NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    I was more active before, I'm still set at lightly active & only log my actual gym calories but I lost one of my most beloved dogs on Jan 15th, who I did most of my walking with & took me a while to get back to walking & never did get back to it like I used to & now it's summer & too hot to walk much so we go to dog park most often but there are hills & I used to run up/down. I have started back at the gym & classes start June 22 so will join a few of those as well. I'm back to eating "well" that is more veggies to fill me up along with protein.
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hi all, jealous of the warmer weather. It is still unseasonably cool here. I'm in a sweater as I write this! And will probably need my wool blanket tonight. It's supposed to be a cool summer.

I went to the basketball game and enjoyed it even though we lost. Of course some Toronto fans acted badly, it was all over the news so you may have heard. We're worse than Philly fans now apparently! I was ashamed. I like sports but I like good competition and good sportsmanship, so it's hard for me when that is missing. I also get way too emotional about it all- not emotional like being a bad fan, just emotional about players not being treated well, stuff like that. I also get emotional about teams working together and supporting each other, like in a good way. During the playoffs (basketball or baseball- dislike hockey ironically) I love the hype, the commercials, the team videos they make, the anthems, I just love it all. It's so fun. But then there are always some losers that need to act like losers and attack people. Anyway.

Anyway- I am really off track with food, and exercise. Exercise- normally I exercise 7-8 times a week, but the last couple weeks that has been cut in half or less just bc of my schedule. So for a couple days I didn;t even track food which is the first time since January. So I am trying to get back on track with tracking at least.

@trooworld I'm so sorry about your little dog! It must seem really intimidating/upsetting to do the shots, but maybe once you both get used to it, it will be ok. One of my cats is at risk so I know what it's like to have to deal with it. At one point a few months ago we thought she had it and I was devastated, but the vet was wrong (and I dont see that vet anymore lol bc he always assumed the worst case scenario and freaked me out and then was wrong). Anyway it was very upsetting when I thought she had it, so I can relate.

Hi @evamutt . Sometimes I take mfp with a grain of salt. I feel like sometimes they are off a bit...I use it as a base and then see if I actually do go up or down, and then adjust accordingly. They say my maintenance is 1830, but if I ate that and my exercise calories I would gain.

@theslightedgeforever sounds like a nice day outside! I find exercise is nicer outside. I've never done much paddle boating.

@TrishasTime sounds like your time away was tough! Maybe the dampness affected your ankle too. Hope it continues to heal.
  • its_cleo
    @TeresaW1020 yeah I guess I gave up a lot to go to the game lol. But if Toronto had won it would have been history- first NBA championship ever. Of course we lost lol but it was worth a shot.

The management job is at my current work. I have very mixed feelings but it was good to apply and just see if I have a shot.

I think going low carb is good. I did that just b yincreasing my protein intake, without doing keto.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Hi all...I always look for your posts, but don’t usually comment. Partly because I get confused who is who, lol & partly because my life seems relatively boring in comparison since I no longer work, no pets, kids are grown with families of their own, etc. I have done WW so many times I’ve lost count..even got lifetime at one time. I have been on here for quite awhile, still trying to lose about 20# or so. Have done a pretty good job of maintaining,tho, so guess that is something. I am good at tracking, just not disciplined with limiting. But it is slowly moving downward. I have a Fitbit & try to get 10,000 steps & don’t follow a specific diet although Intermittent fasting sounds like something I could do. Probably the 16:8, tho..couldn’t do all day.
    Now..I’ll try to get this right....

@trooworld ..glad your move went well, it’s a pain, lol. (We did it 2 yrs ago to get close to daughter & family, & closer to other daughter.) Hope your little dog will be OK.

@Tricias Time..IA is Iowa, USA. My oldest daughter’s dream was always to visit Australia. Sorry about the ankle..things take awhile to heal. I broke my leg & arm right before I retired. My knee was immobilized & no weight bearing for 12 weeks. Then it took over 6 weeks to get a bend of 90 degrees & way longer to get back to normal bending.

@theslightedgeforever...wow, almost neighbors, lol....we live in Urbandale. My girls both went to Iowa State. Youngest is a teacher, but didn’t want to go to UNI. I think paddleboats look like fun..but a lot of work!

