Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

The sugar problem

13»

Replies

• Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Tandyman23 wrote: »
    Make sure to closely monitor sugar intake even if you are watching calorie intake. The effect sugar has on insulin level and fat isnt correlated with the amount of calories you are consuming. I personally try not to exceed 10g of sugar a day if that. Counting calories means absolutely nothing if you are still consuming 30g+ of sugar a day.

Tell that to the 108 lbs I lost.

And the 84 pounds I’ve lost thus far. (25 to go)

46 grams of sugar every morning in the form of one can of rockstar organic energy.

An average over all deficit of 2k cal a day due to exercise let’s you do all sorts of supposedly “bad” things... and still melt fat like an ice cube under a hot faucet.

Great on the weight loss but about spit out my breakfast laughing when I read this, Rockstar "Organic" what the *kitten*?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    Counting calories means absolutely nothing if you are still consuming 30g+ of sugar a day.

What are you proposing will happen?

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    SUGAR BAD! ...
    <=== realizes its melon season in Florida... Nope... sugars good! That said, I do think that added sugar inside a highly palatable item might be problematic for SOME people who might then over consume calories COULD be an issue. I tend to get almost all my sugar from fruits and veggies.
  • stinkyfungus
    stinkyfungus Posts: 11 Member
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    Make sure to closely monitor sugar intake even if you are watching calorie intake. The effect sugar has on insulin level and fat isnt correlated with the amount of calories you are consuming. I personally try not to exceed 10g of sugar a day if that. Counting calories means absolutely nothing if you are still consuming 30g+ of sugar a day.

46 grams of sugar every morning in the form of one can of rockstar organic energy.

An average over all deficit of 2k cal a day due to exercise let’s you do all sorts of supposedly “bad” things... and still melt fat like an ice cube under a hot faucet.

Great on the weight loss but about spit out my breakfast laughing when I read this, Rockstar "Organic" what the *kitten*?

I know right? It is pretty counter intuitive.

IDGAS about the organic label, I drink it because

1. It actually tastes good. Kinda like guava, and is kinda light and crisp on the palette. Not like fruity mystery syrup typical of other drinks.
    2. The sweetener in it is actual cane sugar (not HF corn syrup, not fake sweetners)
    3. the caffeine in it is taken from green coffee beans.
    4. The ingredient list is surprisingly short... and simple. see below.

Ingredients:
    Carbonated water, organic cane sugar, citric acid,organic caffeine from green coffee beans, natural flavors, organic guarnara seed extract.

So yeah... I’m not an organic foods nut or anything. Could care less really - but the product is among the best of a bad lot IMHO.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member

1. It actually tastes good. Kinda like guava, and is kinda light and crisp on the palette. Not like fruity mystery syrup typical of other drinks.
    2. The sweetener in it is actual cane sugar (not HF corn syrup, not fake sweetners)

Ingredients:
    Carbonated water, organic cane sugar, citric acid,organic caffeine from green coffee beans, natural flavors, organic guarnara seed extract.

So yeah... I’m not an organic foods nut or anything. Could care less really - but the product is among the best of a bad lot IMHO.

Yeah dung is organic too...
  • stinkyfungus
    stinkyfungus Posts: 11 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »

Ingredients:

Yeah dung is organic too...

Your point?

Never said the the beverage is “good” because it’s organic.
    Hell, like I said I could care less about the organic label. The whole organic thing is mostly a scam as far as I can see. (Kinda like the low/no carb thing)

I drink it because I LIKE it.
    And considering it does not seem to be costing me anything when it comes to my workout and diet routine... I see no net harm in consuming it provided I use the fuel it provides. Which I do, and I continue to shed fat, my blood work is good, I can ride a bicycle like an animal, and I’m starting to look really good again.

Thereby pretty much rendering the whole preposterous original premise of this post one should consume “no more than10 grams of sugar to be healthy.”

Pretty much moot.