Online or old fashioned how i you looking for you next.....

djjeffa
djjeffa Posts: 117 Member
edited June 2019 in Chit-Chat
So back when I was young there was none of this online dating stuff the closest we had was the party line(dial up phone chat).
I kind of like the old way (making eye contact across the room ect) never tried online before. What do you perfer?

Replies

• PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    djjeffa wrote: »
    So back when I was young there was none of this online dating stuff the closest we had was the party line(dial up phone chat).
    I kind of like the old way (making eye contact across the room ect) never tried online before. What do you perfer?

Meeting people in real life. It is far more powerful imo
  • djjeffa
    djjeffa Posts: 117 Member
    I agree 👍
    PAFC84 wrote: »

• PAFC84
    djjeffa wrote: »
    I agree 👍

Close thread? ;)
  • PAFC84
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I prefer meeting in real life, getting to know a person face to face. You can have a connection with someone online and then when you meet they turn out to be completely different to the idea you have of them in your head. 🤯

This sounds too well thought out to be a theory ;)
  • PAFC84
    Also I'd just like yo say that I'm so glad that this thread is more comprehensible than the title :smiley::D
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’ve always met people the organic way, through friends or co-workers where we got to know one another a bit and there’s an actual connection. I’d not feel comfortable with online dating or meeting people I don’t know at all. Maybe in a group setting I would.
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    The errors in the title are driving me bananas. I must leave.
  • PAFC84
    InkgirlKC wrote: »

I really thought it was a friend or relative of Daniel with poor English, come here to contrive fresh ways of coming at women

Coming at women?? Those in glass houses..... ;)
  • PAFC84
    edited June 2019

I really thought it was a friend or relative of Daniel with poor English, come here to contrive fresh ways of coming at women

Bru. What are you talkin' bout?

I was teasing you about mocking his English whilst then saying "coming at women". Also talking about Daniel and saying "coming at women" is amusing, to me anyway.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Yeah, sometimes it's easier to meet people online, get to know them, and then meet in real life to see if the chemistry is there too.

I've never done online dating sites but I've talked to a lot of people online. I'm pretty shy and self conscious in real life and online made it easier to talk to people.

And, seriously, it's no more dangerous to meet someone online and then in person and have them turn out to be an axe murderer or married or a different person altogether than it is to meet someone in a grocery store. Not only people online misrepresent themselves.
  • forestfreek
    forestfreek Posts: 5,770 Member
    I think you can meet people just fine either way. I have friends who have been with their partners for years who they met online from half a world away. Conversely, many people I know still meet the traditional way. I think the bonus to on-line dating is that geographically speaking, you open up a whole world of potential to yourself and get to meet people that you wouldn’t have otherwise. The caveat is, obviously, that you have to be wise enough to realize that not everyone is who they say they are online. Pros and cons to both.
  • PAFC84

Bru. What are you talkin' bout?

I was teasing you about mocking his English whilst then saying "coming at women". Also talking about Daniel and saying "coming at women" is amusing, to meme anyway.

You know, kinda like the whole "come at me" thing. I dunno, maybe I'm clueless. Coming at onto wimen :D

I know. :D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited June 2019
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I prefer to meet people online because then I can be whoever I feel like.

@caco_ethes

Same here.

I would say more on the subject..... but my agent, team of advisors and security detail are waiting.

We'll be boarding my private jet soon, on the way to a tropical location to begin filming my latest Hollywood Megahit.

• isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I prefer to meet people online because then I can be whoever I feel like.

@caco_ethes

Same here.

I would say more on the subject..... but my agent, team of advisors and security detail are waiting.

We'll be boarding my private jet soon, on the way to a tropical location to begin filming my latest Hollywood Megahit.

Hmu