@its_cleo...the Grand Canyon was scary to me...I don’t like heights,

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Wow, congrats on the loss, that's great!!! And how wonderful that you liked your leader, shopping at TJ's and Walmart early is a bonus!!!

@TrishasTime Well, now they are saying they don't have any extra parts in stock and they either want to send us a whole new set or refund us in full. I wore him down and convinced him to take the refund and spend more on a decent set. :D Now, heaven help me if that set arrives damaged lol. We are limping by on our meal planning. I had to look up what a snood was as we don't use that term here lol. That looks comfy! I have fingerless gloves at work, too because it is freezing at my job as well.

@Evamutt I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved pup, that's really hard.

@its_cleo I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Too bad about the fans acting badly. re: my dog...thanks. Yes, it does seem intimidating but I hope we'll get used to it. The worst part is the financial part, it looks like it's going to be quite the burden. :(

@RetiredAndLovingIt Welcome and I'm glad you've joined in! :) I do the 16:8 intermittent fasting and I *think* I'm finally almost getting used to it, although sometimes I cave in at an hour before my time is up lol. Moving is a pain, thanks, I'm glad it is over! I hope my pup will be okay, too. We will find out today if it is diabetes. I think it will likely be. If so, we will deal with it. We have no children, so he is what we spend our money on lol.

EMPOWERED.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    @teresaw1020 Thanks for the link. Yes. My home gym looks like a proper gym with mirrored walls and a TV hung on the wall. It's light because of all the windows and sliding glass door that looks out to the backyard. I really have no excuses except maybe the room is smaller than the other gyms. No sugar and low carb will usually work as long as you keep with it. That's the part that trips people up. So figure out how you will handle the gatherings at church, the baby showers etc. Bring your own low carb desserts, etc. Enjoy the glow of weight loss.

@trooworld Soon you'll be able to return to normal and get back to your regular routine of cooking. I thought your dh had diabetes and not your dog and had a whole paragraph written about it and then saw Cleo's post and thought OH. Then had to go back and delete it. lol Sorry about your furbaby. Is the insulin for dogs as expensive as for humans?

@Trishastime Ds has a one bedroom apt. But the living room is bigger than my dd's house and we had to squish in 5 there. At least we only have 4 in this one. So what is a snood. I learn so much from you.

@evamutt Sorry about the loss of your furbaby. The walking in the dogpark sounds like something you enjoyed. Would you consider another dog? My original reasons for exercising are no longer valid. So I'm trying to find my purpose other than "lose weight and get healthy". Evidently those aren't working for me to be consistent in my exercise.

@its_cleo I'm right there with you in being cold. The days are really nice but the nights are too cool for me and my kids insist they are hot and need the AC. Maybe I'll burn some calories that way with my body just trying to keep warm. lol The important thing is that you enjoyed the game. I hate spending money and feeling like I didn't get my money's worth.

@RetiredAndLovingIt My life runs almost parallel to yours but you've got one up on me. You have grandkids. My kids kept going to school. I'm like it's fine you all have masters but can we get me some grandkids. I think they kept going to school to avoid having to grow up and be adults. I think I drove through Urbandale yesterday. I saw it on a sign somewhere. Our lives are less complicated now than they were a few years ago. Not boring. I could never be boring. lol But then that's why I'm not exercising as I used to either. I needed the me time back then. Now I have all the me time I want.

So I got the scale out of storage finally and I gained a whopping 7 lbs. I got off and back on to make sure that was right. In 7 days. WTH I bought healthy food yesterday and will get this back under control before I return home.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

@RetiredAndLovingIt - You have more in common with us than what you think (see below @theslightedgeforever and@ trooworld) I am also sure that TeresaW1020 does intermittent as well
    • Kids are grown with families of their own,(same)
    • I have done WW so many times I’ve lost count..even got lifetime at one time. (same)
    • I have been on here for quite awhile, still trying to lose about 20# or so. (same)
    It is confusing but jump right in, if you have an opinion - what hobbies do you have?

