Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Not eating enough warning

BombTheFridgeBombTheFridge Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
I'm using this app to lose weight.
Whenever I consume 900 calories, I get a warning that im not eating enough.

Please can you give us the option to "not see this message again", as I get no estimate of expected weight loss because of this warning.

I understand the warning but s it necessary for me to see this warning every single day?

Please allow us to have the option to say we have read it, and can then turn it off.

Thanks

Replies

• RAinWARAinWA Posts: 1,568Member Member Posts: 1,568Member Member
    Or you could not hit the button?
  • Jackie9003Jackie9003 Posts: 656Member, Greeter, Premium Member Posts: 656Member, Greeter, Premium Member
    It's there for a reason, at 900cals you're not eating enough to be healthy.
  • smoofinatorsmoofinator Posts: 635Member, Premium Member Posts: 635Member, Premium Member
    No. Because the minimum number of calories you should be consuming is 1200 net (for women) or 1500 net (for men). Net means after you eat back the calories you burned from exercise. Did your doctor put you on an extremely restrictive diet because you're severely obese?
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Posts: 5,098Member, Premium Member Posts: 5,098Member, Premium Member
    Warnings happen for a reason. I like when it reminds me. My journey is losing weight in a healthy way, not as fast as possible.
  • lun4wublun4wub Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    I do a type of fasting and sometimes end up only eating this much on some days. I'd like to not have to see that warning too.
  • chivatedchivated Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    I think completing a day can serve as a reminder for some people to stop eating. It could curb latenight snacking as you already hit that button, so mentally, some people might feel more 'done' with eating.
  • Diatonic12Diatonic12 Posts: 2,591Member Member Posts: 2,591Member Member
    There's all kinds of ways to hack the system but they don't really serve you. You don't have to hit the complete button at the end of day. 900 cal for months on end can result in loose teeth, hairballs the size of SOS pads swirling down the drain and loss of muscle mass. Then there's the loose skin to contend with. The skin only has so much elasticity and when it's gone it's another Christmas miracle if you can get it back. Edge your way down slowly or you'll set yourself up for eating it all back in the blink of an eye. The body is bent on survival.
  • WinoGelatoWinoGelato Posts: 13,279Member Member Posts: 13,279Member Member
    Are you under doctors supervision to be eating a VLCD?

Are you following a fasting approach?

Why are you eating 900 calories?
  • sugaraddict4321sugaraddict4321 Posts: 12,012Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator Posts: 12,012Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium MFP Moderator
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

Please note that MFP promotes healthy, sustainable weight loss. To that end, the system is set to give users a warning when they try to complete the diary with fewer than the recommended calories. If a user is seeing this message every day, he or she may want to seek advice from a qualified health professional in order to ensure the weight loss plan is healthy and sustainable for the long term as opposed to another quick-fix or yo-yo diet.

Some people think you must complete the diary in order to save your entries. This is not the case. Entries are saved automatically. :)

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.