thin as a rail and one day she wore shorts to class and I couldn’t believe she had cellulite on her thighs— it actually made me feel so good to know I wasn’t alone and it happens to women of ALL sizes and weights. She was drop dead gorgeous, cellulite and all! You have so much to be proud of, wear the shorts mama!
  • saundraxo
    saundraxo Posts: 65 Member
    I noticed mine goes away slowly with total weight loss. Never all of it but some. Ive never attempted to target it. Its not a huge biggie with me. I do have 1 big one on my butt cheek which i hate and makes my butt look weird but I accepted it. I just wanna work on my stomach which again its never 1 focus since we cant spot reduce 😭😭