Need some help please

Hi all I’m currently 21.10
I’ve lost 10lb in three weeks, 8 the first and a pound each week since,, why is it not dropping off me? Am
I eating enough? Can anyone advice me please x

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    edited June 2019
    We tend to lose a lot of water weight in the first week, that type of loss is not sustainable long term. I would consider 10lb in three weeks dropping of you! You are doing well. Right now depending on your life style 1 to 2lb per week is great. As you get closer to goal weight, weight loss will be lower and slower.

You are losing weight, my advice to you is to set reasonable goals and be patient.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    step back a moment: averaged out you have lost THREE POUNDS A WEEK! that's super crazy progress and to be celebrated! 10lbs in under a month is SUPER SUPER fast rate of loss. Much of the first week's lost was probably water weight which is why it was a quick drop. that cannot and should not be maintained

how much do you need to lose? if you are not obese than 1lb/week is actually where you should be at.

are you using a food scale?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    🔝 Love @88olds' comments! Very good advice here. 😃
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    You are losing fine. The only thing you need to change is your expectations.

Congrats on your loss so far! Keep it up!
  • amble1066
    amble1066 Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all, yes I’m about 300lb,,, I lost 9st 10 years ago,within a year, which was quick and easy, and I think I’m assuming it will be that easy this time, but I’m 10 years older,
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    edited June 2019
    amble1066 wrote: »
    Thank you all, yes I’m about 300lb,,, I lost 9st 10 years ago,within a year, which was quick and easy, and I think I’m assuming it will be that easy this time, but I’m 10 years older,

It can be slow no matter what our age. Progress ebbs and flows. Like others have said, focus on the food scale rather than the body weight scale. What matters most over time is food intake. Every day make your calorie and macro goal (and some exercise of course) be your daily victory. Other victories will add up then, and later the body weight scale will join in on its own sweet time. That's what "enjoy the journey" and "focus on the process" and "trust the process" are all about. Focus on the process for 30-90 days and you will see the results. The body weight scale is not a good measure of progress except as a trend over time, months and years, not weeks so much.