@theslightedgeforever - Remember the gain was in the transition phase and you did as well as you could given the factors involved before - the weight will just drop off - You know you have done it before and you will do it again. A snood is a continuous circle in a scarf. It does not have 2 ends, it has been sewn together in a circle - that you can double up around your neck
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=snood&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WIcZrte-GIqPHM%3A%2C2qq-etQIDp2_RM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kSp9VUkZmkY1QwUA_2DJCaUv7MBdQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiKyKypwufiAhXFuo8KHfk1CroQ9QEwAXoECAAQBg#imgrc=XYW5gML9WpR9bM:&vet=1

@its_cleo - I am sorry that the fans gave the teams such a bad time. I did not get to hear it down here. I agree with you - I hate the booing and bad sportsmanship, it is so unnecessary. I am with you - it is very cold down here as well

@trooworld - I am glad you are getting more of what you want in the entertainment unit.

Well, the good thing I can say today is that it is Friday - weekend tomorrow :)

Take care
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    I'm not used to answering in this format but will give it a try, just for a little more info...I have 6 dogs, lost one, had 5 left but 3 are seniors & can't walk too long, 1 has a very rare bone disease so same, our little April dog is feisty so she can walk a long way & in the meantime we've squired another dog, a younger german shepherd, Eleanor. She LOVES the dog park . I found her as a stray, found owner, got her back & learned she was tied out on a chain for 3 years, she's 4
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    edited June 2019
    I agree about the dogs...I would have one again if we stayed home more, lol. Older daughter lives in Oklahoma, and we are down there at least 4 times a year. One of her dogs would not be friendly to another.

@theslightedgeforever ...there’s hope for you for grandkids..she was in her 30’s & her husband almost 40. Both daughters have 2, a girl & boy.

Just looked at that link..guess I didn’t know what a snood was either! Last week I was teaching my older granddaughter (she’s 12 & the oldest of the 4) how to knit...she was going to make a scarf. If she joined the ends together she could have a snood.

My hobbies are sewing & crafts, fishing(especially with the gkids), & walking. We have had a huge pumpkin patch for probably 5 years or so. The IA gkids liked to help plant & pick them but they are getting older & busier, so this year it has just been dh. & I. He kinda goes crazy ordering seed.& we HAVE to plant it all, lol. We usually get quite a few pumpkins & gourds & give them to family & neighbors.We were out there for 5 hrs last Monday weeding it. This may be the last year...that’s too much work, lol.
    (My Fitbit gave me a lot of “steps”...probably from all the hoeing I was doing..& I ate all the calories it gave me, too! :D )

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever lol...no, my dog is the sick one! ;) Thanks. I'm not sure yet, it can be very expensive. I've heard of people being able to use human insulin from Walmart if you work with your vet and get the dose right, so I'm going to ask my vet about that. It's cheaper that way. Sorry about the gain. I'm sure you will get it off fairly quickly.

@TrishasTime I'm glad it's the weekend as well and also glad about the entertainment center!

@Evamutt That's terrible about Eleanor. I'm so glad you got her to give her a good life now. She is beautiful. I have a dog, a pug, you might have been reading about him lately...they think he has diabetes...I'm still waiting on the results of the test.

@RetiredAndLovingIt that's neat that you have had a huge pumpkin patch. I love the fall and Halloween and pumpkins.

Hello all. I'm still waiting for confirmation that my pup has diabetes, I called yesterday but they didn't have the test results yet because their fax machine was down and that's how they get their results, apparently. Who uses a fax machine in 2019??? So, I will call this morning and see if they have any news. :(

EMPOWERED.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Trooworld, I hope you don’t get the news that your doggy has diabetes! Would it be the same kind of diabetes that we get? Type 2? I’m wondering if diet can reverse it as it can in humans. Might be worth some research. :/

@its_cleo, bummer that your team lost and that some of the fans acted so badly. There is just no excuse for when people do that! I hope that the management job turns out the way you truly want it to. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, I love your username! <3 Just jump in and start posting. I didn’t know everyone either when I started and it’s always great when we get someone new to join us! I’ve been doing intermittent fasting since February and love it!! I started out 16:8 and now I mostly do 19:5 or 20:4. I use an app called Life Fasting Tracker to keep me motivated I really recommend Gin Stephens book, “Delay, Don’t Deny.” It’s a quick read and taught me so much. I’m a huge fan! :)

@Evamutt, how wonderful that you rescued Eleanor from that terrible chained up life! I love dogs and if I lived in a bigger house and my own little Maggie Mae wasn’t such a drama queen, we would have at least one or two more. :D

@TrishasTime, I knew what a snood was! We call them infinity scarves here. B) It's been chilly here and I'm not liking it!

