Jp's omad journey

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Poor babies :( That's even worse than being sick yourself because you wish you could help them so bad :(

What's with the sickness all around yo?! Not cool :noway:

Hey you've been having to be Mama extraordinaire! Give yourself a break, lady! You're awesome <3
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    I agree @volgirl1322. We really should try our hardest to get back up onto the wagon next week👍😊

Thank you @mistymeadows2005❤️ Sure hope you are back to pink health too❤️

I am in my Week 47 now and in 5 weeks time, I will be celebrating my 1 year doing OMAD. Hopefully before Dec 2019, I will reach my GW of 110lbs / 50kg. Was in the supermart today and I just wanted to eat the whole roast chicken that I saw at the hot food section. Thank goodness I managed to resist the urge. I really hope that everyone is back to pink health so that we are all back to our regular schedules.

It's about 2am here. DD is 100% back to pink health. DS should be 100% by tomorrow (hopefully) and DH is about 80%. So far, I am still feeling A-OK, fingers cross🤞🤞🤞

Have a wonderful weekend❤️❤️❤️
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    OMG this was the month of being naughty :D
    Seems like we all got it. I think sometimes it is normal to rebel against strictness. The important thing is that we all kept our losses and we know we will get back to our routine.
  • jadepearl
    edited June 2019
    I think June is our naughty month @SoulSisterSoulBrother 🤔😂 Let's hope all of us will get back onto the wagon soon🙏

###

Week 47
    CW: 56.7kg (124.7lbs)

So happy that everyone is back to pink health. Hopefully, I do not fall sick.🙏🤞 I am trying very hard to get back on the wagon but my addiction to chocolate is making it hard. For several days, I have been eating lots of mint chocolate bars.

For today, I OMAD at around 11am. DH wanted chicken bryiani and that's what I made.🍗🥘 and mint chocolate bars🍫🍫🍫. Tried to exercise but ended up giving up after 30 mins because my knees hurt. 😢

Hope that you guys are having a wonderful Wed❤️
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    I know what you mean about chocolate....I had a bad habit in the last few months of, post-dinner, going into the den to read or work, and taking a bag of peanut butter M and Ms with me. And, since the larger bags of chocolate tend to taste fresher than the single servings, I would buy the "sharing size" of M and Ms. Needless to say, there was no sharing going on. (At least I didn't degenerate to buying the "party size," however!)
  • mistymeadows2005
    Chocolate normally doesn't tempt me, but my Halo Top on the other hand............................
  • jadepearl
    edited June 2019
    I know what you mean @Nevadaden :) Same here, we tend to buy the family size packs. My kids now know that when I start eating it, they will join in or it will all be finished by me, myself and I... :lol:

Halo Top is very expensive here @mistymeadows2005 ... 1 tub (473ml) costs us around $10. DH always tell me that I should get the other bigger boxes of homebrand which cost around $5 for a 4 litre tub.

Week 47
    CW: 56.5kg (124.3lbs)

Good evening OMADers :)

It has been another cold, stormy, hailing day here. Hail stones weren't too big today...phew! The last time, it was as big as golf balls. It was scary! This morning when I weighed myself, I am now 56.5kg (124.3lbs). That means I have another 6.5kg (14.3lbs) to go to reach my UGW. It has been a very slow and long journey and I think its going to be more difficult now. Met a long lost schoolmate this morning at the supermart. Haven't seen her for like 10 years. OMG, she is 1/3 of her size and she told me that she loss it in 1 year. She kept asking me to buy the slimming pills which she took for that whole year to loose 30kg (66lbs) without exercising. She had to go under the knife to remove the extra skin. She looks amazing! However, I am not very fond on taking slimming pills. So, I told her that I will just try to do it slowly. Of course, when I was in school, I was just 44-45 kg (96.8 - 99 lbs). So, with that image in her mind and looking at me now at 56.5kg (124.3lbs), no wonder she kept recommending me those slimming pills. Told DH all about it and he said he will kill me if I bought any slimming pills...

