What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• tthickens637
    tthickens637 Posts: 312 Member
    Got my kayak up on top of my van, then down and up again for my first solo kayak trip at a local lake. It was a lovely, peaceful morning—I remember how much fun I love being out early on the water!

So inspiring! I'm going to have to get my guide boat out! Thanks!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I ran week 4 of C25K successfully. It's the one with 3 and 5 minute runs. My breathing was good. And I liked every second of it. B)B)

That's a tough week!! Great job!!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    hlr1987 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the whys, but my eyesight seems to be getting better. Things are not as "blurry" as they used to be and I don't seem to need my glasses as much. Whatever the reason, I'm so glad and count this as a NSV for sure!

There's fat in your eyeball, socket, around the muscles that control your focus. It's a legitimate side effect of weight loss that it changes your eyesight. Make sure you get yours looked at so you don't make your eyes worse by using the wrong prescription long term.

Close enough to being correct in explanation to be definitely be correct in conclusion. Heed the advice and get reexamined if you (anyone reading) ever notice vision changes with weight loss.

That's incredibly interesting... I wore reading glasses when I was younger. Then didn't. Now I do again. I put it down to being over 50... maybe it's down to be (quite a bit) lighter?
  • jaroby
    jaroby Posts: 152 Member
    DWBalboa wrote: »
    My latest NSV:
    I enjoy taking my smoke breaks in the on base gym facility in our building. My SB’s are 15-20 minute workouts with a mix of cardio, calisthenics and/or weights. I’ve only recently started pushing myself again after a surgery, so this was a test for myself. I’d grade myself a B+
    I was rather proud of my 19 minutes SB yesterday afternoon.
    Three rounds/sets each.
    3 minutes on the bag.
    40 hammer curls w/25 pound DB’s
    20 upright rows W/25 pound DB’s
    15 burpees
    The total of 45 burpee’s is what I am most proud of and the fact that the only break I took was moving from one station to the next. The third round on the bag my arms felt like lead and the last few burpee’s on the third set were a B. But I got it done. YAY ME! :D
    An added NSV is that my waistline is down 1.5 inches in the last 3 weeks.

This is awesome!! How inspiring and what a creative use of your valuable time!!
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    jaroby wrote: »
    We had 2 close friend or family weddings last weekend + festivities leading up to said weddings & hosting out of town guests for the grooms side. (My husbands baby sister was married on Sunday!)

1. I wore 2 different dresses and felt great in both of them.
    2. My husband and I fulfilled various “behind the scenes” roles for both weddings and there were a few times I had to get somewhere real quick-like. I jogged at these times, in a dress, and I felt so incredibly lighting my feet + I wasn’t winded!!
    3. I’m down at my parents house with the kids (3, 5& under) and they have a bar + plates. I can outlift my power blocks so lifting heavy today was INCREDIBLE

That's awesome, congrats!
  • tthickens637
    It was 30 minutes ago. I was at the grocery to get 1 thing I needed before tomorrow, as well as the other things on the family's list of needs. I'm the schlep who goes and gets.
    I did not get any of the stuff that I often do by telling myself "I can handle this within my plan."

It's a small accomplishment, and expires the next time I go to the grocery. Still, it's here. It's now. I'm proud.

Great job! BTW, I told myself today when my oh so generous partner offered me a chocolate chip cookie from the bakery that it's 'not my cookie'! Thanks for that one.🤗
  • tthickens637
    My front, sides and backyard gardens and everywhere around the house is completely WEED FREE and looks absolutely gorgeous! Weeding is hard work and N.E.A.T. exercising. It could have been so much easier to weed whack outside and/or put weed killer on the weeds...pulling all the millions (okay, I'm exaggerating about there being a million weeds, let's say 500,000 :p weeds all around the house) BY HAND, is so so old school and makes me feel like a 1st class champion. No longer doing/thinking/being an "all or nothing" type is so freeing. Little by little, step by step, slow and steady will slowly but surely win the race. Making myself do the right thing in every area of my life is totally life changing. Taking the bull by the horns and doing what MUST/NEEDS to be done (AND WITH JOY THAT I DON'T HAVE TO...I GET TO DO THESE THING) in eating, drinking, exercising and THINKING is hard, but so not impossible. Such an NSV...such a "good thing"--BOOM!

Yup, one little NSV at a time!! Nice. 👏👏👏
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Someone referred to me as “the lean woman”.

Who, me?!

That actually made me feel thinner!!!!!!

Someone referred to me as "petite" the other day and it made me feel so good!

You look amazing! Great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!