How do you destress?

124»

Replies

• BeezBeez
    BeezBeez Posts: 41 Member
    Weed.

It's legal where I live, I can just order it on my phone and get it delivered lol. Perfectly healthy de-stressor, and without the calories of alcohol.

Ha! If only it wasn't followed by the inevitable full sized bag of Doritos, or raiding the fridge for everything inside, that might work for me. I had a friend who discovered that eating a head of lettuce was equally as delicious as eating junk food to him after he'd smoked, so maybe that's a good strategy. Regardless, I don't think this one's for me, but I'm glad it's doing the trick for you!
  • OkieGina
    OkieGina Posts: 126 Member
    For me, prayer helps. Sometimes accompanied by deep breathing.

I also try to find something that just completely allows me to zone out. Whether that's awesome music in my headphones while ignoring everyone else at the gym (and either lifting or zoning out on an elliptical) or staying up after everyone else (or at least the kids) have gone to bed and watching a favorite old movie, or X-Files, or a newer movie.

I wish I could angry-clean, but, alas, that's just not me.

I've also had to load up some relaxing (either spa or Hawaiian) music on my phone and get some essential oils. Both have helped me at work.
  • koalathebear
    koalathebear Posts: 236 Member
    I find jigsaw puzzles while listening to an audiobook pretty soothing :)
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Crochet - YouTube & Pinterest for stitches & patterns
    Audiobooks - My library has the latest audiobooks free to download & there’s free ones on youtube
    Online forums 😃
    Online puzzle games
    Colouring books

• Ssssss666666
    Ssssss666666 Posts: 560 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Cycling works really well for me.

Sadly I have not been able to cycle as much as I would like lately.

Otherwise, I cling to my lists and just keep trying to get on top of things.

blu64yw6utef.png

I like this
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Get laid :wink:
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 694 Member
    Audio books/podcasts - ghost stories or crime novels I find particularly absorbing.

Knitting - I am appalling at it, and every so often try to teach myself. It requires such total concentration that everything else drifts away.

Used to bake, but now I find it less handy to have a tin full of goodies ready to go!
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,080 Member
    An invigorating swim followed by a very hot sauna. That blasts my worries away.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    Recently I've been riding my bike around the neighborhood when I get home from work like a 37 year old third grader. It helps put the rough day behind me. Did I mention the Super Mario Brothers shirt and Ducktales socks? Yeah, my neighbors are jealous I'm sure, lol.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    Kiss my dogs. <3