I know that I can never go back to my younger days and I don't think I want to either as I feel that 44 - 45 kg is just too thin for me now. Ever since I got PG with my kids, my weight has gone right up to 67kg (147.4lbs) and I often hide myself as people can really be so mean. I tend to go to the supermart early in the morning as I know those "kitten" "kitten" will be there at around 10ish, looking at everyone and saying mean things about this person or that person. These days, I just go whenever I want but of course they still say mean things. However, I went to a clothes shop this morning after doing my grocery and saw a pair of jeans which I thought would suits me. I asked for a size 10 and tried it out. However, it was a little too loose and I got out to ask for a size smaller. That's when those 3 "kitten" "kitten" walked in and looked at me from head to toe and laughed. The owner of the shop said loudly " I knew size 10 would be too big for you! Here, try a size 8! " I quickly went back to try it on and it fits nicely... A M A Z I N G feeling! <3<3<3 I also found out the 3 "kitten" "kitten" sizes - 8, 10 and 12. Got back home and showed DH my new jeans and he said I look sexy :blush:

I OMAD early today...around 11.30am. We made one pot chicken rice and ate it with choysuey. I ended up eating the last 4 mint chocolate and I told DH that no matter what, please do not let me buy it as when I see it at home, I will surely eat it... :lol:

Hope that everyone will have a wonderful Thursday <3
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Awesome on the jeans!!!! shopping for smaller clothes so much fun!!!!!
  • jadepearl
    I agree @volgirl1322 👍😁 Smaller size clothes is a huge confirmation that we have loss weight and inches 👍😉❤️
  • jadepearl
    Forgot to post my scale photo... silly me
    f1ry2ai6aain.jpg
  • Nevadaden
    I love your scale photos. Talk about keeping one honest!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE WIN JP! We've all had good NSV with clothes recently! Maybe I'll try on my UGW jeans tonight and if they fit, I'll take a pic <3

Good for you for blowing off those a-holes at the store - a size 8 is wonderful! In fact, I think the aforementioned jeans might be a 7/8 :blush:
  • SoulSisterSoulBrother
    SoulSisterSoulBrother Posts: 220 Member
    Congratulations. Yeah people can be so mean. Dont take pills. I have also bought my first size 12 trousers since 2011 which is awesome. So strange that my weight didnt change however i keep have to buy smaller and smaller clothes. Now im 10-12 on the top and 12-14 on trousers. Keep up the good work, you are doing amazing!
  • jadepearl
    @SoulSisterSoulBrother ❤️ Yes @Nevadaden 👍 I prefer to take scales photos for accountability. I am hopeless in remembering dates. With my phone, all photos are time stamped 😉📱

Can't wait to see your photo tonight @mistymeadows2005 😉😍 Show it to your other half... 😘🥰🤭.

Thank you @SoulSisterSoulBrother❤️ Oh yes, its the best feeling ever to buy smaller size clothes👍 You are doing amazing too👍 Loosing inches is just as great👍❤️

• jadepearl
    edited June 2019
    I am totally Ms Forgetful😕😞 Wanted to post my jeans photo (size 10 and size 8). DD is wearing size 6 jeans and I think when I reach my UGW of 50kg (110lbs), I might be able to squeeze into a 6🤔🤣

14z89ns8ggx2.jpg

I am hopeless when it comes to international sizes. When I try to order clothes online, I always get it wrong. 😟😖So, DS downloaded and texted me this chart😂 Love him to the moon and back ❤️😘 Now, I have been ordering and getting the size right👍👍😁

0zc2y60d99wp.jpg
  • jadepearl
    l4fn60ep3ar0.jpg
  • jadepearl
    Week 48
    CW: 56.2kg (123.6lbs)

Good evening OMADers :)

It a housework weekend for me...laundry, sweep, mop, more laundry, cooking, cleaning up, etc...but, this should burn some calories, right? :)

Got on the scale this morning and Mr Scale gave me a little surprise - 56.2kg (123.6lbs). Even though its a small loss, but it does make me happy as I am very very slow in loosing weight. As I was doing folding the clothes, DD came and asked me who is wearing size 8 and I happily said "me" and she said that I should try her jeans (size 6) as she tried size 8 and there's not much difference. Oh, silly little darling! Of course there's a difference. Imagine me, forcing myself into a size 6 and I won't even be able to pull up the jeans... :lol: As I am a pear-shaped, my upper body is an XS which is a smaller size than size 6. But my lower body is huge and currently I am a size 8. So, imagine me buying a suit, it just doesn't work :( Anyone here have this problem too?

Have a wonderful weekend <3
  • jadepearl
    edited June 2019
    Here's my scale photo. Managed to resize
    duoekkw9y5ca.jpg

• LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    WOO on the size 8 jeans!! Such an amazing NSV :)
    Wait.. are the 3 a-holes adults that make fun of people?? What kind of sad pathetic losers do that? Ones that must have some seriously bad home lives and self esteem I'm sure. Don't even mind them. Not worth your time!
  • Nevadaden
    @jadepearl, I can empathize. I have a small waist in comparison to my hips, so if I buy a skirt or jeans to fit my waist, then it is uncomfortable or unflattering in the hips. Or, if I buy a skirt or jeans to fit my hips, then the waistband is loose and floppy and also unflattering. A-line skirts work, but so far I haven't found a comparable solution in jeans.