Coffee creamer

I've noticed that a huge downfall for me is coffee creamer. What type of creamer do you use?

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,566 Member
    Unsweetened cashew milk
  • HeidiMSM
    HeidiMSM Posts: 17 Member
    1 T. of 18% cream in a cup of coffee
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    1% milk
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,950 Member
    I drink it black. But when I didn't, I just used whatever dairy or nondairy milk or cream that was on hand. No sugar. No sweetened "creamer." Drink better coffee.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    KateRepine wrote: »
    I've noticed that a huge downfall for me is coffee creamer. What type of creamer do you use?

I don't.
  • Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    2% milk
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    I only have 2-3 tbsp. a day and I love it soooo much I just make it fit into my calories, I am completely obsessed with hazelnut creamer! Sorry I am not much help! You could try sugar free syrup and skim or 1% milk maybe?
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I agree with @NovemberSkye . I slowly reduced my sweet coffee creamer and switched to just plain cream. I'm trying now to slowly reduce the cream and hope to be able to drink it black soon. It takes time though. Good luck!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    I've never been a big coffee drinker but I have become rather fond of iced coffee. The first time I tried it I was given some with international delight creamer and it was love at first sip. I have been experimenting with making my own without all the sugar and additives. I found that 18% cream with some sugar free syrup and extra sucralose makes a lovely substitute but is about the same number of calories. My next effort will be with 10% cream to see how that works out. I still only use about 1 tablespoonful of creamer in a cup once a day which works out to about 30 calories. As others have said maybe it's just something worth working into your daily calorie allowance?
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,515 Member
    I use heavy cream. Usually 1-2T per 20oz of coffee.
  • Ravenskies7
    Ravenskies7 Posts: 4 Member
    I can so relate. I gave up trying to find an alternative. I now only have 1 cup a day with 2 Tbl sugar free creamer.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    I drink 2oz of Coffeemate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream flavor in 3 cups of coffee every morning.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    One Tablespoon of 1/2 &1/2.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Half and half. About an ounce per cup. Generally drink 4 cups per day. Also enjoy coffee black, but it has to be good coffee...
  • sjbacot
    sjbacot Posts: 4 Member
    I've tried to give up half and half, but it's still a struggle. I add about 80-120 extra calories with half and half, but I am so hooked on the flavor and coffee is so crucial to my day that I have sort of accepted the addition for the time being. My plan is to gradually drink less until I can get used to going without.
  • Chrissy101205
    Chrissy101205 Posts: 2 Member
    I drink coffee mate french vanilla ( prefer international delight) but this what they have at work. In addition, to adding the creamer i also add sugar. After reading some posts, I think I will slowly transition by eliminating the extra sugar and then gradually transitioning a different "creamer".
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Nonfat milk.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    I used to add 1 teaspoon each of half and half and sugar to my coffee. That's only 7 calories for the H&H and 15 calories for the sugar.

Now I add protein powder, chia seeds, and coconut shreds and call it breakfast.