What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    I carry a lot of weight in my cheeks, and I'm starting to look a little bit bobblehead-y because everywhere else is shrinking, lol. I'll take it, keeps the wrinkles at bay.

Ugh - wish I had this problem. Overall I do look better 40+ pounds lighter, but my face doesn't have the fullness it used to. It looked good full...not as gaunt. Not that I want to go back but.... *sigh*

Are you still in a deficit? I have heard that the face looks less gaunt after maintaining for a while with glycogen replenishing at maintenance calories.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    smantha32 wrote: »
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    Nobody told me I could be within 40 pounds of goal weight and start sabotaging myself.

https://myfitnesspal.com/blog/IremiaRe

I am completely flummoxed about it, as I have NO idea why my psyche is starting to fight me. Seriously, every pound is a major battle right now... not because I don't know how or what to do - but because I simply am not DOING it, consistently - even though I KNOW what needs to happen for the weight to come off.

:s

I have done this for years so I can relate. I don't know what it will take for you, but I just got sick and tired of doing things half @ssed.. working so hard and then undoing my own efforts, so I just buckled down hard this last year.

lol.. I just realized when I typed Azzed with an @, I linked to someone's old profile.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,342 Member
    Nobody told me I would be grossed out by my veiny feet! I'm exaggerating a bit but I was shocked by all the veins the other day LOL!
    For me it’s my neck.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Nobody told me I would be grossed out by my veiny feet! I'm exaggerating a bit but I was shocked by all the veins the other day LOL!

Forearms and hands.

I wouldn't say I'm grossed out by all that veininess, exactly, but it's certainly... disconcerting!
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hands! I have old lady veiny hands! But...I guess I am an old lady, lol.
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    edited June 2019
    My hands aren't too bad yet, I see the tendons more but no veins yet! I think maybe running is making the veins in my feet pop more too.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    I wonder if I will become more veiny as I lose weight or get older. My feet have always had a decent amount of fat. When I wear strappy shoes I always get little pudges of fat poking out, lol. They don't bother me too much because it's not really noticeable unless you look closely, but I definitely am not veiny at all.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 247 Member
    For me it’s my neck.

My hands and arms. My skin is so thin even the tiny ones pop now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!