Anyone Women train fasted?

Does anyone train in the morning before eating anything?

Replies

• eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Yes. I wake up at 4am 1 to 3 times a week to workout for 45 - 60 minutes. When I train at night then I have to eat prior to my exercise or else I can only go for about 30 minutes.
  • Fighterforever473
    Fighterforever473 Posts: 9 Member
    Yes. I wake up at 4am 1 to 3 times a week to workout for 45 - 60 minutes. When I train at night then I have to eat prior to my exercise or else I can only go for about 30 minutes.

Ooh that’s cool! Thx
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    When I run no more than an hour or so, I'll never eat before (assuming morning run). I just feel better doing it that way.

When I run in the evenings (which is rare, currently, but used to be more common), I would do it around 7 or so, after not eating since lunch, so similar. I will normally eat something before going to the gym and doing weights, but that's partly just about schedule.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    I do OMAD during the week. I usually walk on my lunch break (18-19hrs fasted) and then 2-3 days per week I go to the gym after work (23-24hrs fasted). It's just how my schedule works out. On the weekends my IF schedule is much looser so sometimes I workout fasted, sometimes not.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Yes because that's the most convenient way and time. I can't workout with anything on my stomach but a few sips of water.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Only on Saturday mornings when I go to the gym at 9am. I don't eat until around 11-12 normally. Eating early makes me sick. I don't do it purposely because I feel lightheaded afterwards.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    I do. I have a hard time working out if I eat before.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    This is so individual, do what works best for you, there is no magic in working out fasted.

I can't workout in the morning because I'm too weak and need to eat first, but I can't eat first thing because it makes me feel sick so I only ever eat around noon. The only time I can really workout is in the evening a few hours after I ate.
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Me too! Got tired of almost “losing” my breakfast and pre-workout on the gym floor.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    I don’t typically have breakfast except black coffee so if it works to workout in the morning with my schedule I do it faster. If I end up working out after work I’ve always eaten first.

I prefer lifting with food in my stomach and running fasted personally
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    I agree that it's down to individual preference and schedule, but I basically always train fasted. I see a boost in strength if I lift fueled, but I prefer the schedule I follow now.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    I have before and felt fine. Other times I end up feeling nauseous.
  • Matilda444
    Matilda444 Posts: 17 Member
    I prefer to train fasted!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I don't know what constitutes fasted. I prefer not to have heavy workouts within 5-6 hrs of eating. Sometimes I walk the dogs post-coffee pre-breakfast.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    I workout first thing in the morning before eating anything. It's very individual though.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    Agree it's individual.

Personally, I can't sustain intensity past about 20 minutes fasted, and I have the cast iron digestive system of a true genetic peasant, so I eat a light breakfast as little as 20 minutes before a fairly intense on-water rowing workout or spin class, and do fine. I can briskly walk a few miles (4mph for an hour or so) fasted without a problem, but if I try to do anything that really gets my heart rate up, I struggle and feel miserable. If I eat first, things are fine.

Experiment, and you'll figure out what works for you. Probably safest to try fasted first, gradually introduce eating before the workout if you want to. Hitting the wall energetically (like I do) is a less profound problem than finding out you're one of the people who has digestive distress if you eat. ;)
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    The only thing I can do fasted is walk. I prefer to have food in me before I work out properly.

But that's just me. Lots of people do fasted workouts and feel fine.

That being said, i'm also one of those people who wake up and go directly to the kitchen to eat and don't talk to me until i've eaten kind of thing.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Nope. I don't even get up the two flights of stairs to my desk at work easily without breakfast, let alone work out. No way I could do that.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Yes! My workouts are always better if I haven't fueled recently. I often run 4-6 miles, sometimes more, early morning on an empty stomach.

I'll also workout after work with only eating a light lunch at 11am.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    I run in the a.m. and don't eat until lunch. I feel much better running with no food in my stomach. I do get a bit hungry mid-morning, but the feeling passes. Now if I'm doing a long run (like over an hour), I will eat some almonds about 30-45 minutes prior.