@theslightedgeforever, Your gym sounds really nice so you probably don’t have any excuses. :p You are so right that I have to figure out how to manage my low carb eating with all the stuff that we are doing at the church. And now we have decided to start doing monthly potlucks and this thing called Dinner for 6 where we group up and have a meal together once a month. Ugghhhh, it’s going to be interesting! :# That 7 lb gain might be water weight from all your traveling. You will get it off! <3

I'm on day four of seriously tracking my carbs and 13 days of no sugar. I'm feeling great! I bought 30 packs of Peanut M & M's for our Father's Day recognition on Sunday and tied these cute little tags to them. I was slightly tempted but not enough to actually open up a box. That is a huge plus for me!! Today is the last day of the Sugar Summit videos so I plan to keep them on most of the day while I'm at work and see what else I can learn. I am really learning that each body is different and what I do just might not work for you. Sure would be easier if we did all have a one-size-fits-all plan. ;)
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning gals!

I will keep this short, one hand typing is slow!!! I might use phone later on..LOL

I am Stil in the stint, went to the Dr again yesterday. He prefers surgery, but I am sayin no. They will cast it next week with a short cast, so I can bend and move my elbow. This is all weird with it happening at church, but Ian learning much, LOL

will touch base later, its good to see you all on here. I miss my daily dose of encouragement and laughter.

Cbabie
  • its_cleo
    @cbabie take care, sounds really rough. Yeah at least you’re learning- I always figure if something bad happens at least I can learn from it. I hope you heal okay. Don’t rush it and take gentle care.

@retiredandlovingit heights both me sometimes, but not a lot. Doesn’t matter much now as I won’t be going this year. It continues to be a dream though.

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you’re doing great on your plan! Sugar is not great for me either, I’m not cutting it out but I’m starting to realize how it is affecting me in ways I didn’t before. The Father’s Day bags sound super cute.
    @trooworld lol about the fax machine. Yeah seriously. That is old school. I hope the news is good. And I hope your new entertainment set is super nice .

@Evamutt what a nice looking dog. You have a great profile pic with all your pups.

@theslightedgeforever yeah it sucks to gain on vacation btu it’s hard to be steady when we’re away from home. When I went to Africa last year I gained 4 lbs. I was like who the heck goes to Africa of all places and gains weight?! Me apparently.

@TrishasTime did you hear the celebrations all the way in Australia last night? Toronto won the NBA championship for the first time ever. Whole city was partying. I was just at home, but there was honking and cheering all night.

I can try to embed a video: This was Toronto last night:

https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1139520896077574145

I’m supposed to go out with friends tonight and celebrate and then I’m back on my eating plan!
  • theslightedgeforever
    @cbabie we miss you on here. Hopefully it will heal soon and you can get back to normal. Are you still walking on your treadmill?

@its_cleo My mother always believed in someday. So someday you will see the Grand Canyon. I still have Italy on my someday list. Plus riding down the strip in vegas in a limo standing up in the sunroof yelling WOOOOOOOOOO. I'm chuckling about going to Africa and gaining weight. What kind of food do they have there? Although I would imagine S. Africa is so much different than the rest. Although I just thought about Morocco, that's still Africa and that's different too. Hooray for Toronto winning the championship. We have no live news in this apartment so I have no idea what's going on. Unless it comes across my phone, I don't see it. Wow on that video. So many people. So what eating plan are you doing these days?

• theslightedgeforever
    @trishastime I checked out the snood. I like it. Other than your recent accident, what do you think is the main cause for you still playing around with those same 20 lbs?

@evamutt I bet you are really busy with all those dogs. So I guess find a good eating plan that you like and then you can get in lots of walks with your younger dogs. Cute doggy. I love German Shepherds. I used to have a white one. We flunked out of obedience school though.

