I've got cold feet...

bjkoziara
bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
Literally. My feet are freezing!

I've lost 17 pounds so far and was having trouble seeing any difference (when you're as big as I am, 17 pounds really isn't that much) but I've noticed recently how cold my feet are all the time.

I've been taking a few different meds and I thought for a bit that maybe they were causing circulation issues...until I put on a pair of flats that I haven't worn in a while and they were just flopping right off my feet! I walked by a mirrored window later and saw my reflection but had to do a double take because the legs I saw didn't look like mine - they looked way too small.

Now I think I've realized that the 17 pounds is noticeable, it just turns out I've lost more of it from my lower extremities. I'll take it!

Replies

• hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    How are you doing it any tips
  • hafsatoheed2019
    hafsatoheed2019 Posts: 70 Member
    May I know your stats and how long it took you to see the results.
    I’m dying to see my first pounds drop off. It’s not happening
  • bjkoziara
    bjkoziara Posts: 158 Member
    May I know your stats and how long it took you to see the results.
    I’m dying to see my first pounds drop off. It’s not happening

@hafsatoheed2019 sure! I started at 360 pounds and I'm at 342. I've been eating at the recommended deficit for losing 1.5 pounds per week, but I've moreso been paying lots of attention to how foods make me feel after eating them. So far I've noticed that I feel icky when I have a carb heavy meal, so I have been eating more good fats like salmon, nuts, eggs, and avocados. I also have issues with binge eating, so I don't deprive myself of cravings. I just plan them into my day.

I haven't worked in exercise just yet, as I've got back problems and ankle issues that currently prevent me from doing much, but I've been working in things like swimming, taking stairs when I can, and just generally trying to move more.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll see it soon!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    It's so crazy/weird where our bodies lose weight first! I also lost weight from my feet and dropped half a size!
  • Zhatan
    Zhatan Posts: 45 Member
    Get some comfy socks
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    This is a great thread about celebrating all the changes as they come <3
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1275030/whats-your-most-recent-nsv#latest
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!