Coffee creamer

Replies

• NovemberSkye
    NovemberSkye Posts: 26 Member
    If you liked iced mochas something to try that I like - 1 scoop choc protein powder, 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk and espresso (I also add a pack of splenda). Tastes just like a starbucks version to me. Throw it in a blender and you have a frappacino.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    I'd rather give up something else than creamer in my coffee. At work I use a little 1/2 and 1/2, at home I have a Nespresso and use almond milk in my frother, and I use a natural zero calorie sweetener that's made from kabocha squash.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited June 2019
    If you liked iced mochas something to try that I like - 1 scoop choc protein powder, 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk and espresso (I also add a pack of splenda). Tastes just like a starbucks version to me. Throw it in a blender and you have a frappacino.

I make iced mochas with half & half and Walden Farms Calorie Free chocolate syrup. The syrup isn't something I would use on its own (like over ice cream) but in a mocha it is great.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Far too much sugar free vanilla coffeemate, but it's only 15 calories a serving and I only have one cup a day, so.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    Unsweetened cashew milk

me too - I find cashew milk to be creamer than almond, though I use unsweetened almond milk at work as I can't get teh cashew milk in the individual containers.

I have 1/2 cup cashew milk in a 12 oz coffee on the way to work, and 1/2 cup almond milk in a 12 oz coffee while at work and that's it, so that comes to something like 30 calories total for both cups.

Sometimes I'll put a Tbsp or 2 of creamer in, but that's rare. And splenda to sweeten because I can't stand the taste of plain black coffee!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    None. I add a splash of cold water to make my keurig coffee immediately drinkable and less bitter.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,950 Member
    I use half and half, 2 tablespoons is 40 calories. (I also add 2 tsp of sugar at 30 calories so 70 calories per cup). I rarely have more than 2 cups a day. I like sweet coffee and would rather use 140 calories on my morning coffee than drink it black.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    15 ml heavy cream once per day. That's 50 calories.
    19 g Vanilla Creme whey isolate protein powder once per day. That's 70 calories.

That's altogether 10% of a lady's minimal calorie intake of 1200. Personally, that doesn't seem to be too great a price to pay for delightfulness.
  • merekins
    merekins Posts: 228 Member
    I either make my own with whipping cream or buy a sweetened one like Bliss’s Salted Caramel. I do measure it as it’s easy to overdo but my morning latte makes me happy so I make it work. Same for afternoon cold brew. 🙄🤣
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    I use coffeemate powdered creamer. It's not fantastic but it's lower in cals then liquid creamer
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    During the week I drink my coffee black. On Saturday or Sunday, I throw in a splash of whatever creamer my boyfriend has. Usually it is French vanilla or hazelnut(I would gladly take both), but I believe it is a cookie one now. It's one of the treats I allow myself on one weekend day. Way better than the light and sweet dunkin coffees I used to treat myself to every day, often more than once a day.
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Protein powder. One scoop mixed with some water and then thats my creamer. It's a win win. Not wasting fats in a drink and getting my protein in.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    it all depends on your eating plan. Keto? Adkins..low carb? Use heavy cream or half and half. High in fat..but they don't care. . Counting calories? If you can stand almond milk..it is low in calories 40 to 60 calories a cup.. .. I do skim milk myself.
  • Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    I've just accepted that it eats my calories and adjust accordingly. I love my flavored coffee creamer. I've tried probably 10 other options over the years and none compare to what I like.
  • kosseychick
    kosseychick Posts: 244 Member
    I drink cold brew coffee with 1% milk and a touch of maple syrup. 1 cup a day
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    2 TBSP fair life whole milk - 20 cals, and it's a higher than normal protein milk, so it has more body in coffee than regular whole milk. For flavor, if I want it, I have several "extracts" - one drop of vanilla, or butter pecan, or almond - there's many flavor extracts you can buy, not just vanilla. Happy for the wallet too vs. creamer.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    edited June 2019
    In an ideal world I would add all the sugar and heavy cream to my coffee I want..... * drooling just thinking about it *
    But instead I use the coffeemate original powder (1 to 2 TBS ) and 1 to 2 packets of equal.
  • aRsenicBleu
    aRsenicBleu Posts: 9 Member
    Ive replaced my sugar with stevia and reduced my cup size since still using international delight tho.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Vanilla almond milk creamer or unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • RuthDK
    RuthDK Posts: 6 Member
    Weight loss has to be sustainable and maintainable I have come to accept that it just has to be counted in for my sanity