@gemwolf110 How are you doing on your health journey?

@RetiredAndLovingIt OK, I'll hang on to your hope about the grandkids. The pumpkin patch sounds fun. See, we have walking in common too. What eating plan are you following? I'm just counting calories basically. Nothing is off limits. Just portion control. Fasting doesn't work for me as I had my gallbladder out about 4 years ago and I get digestive issues once I eat a meal. I've tried eating light, just eating fruit to start out it's all the same. So that plan is off the table for me.

@trooworld Fax machine. lol What menus are you doing this week? I miss those. I wonder how a dog gets diabetes. Good thing it's not your hubby. Have you done any more walks to that coffee shop?

@teresaw1020 Yeah, I'm hoping the gain is from water weight. Part of it might be but then there is the junk I've been eating on vacation too plus lack of regular exercise. It will come back off. Yes, no excuses. I'm really trying to figure out why I'm not more motivated to go to my own gym. I made it that way to motivate me. Maybe I should buy some nice workout clothes. I still just need to do it, no matter the reasons. good for you for not eating the mnm's.

Don't remember if I told you all or not, but I walked an hour yesterday. Nothing today, but I'm thinking of going downstairs to the gym. I bought new workout shoes today. Although I don't know if I brought any workout clothes with me. I think I was just thinking about walking outside. I'll have to check.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Gm everyone

@evamutt - How lucky Eleanor has found such a loving home. I am glad she brings you joy

@RetiredAndLovingIt - Pumpkin patch - how magical. We really do not celebrate here with pumpkin (pies etc). The most common thing is pumpkin scones. I often dream of having a vege patch but I do not want the hard work of weeding it, I just want to go out and pick the fresh veges and use them in the kitchen

@trooworld - Fax machine - do they still exist? Wow!! I hope you get news about your puppy soon

@teresaW1020 _ Glad the sugar videos are working for you and I agree - we must all follow our own path. Potluck dinners -mmmm. I am glad you are with a friendly bunch of people. Does DH go as well?

@cbabie - So nice to hear from you. I said no to surgery (especially after the hip issues I went through) but in the end, they put in a ward for orthos and said it is the best way. I was operated on first thing in the morning and discharged that afternoon. The healing on the wrist is quicker. I hope you find relief soon. Was it your dominant hand? You learn different ways to do things - they will become normal to you. How is affecting your job at church?

@its_cleo - WOW - the streets are packed. They were not loud enough for me to hear on my side of Aus :) perhaps the other side? I am glad you enjoyed and are celebrating once the crowd dies down

@theslightedgeforever - I have Paris on my someday list. Riding down a stip in vegas yelling woohoo - yes I can imagine that. When do you start trekking back home?

Today is Saturday -woohoo. It means that I slept in until 7am (double woohoo). Nothing really planned. I bought myself some warmer tops yesterday. I will go for a short walk and see how the ankle handles it. My body tells me I need to move

Hope all is well

• RetiredAndLovingIt
    @theslightedgeforever ..guess we do have a lot in common..I had my GB out probably close to 20 yrs ago. I am just calorie counting, nothing off limits either, & TRY for portion control. I think one time you said you were trying to eat as much as possible & still lose, lol. That’s what I do, but must push it a little too much, because it is so slow going. ;)

@trooworld , have you heard about your puppy? I know someone who uses the insulin from Walmart..guess it is a lot cheaper. We were going to get “people” Lasix when our last dog needed it. I wasn’t surprised by the fax machine...we take papers to our bank all the time & ask them to fax them :)

@its_cleo Glad you may still go to the Grand Canyon sometime..it is pretty!

@Evamutt your puppy is a very pretty dog! I prefer smaller ones, but it seems like most in our neighborhood are big ones. She should help you get some exercise!

@cbabie hope your wrist heals well. When I broke my arm, they didn’t even cast it. Just said..don’t press down with it! :/

@TeresaW1020 I need to watch your sugar videos. My sister gave a book awhile ago about the dangers of sugar eating. I have yet to read it. She now does totally plant based. Don’t think I could be that disciplined!

