What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    edited June 2019
    Leg Day 1:

Deadlifts (1 set, 8 reps)

Tri-set: Lying leg curl/leg extensions/seated calf raise (3 sets)

Superset: Walking lunges/Smith Machine calf raises (finished 2 of 3 sets before I ran out of lunch time)

ETA: Mowing my lawn today is going to be so fun.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Goblet squat 2x8,1x10
    Bench press 3x6
    Seated row 3x10
    Tricep pushdown 1x13
    Calf raises 2x12
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tuesday

30min stair workout with PT and her weighted vest

1 mile treadmill run

Zumba

Insanity

Boxercise
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Still sore from the 2 hour workout Sunday so did another recovery day with 5K on the rower followed by 40 minutes on the AirBike. Pretty easy stuff.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    1 mile walk warmup
    Squats 2x12
    DB row 2x12
    Step ups 2x12
    Push ups 2x12
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    35 min elliptical
    30 min Nike Fit Full body dumbbell workout
    Cool down/foam roll
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    20 mile bike ride.

Back in the saddle, trying to buckle down.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    30 minute recovery run.

Body weight leg and lower body stuff.
    -single leg squats, sumo squats, Bulgarian split, goblet

Keeping it fairly light as i recover from the half marathon and start upping mileage for full training.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    6/11/2019 - 7:00 pm at park

Alternating pull-ups and chin-ups - 24 reps in 3:19 - quit planned 100 rep workout because I felt off and besides it was 101F degrees or in Garmin’s words “toasty.”
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,724 Member
    Spin class in the AM, helped with learn-to-row class in PM (rowed a little, carried boats, mostly set up* the double so a new learner could scull (while I yammered at her about technique ;) )).

"Set up" a boat = put your oar blades out flat on the water, like an outrigger, to create stability in the tippy boat so someone can row or do drills with less flip risk.
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    10 miles on the bike. Yep, I'm tired.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2019
    1 hour of calisthenics in the morning, exercises such as: regular pushups, wide grip pushups, diamond pushups, regular squats, sumo squats, single leg squats, high, low, and side planks, dips, sit ups, lunges, reverse lunges, wall sits, etc. and a variety of abdominal exercises.

Throughout the day I walk a good deal up and down hills for about 2 hours or more depending on the day.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yesterday, I did 22,000 steps. I then lifted.

I squatted 80 kgs for 3 sets of 5; over-head military pressed 40 kgs for 1 set of 5; did loads of pull ups and chin ups; then finished with bunch of banded face pulls. The lifting felt pretty easy, so I should be able to put more weight on the bar next time.

My lifts have gone down a lot now I've lost a lot of weight (I'm now 72 kgs, down from 86 kgs). My deadlift, OHP and bench have gone down less than the proportional decrease in body weight, but for some reason my squat decreased by more.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Rowed for an hour in a double and it felt really good. My anxiety is going way down which is obviously really nice. I was also like, "oh so this is what suspension is"*. I did, however, myself for forgetting my socks (it was 75F at 5am...) because the runners of the shell we were in bruised my calves. I'm actually not positive my socks are long enough to have prevent all of it but oh well. Lesson learned. Note, I am that lucky weird person who has palms that won't blister in the process of forming calluses so I'm not used to pain that isn't muscle related when rowing (the same was true when I was a competitive rock climber in my youth - I will only blister if I'm burned or there's an infection).

It was also my first time getting a shell down using stairs so that was - exciting (nothing got hurt). I've helped put shells onto racks that have involved tall stairs plenty of times, but this was, interesting. Also I was talking to someone after I was done rowing and still in the boat house and a sculling oar fell from someone's hand and almost hit my head. It was a total fluke and she's more than experienced so she felt horrible but I brushed it off. I didn't get hurt, it was an accident, and she felt bad enough as it was. Maybe I should have told her that she owes me a coffee during our Saturday post rowing breakfast ;)

*Quoting a document from US Rowing, "Suspension is leveraging body weight onto the oar handle and coming slightly up off of the seat to maximize the power on the oar as it comes through the water and moves the boat forward."
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    A bit of improvised HIIT at home. I was feeling sluggish this morning and fancied something fairly quick.

Ended up using the standing bike with {30s max pace, 1 min recovery, 30s high effort on very high resistance} x3

Followed by 30s exercise 30s rest on press ups, squats, tuck crunches and squat jumps for three rounds.

It wasn’t the longest workout but definitely worked up a sweat!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Wednesday

30min speed work with PT and her resistance band

1mile warm up
    Bench 5/3/1 cycle 1 week 3
    Plus 5x10@25kg normal grip
    And 5x10@20kg close grip

Cardio mix up
    1km treadmill as fast as I could
    2km row
    10 min spin bike 0.5km standing hill sprint, 1km recover

320 calories burnt in 27 min

Piyo- second week of this class and I think I found it ever so slightly easier. It still hurt but was getting my leg higher in whatever the move was that demanded it and I didn't need my position corrected.
  • biggiwig4483
    biggiwig4483 Posts: 90 Member
    30 min running and 30 min kettle bell exercises, like every day.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    Hamstrings and back
  • Sunflowerinbloom
    Sunflowerinbloom Posts: 119 Member
    20 min treadmill, 10 min elepical, 5 min row machine, 10 min bike! Each week I will add more to each of these