What is the one thing about you that surprises people?

laprimaJenny
laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
Do you have a hobby, skill or simply just a random fact about yourself that surprises most people when they first find out?

Replies

• leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    I'm a swing dancer but my husband isn't. If the first fact doesn't surprise someone, the second one does. SO MANY people think you have to have all the same hobbies as your life partner.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    That I play MMORPG games and have a very dark sense of humor. I normally look like a friggin' J-crew catalogue (except not freakishly thin).
  • laprimaJenny
    I’m Canadian but I was born in Italy. Yet for some reason many people I’ve met in my lifetime assume I’m Russian. Go figure!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Even though I come off as a extrovert I’m actually an introvert.

Same for me. I'm pretty talkative, hyper, and always the center of things socially with my friends & family - but I'm absolutely an introvert.
  • laprimaJenny
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I can’t pronounce my r’s and s’s. Remnant from sucking my thumb until i was 9

Whether this is true or not, this is why I love you.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Vegetarian because I don't tell them until they notice when I'm eating, ordering food.

• lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m Canadian but I was born in Italy. Yet for some reason many people I’ve met in my lifetime assume I’m Russian. Go figure!

Yep..know the feeling.. was born in Asia ...due to my height.. ppl think either I'm native American Indian or Mexican .. 😖
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    leggup wrote: »
    I'm a swing dancer but my husband isn't. If the first fact doesn't surprise someone, the second one does. SO MANY people think you have to have all the same hobbies as your life partner.

If you use the phrase life partner, do people (silently) ask if you are gay?
  • PAFC84
    Kind of TMI. My husband and I both come across pretty reserved, nerdy, and just companionable in public (zero PDA) so my girlfriends are shocked to learn that we're so active in the bedroom. Nothing "out there" really and no swinging or anything...just daily or more than daily, and that has surprised anyone I've mentioned it to in conversation.

I could tell you were a sex crazed rabbit....it is all in the eyes....
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2019
    I'm not a complete dick.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    im like the only person on the planet allergic to wood. Yes that includes paper. I have an epi pen lol. Also im very blunt and that tends to take people off guard i speak my mind lol
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I'm not a complete dick.

There, there, size doesn’t matter.

I had an image of you stroking me whilst saying that...
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    That I have a softer voice, I just tend to be loud most of the time.