About dream trips..my Ultimate dream trip is Sweden & Norway. Our exchange student “daughter” & family live there. & Norway because my Grandma (& other relatives further back) immigrated from there. Someday! (But the long flight kinda freaks me out!)
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    @TrishasTime ..we have a small garden here..just a few tomatoes & zucchini, green beans. It doesn’t take much weeding.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @cbabie, so glad you were able to check in with us. You have been in my prayers!! I hope your family and church family are taking good care of you. <3

@its_cleo, congrats Toronto!! What fun that video was. Soooo many people!! :D

@theslightedgeforever, I like your mother's belief in someday. Someday I'm going to wear white pants and a tank top! B) You should buy new workout clothes! I should too. I'm still wearing the same sports bras and size 3X workout shirts. I did buy some new shorts but only because my others literally fell apart. I guess working out at home doesn't motivate me to look very cute. :D

@TrishasTime, yes my DH goes with me to church and to all its many functions. He is a deacon and chairman of the finance committee. Our lives pretty much revolve around our church and our little dog. :D I also love Saturdays for sleeping in. I made it to 7:15 before my bladder started screaming and I smelled the brewing coffee. :)

@RetiredAndLovingIt, you should read the book! I never thought I would be the type of person to be disciplined enough to do intermittent fasting and now to cut out sugar/refined carbs from my daily diet but I'm doing it. Not going to say I won't have my stumbles along the way and when I do the key is to just keep moving forward. :)

Good morning! It's a beautiful, cool morning here and I don't have anything I have to do today. That is a rarity and I plan to enjoy it. B) After lunch we are going to drive out to the new house we are flipping with our pastor. He runs a construction company with his two sons and we have been flipping houses with him for a couple of years now. They are small flips so it doesn't make us a whole lot but it's definitely a nice bonus to our fixed income that we live on. I told my pastor that he needs to sell the house before Christmas so my husband doesn't give me grief over how much I spend. :D My eating and fasting are going well and I feel great!! I am really hoping for another good loss this week so I'm staying focused. :)
  • trooworld
    @TeresaW1020 Thanks, but unfortunately I did, he does have diabetes. :( I am not sure the type, but he has to be on insulin shots. I will ask the doc about the diet. I wish I would have had time to watch the Sugar Summit videos. I watched one video the day you sent the link, but didn't have time any other day. :( Enjoy your day of nothing!!!!

@cbabie So good to hear from you! I wish you well and a speedy recovery!!!

@its_cleo Not good news. Diabetes. Oh well, that dog is the million dollar dog. He is always going to the vet. Congrats to you and your team on winning the NBA championship!!! From the video, it looks like you guys really celebrated.

@theslightedgeforever I'll post next week's menu below. Dogs get diabetes from genetics mostly, but it can be diet and obesity. I have a pug and they are prone to diabetes. My pug isn't really overweight. Yes, I'm glad it isn't my hubby. I haven't walked to that coffee shop again, but plan to. I've just been too busy. That's great you went for an hour walk. That's a nice long walk. Keep it up.

@TrishasTime Yep they do apparently! I got the results: diabetes. :( I also have Paris (and Italy) on my someday list. Enjoy your walk.

@RetiredAndLovingIt I have, he definitely has diabetes, unfortunately. We go to the vet this morning to learn more and to learn how to give him shots. I have heard about the Walmart insulin as well and I am going to ask my vet about that...I heard it saves a lot of money. Sweden & Norway would be a nice trip...and a long one. I wish I could have a garden, especially for tomatoes, but at my new condo, all I have is a narrow walkway that I cannot block. :(

Hello all. We go this morning to learn how to give my pup insulin injections. I'm also going to ask about insulin from Walmart (apparently Walmart sells insulin without prescription and if you work with your vet to get the dosage right, you can save a lot of money on it). I will share this week's menu, as I haven't done that in a while. Keep in mind I am doing keto and intermittent fasting, so no breakfasts:

Garlic Miso Chicken Wings + Quick and Easy Parmesan Zucchini Fries
    Chicken Korma + cauliflower "rice"
    Caprese Stuffed Balsamic Chicken + roasted broccoli
    Pressure Cooker Chinese Pepper Steak
    Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
    Fathead Pizza Crust Recipe (Low Carb Keto Pizza) + toppings for pizza

EMPOWERED.