Help

Hi,

I need support. Currently 169 kilo, struggling with mental thoughts of how to get things started without looking like a fool at the gym or walking down the street. Currently recovering from a secondary chest infection again and I'm ready to take the step into a healthier lifestyle both physically & mentally.
I just need some help & support along the way.
Please help.

Replies

• forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    Welcome😊
    You’ve made an awesome first step of coming here so use that to further your momentum and pride in yourself!! You CAN SO DO THIS! There’s lots of support on this site. I’ll do what I can to support you 😊
  • nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    It’s tough getting back into the swing of things, but I believe in you, we all do! I struggled with the gym and thinking everyone was staring at me or judging me, but we are all there for the same reason! So don’t let those thoughts keep you down, stand up and take what’s yours girl!
  • BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Hi,

I need support. Currently 169 kilo, struggling with mental thoughts of how to get things started without looking like a fool at the gym or walking down the street. Currently recovering from a secondary chest infection again and I'm ready to take the step into a healthier lifestyle both physically & mentally.
    I just need some help & support along the way.
    Please help.

Had to figure out that 169kg is 372lbs which is definitely something I can relate with you about. I'm actually more than you and would love to offer support and encouragement. Check out my profile and diary if you like. I'm a faithful logger here since 2014. Send me a friend request if you think we could do this together.
  • nickdavis888
    nickdavis888 Posts: 21 Member
    I love how much everyone lifts each other up on this app, it’s incredible to see!
  • scatter_sunshine
    scatter_sunshine Posts: 6 Member
    Apologies everyone,

I'm still getting used to responding on this platform. Thank you for all your kind words. I've sent out friend requests.

I know I cannot do this on my own. I'll be my own worst nightmare however, if I keep writing entries then I'll be accountable to myself & determine whether my word is still my bond....
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Start slow. Make small, sustainable changes. Don't try to change everything at once; that's a recipe for quitting.

Read this thread. It's gold.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • scatter_sunshine
    scatter_sunshine Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you, I'll certainly have a good read.
  • skystarfor
    skystarfor Posts: 17 Member
    Hello from Dubai , lets do it ... insist on loosing weight ... move more and more , get off that comfy sofa ... eat less and healthier