Tracey's 62 Day OMAD Journey to Hawaii 2019

LadyBlanks
LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
edited June 2019 in Social Groups
I have decided to take the challenge route again to hopefully give me the jolt I need to lose weight in time for my Hawaii vacation in August.

The Challenge: OMAD every day until my Hawaii vacation day August 10, 2019.

I will be starting Basic OMAD ( 1 meal, 1 hour, 1 plate, 1 caloric beverage) tomorrow 10 June. I did one meal today, but it was more than one plate.

My weight is back up as a result of my 2 weeks of vacation and today's big meal. I will start my countdown tomorrow with the morning's weigh in.

At the end of this challenge, I hope to be at least 150 pounds with the ultimate being 145 pounds. I will determine how much of a loss that is and how much of a daily average loss I will need after tomorrow's weigh in

I will not be taking photos of my meal during this challenge as I want this to be an uneventful everyday process. I will just eat one meal following the basic rules and let that be that so that it will cement in my mind that this is just the way I eat and will once again become the norm for me. My 4-hour meal time window will be between 4:00 pm & 8:00 pm.

Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Tracey, I'm with you. That is, I'm going not to Hawaii, but to Europe in mid-July, for a two-week bike riding vacation. That gives me about six weeks to lose eight pounds and get my legs in shape so I don't embarrass myself any more than I usually do when I'm on a bike. Four years ago, I lost 27 pounds on a 20-4 plan and then ultimately OMAD. I kept the weight off pretty easily for two years. But in the last year and a half, I've regained eight pounds. I still do intermittent fasting, but the eating window has gotten longer and the plates.... even if it's only one, they've become awfully full plates, and more often than not, more than one. It's not the worst it could be, but I'm headed down a bad path. So, I herewith pledge to join you in your OMAD challenge to vacation. (PS. Which island? I know Kauai very well.)
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome, I am glad to have the company and accountability. We will be going to Waikoloa which is on the Big Island.
  • LadyBlanks
    Today is the day, The start of my 62 day journey to Hawaii 2019.

Day 1 of 62
    10 June 2019
    Weight: 168.5
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Tracey --love your new thread and your new plan. I think you are going to do fantastic --just be routine. It will happen you know how successful you have been and you will be! I am here to cheer you on!!! B)

We leave for the beach in 38 days and I am going to do the same beach countdown strict OMAD plan. Hoping for about 12-15lbs during that time, let's kick some butt!!! <3
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    That's so awesome!! I think I'll join you starting next week. Also have a beach trip early August (leaving on the 4th) that I would love to be well in to the 150's for b/c lordy am I going to cheat on vacation! lol

WOOT! You got this!!!
  • LadyBlanks
    Awesooooome!!! the vacation squad is growing and I am so thrilled. All of us will reach our goals and will be rocking it on the beach. Look out, here we come!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I don't have any vacas planned *yet* BUT I hope to be down to 140 by then, so I'll join the challenge!
  • LadyBlanks
    Welcome Steph! All are welcome to join vacay or no vacay we are in this thing together.
  • LadyBlanks
    Oops! I forgot I was supposed to be doing the calculations for this challenge

Current Weight: 168.5

Challenge Goal: 150 pounds --> 18.5 pounds to lose --> requires a 0.3 pound average daily loss
    Weight Goal: 145 pounds --> 23.5 pounds to lose --> requires a 0.4 pound average daily loss
    Ultimate Goal: 140 pounds --> 28.5 pounds to lose --> requires a 0.5 pound average daily loss
  • LadyBlanks
    edited June 2019
    11 June 2019
    60 days til Hawaii
    Today's Weight: 166.3

Challenge Goal: 150 pounds --> 16.3 pounds to lose
    Weight Goal: 145 pounds --> 21.3 pounds to lose
    Ultimate Goal: 140 pounds --> 26.3 pounds to lose
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Welcome back❤️ I don't have a vacation come up but I too would like to get down to 53kg (116lbs) by then. So, my I join too?
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great Tracey!!!!! <3
  • LadyBlanks
    12 June 2019
    59 days til Hawaii
    Today's Weight: 165.5

Challenge Goal: 150 pounds --> 15.5 pounds to lose
    Weight Goal: 145 pounds --> 20.5 pounds to lose
    Ultimate Goal: 140 pounds --> 25.5 pounds to lose
  • LadyBlanks
    jadepearl wrote: »
    Welcome back❤️ I don't have a vacation come up but I too would like to get down to 53kg (116lbs) by then. So, my I join too?

Thank you, and yes, you certainly may join!
  • LadyBlanks
    13 June 2019
    58 days til Hawaii
    Today's Weight: 164.5

Challenge Goal: 150 pounds --> 14.5 pounds to lose
    Weight Goal: 145 pounds --> 19.5 pounds to lose
    Ultimate Goal: 140 pounds --> 24.5 pounds to lose
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Great job👍❤️
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Four pounds! Nice job, Tracey.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Consistently DOWN! I love seeing that!
  • volgirl1322
    You rock on girl :)
  • LadyBlanks
    14 June 2019
    57 days til Hawaii
    Today's Weight: 166.7

Challenge Goal: 150 pounds --> 16.7 pounds to lose
    Weight Goal: 145 pounds --> 21.7 pounds to lose
    Ultimate Goal: 140 pounds --> 26.7 pounds to lose

Well yesterday after a long day, I ended up eating a 2nd full meal at around 11:00 pm so this morning's weight is showing the food weight I have not released yet.

Let's do some numbers here and see which of my goals I am on track to meet. I started my challenge on Monday at 168.5 pounds and today, 4 days later, I am at 166.7 pounds. So I am 1.8 pounds down in 4 days so in doing the math, I am averaging a daily loss of 0.45 pounds which is in line with me meeting my weight goal of 145 pounds. I am happy with that, but if I stay strict, I believe I can reach the 140 pound goal. So in reading Lisa's thread, I saw that she will be doing OMAD and Keto starting Sunday and I would like to do the same. Thanks for the inspiration Lisa, I am sure if we stay strong and resist the temptations, we will reach our goals.