ladies 35 and older who lift

Hola!!! I'm a nearly 43-yr old woman who discovered weight lifting only a couple years ago. I started to ensure the maintenance of my bone density and discovered that I love it. Looking to share tips, work outs, successes, lessons learned, etcetera with other mature women. Feel free to add me as a friend. 😁

I'm brand spanking new to MFP. I'll probably start posting my work outs soon (schedule permitting).

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I'm 42 and lift. Add me if you like.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    42 and have been lifting on and off since I was 17.
    My goal is to stop letting excuses (life) get in the way, so that it can STICK. It’s my absolute favorite form of fitness. I’ve been on MFP since 2011, only starting to use it socially now, so feel free to add me!
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    40 and lift feel free to add.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    44yr old lifter for the same reasons as you, to preserve bone density and muscle mass.
  • spraytanninghelens
    spraytanninghelens Posts: 92 Member
    44 yr old lifter. It’s totally changed my shape & I love it! Feel free to add me though I don’t always check messages too often 🙈
  • Skinimalink
    Skinimalink Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 39 and have been lifing for 2.5 weeks now : ) Feel free to add me. I'm working on losing 8 stone but I'd lift for fun anyway, I love it.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    38 and lift. Please feel free to add me :)
  • OooohToast
    OooohToast Posts: 257 Member
    46 and want to get back into lifting - please feel free to add :)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    37 year old lifter!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm 47 and have been lifting for almost 3 years now (actually cant believe it's been that long).
    I go through phases in my training where I concentrate on the lifting and others where I concentrate on running. Atm I've done my biggest races this year and although race season is definitely still in full swing until November as I'm doing nothing over a half I'm working harder at my lifting and trying to up my max lifts as a complement to my running and other stuff
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    44 and started weight lifting a couple years ago. Love it. You can add me
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    If you're interested in a experienced 40+ male lifter there a few of us as well.

Regardless enjoy your lifting and good luck.
  • blondeandfeistyAF13
    blondeandfeistyAF13 Posts: 1,587 Member
    I am 43, and lift. I do throw in some cardio now and again, but mostly lifting.
  • PoesiaSagrada
    PoesiaSagrada Posts: 26 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    If you're interested in a experienced 40+ male lifter there a few of us as well.

Regardless enjoy your lifting and good luck.

Some of my favorite lifters are male 😁
  • PoesiaSagrada
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    I'm 47 and have been lifting for almost 3 years now (actually cant believe it's been that long).
    I go through phases in my training where I concentrate on the lifting and others where I concentrate on running. Atm I've done my biggest races this year and although race season is definitely still in full swing until November as I'm doing nothing over a half I'm working harder at my lifting and trying to up my max lifts as a complement to my running and other stuff

Bravo! I've never been great at running... color me impressed and inspired.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Drat, I'm only 34 :'(
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    I just started again last October after a 20 year break. I love it. I love how strong I am. I love how much better my swims and runs are now! :)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    I’m turning 38 shortly, been lifting for 3.5 years (since my youngest was 8 months old...and he’s turning 4 soon!) Happy to discover lifting—now my older boys make comments about how strong I am, or “no wonder, Mrs XYZ isn’t healthy and strong like you, Mom”/ “why aren’t you helping Mr so-and-so move that couch? You could do it”. Love having something to train to gain, instead of only exercising to lose.
  • PoesiaSagrada
    Drat, I'm only 34 :'(

Oh noooo!!! Be my friend anyway 😁😁😁

Just trying to find a majority range. Not trying to be exclusive. 💗💗💗