What's your guilty pleasure?

SheepDog26
SheepDog26 Posts: 9 Member
edited June 2019 in Health and Weight Loss
I was instructed to take all challenges one piece at a time. I have my daily challenges as anyone else but have focused rewarding myself each day when I hit my milestone.

Daily: Rewarding myself with some gaming time.
Weekly: Cheat day! I love my carbs!
Long term: This is kind of a fun one. I'm currently in the process of rowing Odysseus' journey in Homer's The Odyssey. The voyage from Ithaca to Troy (Trojan War) was 500+ miles. After all was said and done, Odysseus put on about 5700 miles. I'm at about 315 miles right now and have been at it for a few months. At the 500 mile mark, I plan to get part of my upper sleeve done as I love tattoos! The tattoo actually depicts a mash-up of the Odyssey.

I know the entire trip will take a long time but rowing is so relaxing so I'm looking forward to the entire journey and adding ink as I row along.

Here is the total trip: https://www.tripline.net/trip/Odysseus'_Journey_in_Homer's_The_Odyssey-44200575335710119330D14548BB660E

Share what your guilty pleasure is!!!

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    That all seems very worthwhile and the Odyssey thing seems really cool.

I have tried reward systems in the past but they never worked for me so this time I am keeping it really simple and just focusing on being happy and making my life feel normal. I am naturally competitive so if I have fitness numbers that I have attained I want to top them as much as I can.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    When I was hitting mini goals I’d treat myself to luxury lipsticks.
    Now that I’m at goal and got my summer body I’m treating us to vacation to Portugal.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    That's pretty rad. I'm a huge mythology fan, so I love the theme. Does the route include all of the detours the Greeks took to get to Ithaca, or a straight shot? Just curious. I'd love to see the tattoo when it's done (I've also got a tattoo that I'm using as motivation and I'm within 10lbs of being able to get it).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Along the lines of rowing Odysseus' journey, when it's not gardening season I Walk to Mordor: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10613108/walk-to-mordor/p1
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    I've seen "run across the US in a year" goals too.

Fun goal, OP!
  • SheepDog26
    SheepDog26 Posts: 9 Member
    grimendale wrote: »
    That's pretty rad. I'm a huge mythology fan, so I love the theme. Does the route include all of the detours the Greeks took to get to Ithaca, or a straight shot? Just curious. I'd love to see the tattoo when it's done (I've also got a tattoo that I'm using as motivation and I'm within 10lbs of being able to get it).

The route includes all the stops! If you look at the link in my post, you can see how crazy the route was.
  • robthephotog
    robthephotog Posts: 81 Member
    It sounds crazy but my reward for weight loss and strength gains has been going kayacking and hiking with my family. Not even last year i could barely keep up.

Oh, and a double scoop ice cream cone here and there 😜